Anybody recommend an app that is just like the privs swipe gestures?
    I've been looking at phones recently and am trying to get some of the things I liked in the priv to a new phone when I make the purchase.
    I can't go keyone or keytwo. Hate it too much so gonna be typing on glass soon. Trying to make the transition as comfortable as possible.
    Shame TCL didn't follow thru with a sequel.
    01-24-20 11:53 PM
    I've been looking at phones recently and am trying to get some of the things I liked in the priv to a new phone when I make the purchase.
    I can't go keyone or keytwo. Hate it too much so gonna be typing on glass soon. Trying to make the transition as comfortable as possible.
    Yes because they didn’t lose enough money on PKB form nobody supports in necessary volumes
    01-25-20 09:25 AM
    There are a lot of options.

If you're not a tinkerer, and just want a phone to work out the box, any Android 10 phone will suit your needs. Android 10 has swipe gestures.

If you are a tinkerer, you can get an android phone that is easy to root, I use a OnePlus 5T for example. Oxygen OS 9, which is Android Pie, has full gestures, and a few programmable gestures for things like the flashlight, music player, etc. I use a root app called GMD Gestures, which offers User Programmable gestures, and too many features to list. But my 5T works just like my old Z-10, gestures wise. And although I use my fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone, the custom kernel I use offers a swipe up to unlock feature.

You have a lot of options to choose from, just do some research and keep track of the features that work best for your needs.
    01-25-20 06:02 PM
    Cool. I'll look around. Wanted to find the closest experience to the privs. Also gonna still install the productivity tab.

Phone I'm gonna go with is a razer phone 2. Like 350 new now. Don't think it's gonna get android 10 but it got pie.
    01-26-20 06:13 PM
    Another option is to install the BlackBerry Keyboard app on your new Razr. Unfortunately, unlike their other apps (Hub etc.) BB never made the Keyboard app available for the broader Android community to download from Google Play. So you'll have to use Cobalt67's BlackBerry Manager to install the Priv version and patch it to work on your Razr: https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...uired-1059855/ But it will give you the same VKB your Priv has, including gestures.
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    01-29-20 02:27 PM
    Well finally took the plunge. Took a few days of tweaking to get things back to normal.
    For the side tab I went with something called "edge action"
    For a password manager went with enpass..
    The new keyboard isn't too bad. Gboard is very similar to the blackberry one and a tad smarter...using a combo of typing on glass and swiping to type is working ok.
    If there was ever a priv 2 with guts of this Razer 2 it would be incredible. This thing flies with zero lag..
    120z refresh rate screen and loud as hell speakers. Good stuff
    02-06-20 01:10 PM