Is blackberry 3 getting launched this month
    No word out yet from BlackBerry themselves, does this mean its out?
    My priv is 3.5 yrs old now. The battery is aging and the phone is always hot when I use it
    06-20-19 11:47 AM
    My priv is 3.5 yrs old now. The battery is aging and the phone is always hot when I use it
    We can probably expect a new device by early 2020.
    If your Priv is no longer serviceable, the current options are the KEY2 and KEY2 LE.
    As much as I tried using even a brand new Priv as a daily driver, the battery can barely keep up with my usage, but I also don't like to charge mid-day.
    06-20-19 02:11 PM
    Not this month.... they said late in the year or early next. (for what that is worth)

Get a KEY2 or KEY2 LE if you need a PKB.
    06-20-19 03:16 PM
    I dont mind at all key 2 LE actually it is a lovely phone. I guess it's only sold in the usa and europe am I right
    I live in Egypt and it is not in Dubai where I got the priv from
    But the 2020 date is confirmed for key 3 not june 2019 as ruimored
    06-20-19 09:30 PM
    I dont mind at all key 2 LE actually it is a lovely phone. I guess it's only sold in the usa and europe am I right
    I live in Egypt and it is not in Dubai where I got the priv from
    But the 2020 date is confirmed for key 3 not june 2019 as ruimored
    What June 2019 rumor?

I can tell you with certainty there won't be a KEY3 this summer... BBMo stated late this year or early next year. But at this point I might only give even odds that there will even be a KEY3....
    06-21-19 07:39 AM
    If the KEY3 were about to be, or had launched. Or if there were an announcement of any new BB on the horizon. CrackBerry would be lit up like Time Square on New Years Eve making it impossible to miss. So to answer your question(s) "NO".
    the_boon and Tim-ANC like this.
    06-21-19 09:21 PM
    I was reading that TCL is finally bring to market, this fall, supposedly a good phone under their own brand.

About time. The house of brands strategy is not working.
    06-21-19 09:42 PM
    I am a long-time, loyal, BlackBerry fan and user. With each device -- after my Bold 9930 -- I have been more disappointed, both from BlackBerry and the carrier (Verizon). The latter of course blames various problems on the former, but that's a debate for another time. That said, perhaps it is VZW, but each device I bought became "unsupported" very quickly, they stopped sending updates, the "old" version wasn't compatible with various corporate needs, apps, and programs, and overall, BlackBerry just became more and more like an 8-track player. At least that's the way I felt.

So, then I moved on to a Priv, tried the KeyOne, and KeyTwo, and none of them really seemed mainstream so to speak. My IT people despised the BlackBerry, even though it was an Android OS. I am still using the Priv now, but I so handicapped, it's barely functional as a smartphone/PDA.

Point being -- let's say the KeyThree comes out, and I mean "IF" it comes out, perhaps in 2020 -- how good can the device really be? The predecessors have gotten no real market penetration, you are probably going to be in a BYOD situation (and I get most people prefer this), so how long will updates, patches, etc., be coming out for? How quickly will bugs or other problems get fixed? What incentive is there for the device to be fully and completely supported?

I hate to say it, but BlackBerry marketing their name, and the manufacturer not doing so well, and not having carrier-branded or carrier-sold devices, etc. -- this doesn't sound very promising for long-term success and progress. I hope I am wrong.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    06-28-19 10:12 PM
    My expectation if a new BBMo device were to come out. It'll be similar to what we are seeing now, the correlation been spec's vs price will be a deterrent for the majority w/only diehards seeing its value.

Dunno but the frequency of delays, lack of device availability, spotty updates (for some variants), has increased (imo) so I'm questioning whether there will be another. Most businesses buying for a piece of the pie usually show some form of progression yet we're seeing the opposite... Nope no stats just "seat of the pants" perception. Not good if that's the case.
    Tech Idiot and Bay 13 like this.
    06-28-19 11:06 PM
    My expectation if a new BBMo device were to come out. It'll be similar to what we are seeing now, the correlation been spec's vs price will be a deterrent for the majority w/only diehards seeing its value.

Dunno but the frequency of delays, lack of device availability, spotty updates (for some variants), has increased (imo) so I'm questioning whether there will be another. Most businesses buying for a piece of the pie usually show some form of progression yet we're seeing the opposite... Nope no stats just "seat of the pants" perception. Not good if that's the case.
    Good points. I was going to get a Key 2 but availability for U.S. market is thin with the few vendors selling older key 2's with the space bar problem. BBMo has been quiet after they stated no phone would be released this spring/summer. Heck, even Andy Rubin gave a hint that a Essential phone 2 may show up...but crickets from BBMO.

Motion is starting to lag with the older 625 chip and battery life decreasing. No Blackberry options at this time if I wanted to buy a new device.

