Priv is secure, but does it mean virus can never creep in? What antivirus app are you using and recommending? Thanks!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-25-15 06:32 PM
    I'm curious about this as well. There are so many anti virus apps in the market place it's hard to choose amongst them.

12-25-15 06:35 PM
    To be honest I don't think you need one i never used one and i come from *Android but if you still want one your pick is Avast
    12-25-15 06:39 PM
    Using AVG AV (had it on my Z30 ala Amazon free app offer before Underground kicked in), and Max Total Security (also had it on the Z30 but now have the Android version). Also have DTEK alerting me for all apps, but it doesn't check Google's apps.

12-25-15 06:40 PM
    Further to DTEK what apps does it covers all the other droid apps and not the Google only apps then?
    12-25-15 07:20 PM
    I think I will hold off for a while. I feel pretty comfortable with my device security. Thanks for the information.

12-25-15 07:43 PM
    My AT&T Priv comes loaded with Lookout. I disabled it (along with all the other AT&T bloatware), though I have had good experiences with Lookout in the past; it's not bad by any means. I just know I don't need antivirus on a smartphone. Come from a long line of Android phones and Blackberry phones, and I can handle myself.
    12-25-15 08:01 PM
    My AT&T Priv comes loaded with Lookout. I disabled it (along with all the other AT&T bloatware), though I have had good experiences with Lookout in the past; it's not bad by any means. I just know I don't need antivirus on a smartphone. Come from a long line of Android phones and Blackberry phones, and I can handle myself.
    Agreed, but I suspect a lot of folks here would be happy with the AV placebo.
    Jonneh likes this.
    12-25-15 10:00 PM
    You really don't need that on Android. You wouldn't get one on iOS, would you? Android isn't any less secure than iOS. The horror stories about viruses etc. you read sometimes have to do with people enabling 3Rd party app installation (circumventing Google play) and installing shady apps from Chinese and Russian sources 99.9% of the time.
    Jonneh likes this.
    12-26-15 12:09 AM
    You really don't need that on Android. You wouldn't get one on iOS, would you? Android isn't any less secure than iOS. The horror stories about viruses etc. you read sometimes have to do with people enabling 3Rd party app installation (circumventing Google play) and installing shady apps from Chinese and Russian sources 99.9% of the time.
    Well, that is not exactly true.
    Only a month ago Apple had to withdraw quite a few apps from their store (made in china) because they were stealing customer data. It was all over the news.
    12-26-15 06:06 AM
    Well, that is not exactly true.
    Only a month ago Apple had to withdraw quite a few apps from their store (made in china) because they were stealing customer data. It was all over the news.
    Perhaps, but no Antivirus solution would have prevented that. If you give an app the permission to access that data, that's it.
    fanisk likes this.
    12-26-15 10:27 AM
    I would not install any Antivirus on my phone. Antivirus companies always try to make you believe that you need to get one. If you stick and only download apps form trusted source then you will be just fine.

12-26-15 11:42 PM
    I don't know much about android so sorry if this a dumb question, but can you get a virus on an android device through websites like you would on a PC?

Thanks

Sent from my Passport
    12-27-15 12:53 AM
    I don't know much about android so sorry if this a dumb question, but can you get a virus on an android device through websites like you would on a PC?

Thanks

Sent from my Passport
    You could like "stagefright" original and v 2.0 showed, through simple video MMS or video on whatsapp/browser but mostly those lib vulnerabilities are fixed by google within android itself. That's why it's important that BB is on the monthly security release scheme of google android (and even beat the nexus devices in december) . Perhaps there are other vulnerabilities that a virusscanner could detect if they get exploited on your device but e.g. stagefright was fixed on PRIV on release date.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    12-27-15 02:55 AM