I currently have the Classic and it works great with outlook and office 365 ( exchange) all my contacts in all the folders on my desktop are in sync and show up under contacts in the Classic. I have never used Android but on the Priv or any android modern phone do all the contacts in each folder from outlook desktop using exchange sync over to the Android contacts native folder on the phone?
    07-06-16 09:54 PM
    I used Outlook from the time it was released on various Android devices until just a few weeks ago. While I love most of Outlook there are some areas where the Hub is, in my opinion, just the better option.

If you love to manage your email from your mobile, not just triage incoming messages, Outlook excels. Some features such as scheduling, delete, etc are available actions from the Hub. I prefer Outlook's server folders support. That might be the only thing I prefer now that message rendering has improved in the Hub.

Contacts management is where Hub is the clear winner. Outlook for Android just displays what you have in the stock contacts app. You cannot edit, remove, or add contacts from the contacts view in Outlook, and if you make changes in the stock app those changes are not immediately synced to the Outlook view. It's extremely frustrating. If you don't mind lots of hopping between apps, copying and pasting, screaming, softly weeping into your phone, then just demanding physical business cards from new acquaintances, it's acceptable, but only barely.

The calendar management in the BlackBerry calendar app is pretty great. It looks like a mashup of Sunrise and the AOSP calendar app. It also integrates nicely with the Hub when you swipe down to show upcoming events. YOU CAN ALSO ACCEPT EVENT INVITATIONS <-- this is huge if you're like me and have friends who live and die by their Outlook calendars and insist on assaulting you with calendar invites for every kind of interaction you're ever going to have.

If you're using an Exchange/Outlook.com/o365/Hotmail/Live.com account with Hub you can sync with the BlackBerry Tasks app. I thought this was pretty silly until I synced my account. I love it.

One of the first things I disabled on my Priv was the Productivity tab, or whatever it's called. After I embraced the Hub I decided to give it another try, and I have to say it's pretty convenient. Once you get used to using swipe actions to activate things like Hub, Device Search, (or whatever you want), using the Productivity tab to quickly check-in with yourself is a nice feature. The tab is also a quick centralized view of all the above items.

I've not used the Hub with my Google Apps for Work account but I understand the features are similar to using it with a Microsoft account.

TL;DR

I was pretty down on the Hub until I actually gave it a real shot. If you want most of your information only contained in one (or three) place with so-so management capabilities then I'd say Outlook is for you. If you want deeper integration across the system then use the Hub.
    Priv works great with Outlook account and Microsoft Android app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-06-16 11:07 PM
    I used Outlook from the time it was released on various Android devices until just a few weeks ago. While I love most of Outlook there are some areas where the Hub is, in my opinion, just the better option.

If you love to manage your email from your mobile, not just triage incoming messages, Outlook excels. Some features such as scheduling, delete, etc are available actions from the Hub. I prefer Outlook's server folders support. That might be the only thing I prefer now that message rendering has improved in the Hub.

Contacts management is where Hub is the clear winner. Outlook for Android just displays what you have in the stock contacts app. You cannot edit, remove, or add contacts from the contacts view in Outlook, and if you make changes in the stock app those changes are not immediately synced to the Outlook view. It's extremely frustrating. If you don't mind lots of hopping between apps, copying and pasting, screaming, softly weeping into your phone, then just demanding physical business cards from new acquaintances, it's acceptable, but only barely.

The calendar management in the BlackBerry calendar app is pretty great. It looks like a mashup of Sunrise and the AOSP calendar app. It also integrates nicely with the Hub when you swipe down to show upcoming events. YOU CAN ALSO ACCEPT EVENT INVITATIONS <-- this is huge if you're like me and have friends who live and die by their Outlook calendars and insist on assaulting you with calendar invites for every kind of interaction you're ever going to have.

If you're using an Exchange/Outlook.com/o365/Hotmail/Live.com account with Hub you can sync with the BlackBerry Tasks app. I thought this was pretty silly until I synced my account. I love it.

One of the first things I disabled on my Priv was the Productivity tab, or whatever it's called. After I embraced the Hub I decided to give it another try, and I have to say it's pretty convenient. Once you get used to using swipe actions to activate things like Hub, Device Search, (or whatever you want), using the Productivity tab to quickly check-in with yourself is a nice feature. The tab is also a quick centralized view of all the above items.

I've not used the Hub with my Google Apps for Work account but I understand the features are similar to using it with a Microsoft account.

TL;DR

I was pretty down on the Hub until I actually gave it a real shot. If you want most of your information only contained in one (or three) place with so-so management capabilities then I'd say Outlook is for you. If you want deeper integration across the system then use the Hub.
    07-06-16 11:11 PM
    I currently have the Classic and it works great with outlook and office 365 ( exchange) all my contacts in all the folders on my desktop are in sync and show up under contacts in the Classic. I have never used Android but on the Priv or any android modern phone do all the contacts in each folder from outlook desktop using exchange sync over to the Android contacts native folder on the phone?
    I was the same as you, used Exchange on my Classic. It will work the same way as your current set up.

The only thing I've noticed though (if you fill in most of the fields in your contacts info), which is more of an android issue, is that the calendar starts at 1970, so any birthdays that would have been created before then do not exist in the calendar.

Other than that, I have not had any issues using my exchange account on my Priv.

BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 6.0.1
    Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-07-16 07:16 AM
    I think the only thing that bugs me with using an O365 account is that the stock calendar app doesn't seem to support free/busy when you are adding attendees from the same O365 system. It doesn't seem to have any FB support really. I expect this will come but I thought this would be something they'd want out of the gate. That I miss the most from BB10 right now.
    07-07-16 08:06 AM
    I really would like to have my work Office 365 email integrated in the Hub, but it is being blocked by IT as an unsupported app. As a matter of fact, they even block the official Outlook 365 Android client app. So I had to look at approved apps and have tried a few of them and finally settled on Nine. I wish it was integrated in the Hub, but as of now it is now. It does sync calendar and contacts and it does it well.
    07-08-16 12:33 PM
    I use office365 for class works the same and it's a bigger screen than the classic - don't know how I survived so long on a small screen

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-09-16 07:44 AM