I just ordered a BB Priv and I would like to know what kind of screen protectors and casings would go well with it? Any kind suggestions are appreciated!
    Last edited by Jack_Northern; 10-30-16 at 12:29 AM.
    10-29-16 01:16 PM
    I currently use an original BlackBerry smart case and a tempered glass protector. There are also cases that don't cover the screen, just something for the back and the sides of the device. For that, I also have a BlackBerry hardshell case in blue and I have a Seido hardshell in red. I personally prefer the smart case but I throw the phone in my purse and I like to have the screen protected from anything I might have in my purse that can damage it.
    Jack_Northern likes this.
    10-29-16 02:17 PM
    While I know you are happy with your order, I would hide some of your details shown in the attached picture.

I have a Stilgut Flip case and a screen protector.
    10-29-16 02:56 PM
    I think the official BlackBerry flip case is a great accessory for it. I use it when traveling to give my phone some extra protection. It's pretty stylish and doesn't add much bulk to the phone. The notification window is neat.
    10-29-16 09:07 PM
    While I know you are happy with your order, I would hide some of your details shown in the attached picture.

I have a Stilgut Flip case and a screen protector.
    I thought the picture was pixelated but it was messed up haha. Thanks for the heads up.
    10-30-16 12:18 AM
    I think the official BlackBerry flip case is a great accessory for it. I use it when traveling to give my phone some extra protection. It's pretty stylish and doesn't add much bulk to the phone. The notification window is neat.
    Just wondering, does the flip case allow the keypad withdrawal?
    10-30-16 12:21 AM
    Just wondering, does the flip case allow the keypad withdrawal?
    You mean opening the keyboard? Of course it does.
    Any essential accessories for BB Priv?-400x500_venice_black_flip1_eng_open.png

Black Leather Smart Flip Case | BlackBerry PRIV

The only slight issue with it is that it covers part of the camera lens when flipped so you should hold it open with your other hand to take pictures.
    Last edited by Mirko935; 10-30-16 at 04:30 AM.
    10-30-16 03:10 AM
    First things I purchased for my Priv 7 months ago were a $16 Sikai glass screen protector and $10 leather fold up leather case with built in pouch for credit cards and driver's license. Both are from Amazon. Best investments ever.

Any essential accessories for BB Priv?-sikai.jpg

Any essential accessories for BB Priv?-leather-case.jpg
    10-30-16 07:09 PM
    I got a wireless charger for mine, love the convenience.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-30-16 09:37 PM
    Which brand did you purchase? No heating issues on your Priv?

I purchased, but had to return the Samsung qi charger, the standard flat disc pad fast charger, but the Priv heated up like it was gonna get fried and after five hours, it was only about two thirds full. Didn't want to risk degrading the Priv battery with the discomfiting heat so I returned it.

Reviews I've read in this forum are not clear on the other qi chargers, whether or not these have heat issues on the phone as well.

I do remember reading feedback somewhere that the Turbot charger doesn't cause too much heat, but I'm still skeptical. I still use the corded charger that came in the box with the Priv and from almost empty, I've notice it takes at least a couple and a half hours to fully charge the phone.

If there's a qi charger that will not heat up the phone and can charge to full in around three hours, I'll get that in a heartbeat.
    10-30-16 10:28 PM
    I got some cheap insignia one from bestbuy for like $20, phone doesn't get any warmer than with a cord really, its the same output.
    10-30-16 11:29 PM
    He/she has to check if the model they purchased support wireless charging. Not all Priv's support it. Priv's from native Canadian carriers do not, I believe. US Priv's do support it. The Priv's sold by ShopBB (US shop, don't know about the Canadian shop) do support it.
    10-31-16 12:10 AM
    He/she has to check if the model they purchased support wireless charging. Not all Priv's support it. Priv's from native Canadian carriers do not, I believe. US Priv's do support it. The Priv's sold by ShopBB (US shop, don't know about the Canadian shop) do support it.
    While I'm not sure on particular models carried by the various US carriers, these models listen below do support wireless charging. And the Priv from Shopbb Canada or US is the same, unlocked variant, its the first one in the list and the one I have.

• PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-1 smartphone
    • PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-2 smartphone
    • PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-5 smartphone

Cheers
    FF22 likes this.
    10-31-16 09:30 PM
    While I'm not sure on particular models carried by the various US carriers, these models listen below do support wireless charging. And the Priv from Shopbb Canada or US is the same, unlocked variant, its the first one in the list and the one I have.

• PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-1 smartphone
    • PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-2 smartphone
    • PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-5 smartphone

Cheers
    Hmmm. What version do Canadian carriers sell to their customers since some (all) of them do NOT support wireless charging?
    10-31-16 09:43 PM
    Just bought the charging dock from CrackBerry while it was on sale and I like it. Also as others have said, the BlackBerry flip case is great.
    10-31-16 10:18 PM
    OEM pocket pouch!
    10-31-16 10:50 PM
    Hmmm. What version do Canadian carriers sell to their customers since some (all) of them do NOT support wireless charging?
    I think its -3, no more contracts for me though, can't lose my legit plan.

Unlocked outright purchases from now on!
    FF22 likes this.
    10-31-16 11:38 PM

� PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-1 smartphone
    � PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-2 smartphone
    � PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-5 smartphone

Cheers
    I just went to search through my phone for wireless charging settings but couldn't find anything. I could really use one of this for next to my bed. But I know many are having issues.
    11-01-16 12:32 AM
    I think its -3, no more contracts for me though, can't lose my legit plan.

Unlocked outright purchases from now on!
    Correct, we get the -3 (the Asia Pacific model) for some reason.

Anyway, the best Priv accessory I got is a QC 2.0 charger (the BlackBerry RC-1500).
    11-01-16 12:45 AM
    I just went to search through my phone for wireless charging settings but couldn't find anything. I could really use one of this for next to my bed. But I know many are having issues.
    What kind of setting are you looking for? The version of the Priv you have either has Wireless Charging or it does not have it. If it has it, drop it on a wireless charger and it starts charging. Now you can turn on/off the Edge Battery indicator which comes on when it is charging and there is sufficient ambient light to trigger it.
    11-01-16 08:27 AM