Apple is not an option. May scoop up a Essential Ph 1 for a low price. That phone is about to get Android Q and just got July security patch.
    07-02-19 09:15 PM
    Good points. I was going to get a Key 2 but availability for U.S. market is thin with the few vendors selling older key 2's with the space bar problem. BBMo has been quiet after they stated no phone would be released this spring/summer. Heck, even Andy Rubin gave a hint that a Essential phone 2 may show up...but crickets from BBMO.

Motion is starting to lag with the older 625 chip and battery life decreasing. No Blackberry options at this time if I wanted to buy a new device.

Apple is not an option. May scoop up a Essential Ph 1 for a low price. That phone is about to get Android Q and just got July security patch.
    The KEY2 is sort of a gamble with the spacebar. Many are just fine, some might be a bit wobbly. There is no way to tell before ordering. From Amazon you have 30 days to return.
    Or just pick up an LE from Best Buy
    07-02-19 10:07 PM
    Don't think we will ever see a KEY3. Seems like they gave up.
    phuoc and sorgo like this.
    07-02-19 10:42 PM

Availability seems to be a big stickler for BBMo seeing absolutely no positivity coming from it... The launch/availability of LE Atomic/KEY2 Red Edition were pathetic imo. And the old adage "silent is golden" ain't paying dividends here.

Yeah sorta bummed I didn't jump on the Essential as their support has been phenomenal. But like the Motion, don't think we could live with its camera (never tried one so can't honestly say really).

No real issues with my Motion other than its shooter, I'd still be using if it weren't for that fact but got tired of dealing with it. There's something about the form-factor, BB Android OS, that satisfies my needs, and battery on mine still trumps anything I own.

The way I see it... Unless one is a diehard PKB fan, needs that extra bit of security, or has money to burn, see no reason to consider a BB. And considering the brands future/support is in the balance (a lot these days it seems), that's another reason to stay clear.
    John Albert likes this.
    07-03-19 05:09 AM
    I was reading that TCL is finally bring to market, this fall, supposedly a good phone under their own brand.

About time. The house of brands strategy is not working.
    Thing is years ago they used their own brand and pretty much ran it into the ground there in China... they sorta had to switch to other brands. But then they have ran the Alcatel brand into the ground....

I think most market's outside of China, only know TCL for their TV's... so using TCL should work for them. As long as they change more than their name...
    07-03-19 07:33 AM
    Don't think we will ever see a KEY3. Seems like they gave up.
    I don't believe they gave up. It's coming. They still have a few BBmo official shops in China. Those shops are subsidised (not enough sales to sustain them). I believe they are part of a long term strategy to install the brand, provide after sale service etc... as long as those stores are open. There is hope.
    07-05-19 07:21 AM
    Pretty sure they gave up. If not, they would be replying to all of the messages on here with specific plans.
    07-08-19 11:15 AM
    Pretty sure they gave up. If not, they would be replying to all of the messages on here with specific plans.
    They wouldn't want to give out their secret plans for the "PassPriv", a Passport slider

Shhhh
    07-08-19 11:40 AM
    @ViktorOTitov claim to have received information from a BlackBerry Mobile rep alluding to a July announcement:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzn55ikB...d=cv7tun6dxh08
    Last edited by RK_BB; 07-08-19 at 12:25 PM.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    07-08-19 12:09 PM
    We'll believe it when we see it.
    07-08-19 12:31 PM
    @ViktorOTitov claim to have received information from a BlackBerry Mobile rep alluding to a July announcement:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzn55ikB...d=cv7tun6dxh08
    Well it would explain the lack of inventory in some markets.....

But doesn't fit with what BBMo said at MWC nor with the fact we haven't hand any leak of said product. While I don't doubt that TCL could keep it quite if they wanted too... I don't see any advantage in not getting some free marketing.
    07-08-19 01:04 PM
    Eagerly waiting for a KEY3 also.

I get reminded I need an upgrade everytime I use the camera app
    07-19-19 09:16 PM
    They wouldn't want to give out their secret plans for the "PassPriv", a Passport slider

Shhhh
    Pritty sure the next blackberry is an invisible passport running Android

Posted via my Awesome passport
    the_boon likes this.
    07-21-19 05:34 AM
    I've been a BlackBerry user since the 7520 and I sure hope somethings comes through soon, my space bar on the KEYone is going out.
    If the KEY2's price doesn't drop (not paying $650 for a year old phone), I will be looking for something else.

Please BBMo, give us some sort of date to look forward too!
    07-22-19 09:03 AM
    I've been a BlackBerry user since the 7520 and I sure hope somethings comes through soon, my space bar on the KEYone is going out.
    If the KEY2's price doesn't drop (not paying $650 for a year old phone), I will be looking for something else.

Please BBMo, give us some sort of date to look forward too!
    In the meantime, I would definitely grab a $ 30 replacement keyboard on eBay for your KEYone
    07-22-19 10:49 AM
    In the meantime, I would definitely grab a $ 30 replacement keyboard on eBay for your KEYone
    That's a good idea! Thank you!!
    07-22-19 11:14 AM
99 123 ...