I remember reading about Android 7 making to BB devices in January, was that just a rumor, or did BB mention that they would update the current devices to Android 7?

Hopefully, it's part of the several punches BBRY plans to throw at CES, release of 2 new devices, announcement of 7.0 on current devices and BB enterprise software solutions like tracking & fleet communications, and a few small nuggets in between.
    01-02-17 12:09 AM
    From an earlier post:

Chen's timeline for Nougat is six to eight months after July (so Q1 2017). Here's the relevant bit, because they block ad blockers.

BlackBerry hopes that Android's inferior security will change, however, and Chen explained that the firm has an internal project focusing on boosting the security credentials of Google's software. "The goal is to make the Android security level the same as BB10. There's still a gap right now, but this gap will hopefully be gone within the next six to eight months," he said. Chen added that the gap will be closed through a combination of BlackBerry's super-secret project and the impending release of the next version of Google's software, Android 7.0 Nougat. Or, according to Chen, "Android L". "We need to add our code to it, but we also expect Android L to step up in terms of security," he said. Google has been keen to big up the improved security credentials of Nougat, claiming that the upcoming release will deliver file-based encryption, Mediaserver hardening and automatic updates. Android 7.0 will also, for the first time, prevent ransomware resetting passwords and locking owners out of their device. BlackBerry couldn't confirm when Android N will roll out to the likes of the BlackBerry Priv, but Chen said that adding the company's "special code" on top of the certified release will "take a little bit longer".
    That 6-8 month timeframe means January-March. CES is January 5-8, and the Mercury (which we know has Nougat on it) is assumed to be announced then for release sometime shortly after. The partner phones (BB Merah Putih) are also expected at end of January-beginning of February (Chinese New Year).

So if all goes well, general release of some phone(s) in late January, with Nougat for unlocked devices shortly after: February.

Still, only conjecture. I'm guessing there might be a January Marshmallow update in the cards.
    bluesqueen23 and xandros9 like this.
    01-02-17 12:25 AM
    Still, only conjecture. I'm guessing there might be a January Marshmallow update in the cards.
    Are you referring to a 6.1 or the usual security patches? I can't see a 'real' Marshmallow update with Nougat already out there.
    01-02-17 07:46 AM
    Are you referring to a 6.1 or the usual security patches? I can't see a 'real' Marshmallow update with Nougat already out there.
    Security patches, naturally. No reason for BlackBerry to create 6.1 out of thin air.
    heading4tomorrow and xandros9 like this.
    01-02-17 10:01 AM
    Security patches, naturally. No reason for BlackBerry to create 6.1 out of thin air.
    I think we know BB isn't going to write an upgrade for Android.
    I just don't really consider security patches updates, though technically they are.
    01-02-17 10:47 AM
    I think we know BB isn't going to write an upgrade for Android.
    I just don't really consider security patches updates, though technically they are.
    Very rarely they mention bug fixes in monthly OS updates, usually if there's a Knowledge Base article attached to the issue beforehand.
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-02-17 10:59 AM
    Well they should fix the bluetooth asap.
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-02-17 11:04 AM
    Well they should fix the bluetooth asap.
    What's wrong with Bluetooth?
    01-02-17 03:18 PM
    Opps, sorry, edit to remove. Did not realize this was a Priv post.
    01-02-17 07:50 PM
    I don't know if ardakca has the same issue but Bluetooth music playback in the car is not quite broken but still poor. (stuttering in certain cases, I think I've seen mention of it here)
    01-02-17 08:58 PM

Before the latest update, my phone would pair with my car even if I turned bluetooth on somewhere else. But now I have to turn it off and turn it on again for syncing.

Stuttering started with one of my wireless speakers at work. My friend's iphone 7 and galaxy note 3 works flawlessly but when I connect via priv I get unbearable amount of stuttering. Just frustrating.
    01-02-17 10:09 PM
    Luckily no stuttering in my BT connection to my car.
    However I do notice that BT is wonky sometimes, it won't start paying automatically when I get into the car like it always did with Passport. I don't really mind, but I hate having to hit Play after choosing Bluetooth in my car. Funny because I used to complain about playback automatically starting even if I had no music apps open in my Passport (it was actually annoying) if the music app wasn't running.
    01-03-17 02:27 PM
    What version of Android is the Priv now using?
    01-03-17 03:52 PM
    What version of Android is the Priv now using?

And to answer my own question:
    BlackBerry begins rollout of January Android security update | CrackBerry.com

Looks great, hopefully N will be released soon. 6.0.1 gets bogged down randomly for no reason time to time. Other times it's very snappy.
    chuckiev79 and xandros9 like this.
    01-03-17 11:53 PM
    6.0.1 gets bogged down randomly for no reason time to time.
    There's a reason, it's just top secret, and no, nobody has told me why.
    My working theory is, the Russians hacked it.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-04-17 07:51 AM