Just got answered by Android Authority. In summary, we do NOT get the beef'd up Priv that Americans get. Our 1 or 3 model is still the same model.

BlackBerry Priv: Wireless charging or not?

However, things are a little weirder in Canada right now. It’s the same basic setup in that you can either buy your phone through your carrier or through ShopBlackBerry.com, but Canadian carriers are only selling the non-wireless-charging STV100-3. You can try to get around this by ordering what is described as a model STV100-1 from BlackBerry, but whereas that model’s US description explicitly mentions wireless charging, Canadian visitors to the site will find this feature conspicuously absent. It’s still called an STV100-1, but the device you receive in the mail won’t have wireless charging either.

After some pressing, an unnamed BlackBerry representative eventually acknowledged that cost “was a major factor” in deciding to put a slightly nerfed version of the Priv on the Canadian market.

Why is this an issue? The reigning theory is that it has to do with the current disadvantageous exchange rate between USD and CAD. BlackBerry apparently decided that it was a better move to remove a feature from the Canadian version of the phone to make the device cheaper to produce instead of eating the profit loss or raising the cost of the device in Canada.

So enjoy your sweet, sweet wireless charging, US citizens. Not all BlackBerry owners are so Priv-ileged.

From my own opinion, wireless charging is not needed when you have quick charge. I've been using the charger 2.0v made for the Playbook (can order from Amazon for $15CAD shipped) and it can charge my phone from 15% to 70%+ in under 30 mins.
    D3C0D3R and lyricidal like this.
    11-09-15 08:10 PM
    FALSE! All STV100-1 from ShopBlackBerry (US & CAN) have wireless charging. I just got email confirmation from BlackBerry contact directly. ShopBlackBerry.ca website will be updated soon too, to include wireless charging in the specs.
    11-09-15 08:14 PM
    FALSE! All STV100-1 from ShopBlackBerry (US & CAN) have wireless charging. I just got email confirmation from BlackBerry contact directly. ShopBlackBerry.ca website will be updated soon too, to include wireless charging in the specs.
    Yep, this is the case. MobileSyrup was given the wrong info by a BlackBerry rep, but their PR got in touch and corrected them: Clearing up confusion about wireless charging on the BlackBerry Priv | MobileSyrup.com
    nward2010 likes this.
    11-09-15 08:17 PM
    Thank you very much!
    11-09-15 08:20 PM
    And just to be super picky, they said ShopBlackBerry. What about third party retailers like NCIX and Crackberry's STV100-1...

This is turning into comedy.
    11-09-15 09:07 PM
    why do you guys thing its $100 dollars cheaper at Bell, Telus & Rogers. I rather pay 100 less without wireless charging
    B_Rad BurnZ and Gajja like this.
    11-09-15 09:10 PM
    why do you guys thing its $100 dollars cheaper at Bell, Telus & Rogers. I rather pay 100 less without wireless charging
    Err... it's only $9 cheaper at Telus...
    11-09-15 09:11 PM
    I guess no one will know until they get an unit on hand and can physically test it. Lots of these top reviewers are saying No for an hour and back to Yes the next. I'm surprised why they can't test it themselves and prove it as they received the test unit straight from BlackBerry?
    11-09-15 09:12 PM
    It's carrier locked and carrier dependent on updates! No thanks, I'll take the ShopBlackBerry model.
    11-09-15 09:13 PM
    I guess no one will know until they get an unit on hand and can physically test it. Lots of these top reviewers are saying No for an hour and back to Yes the next. I'm surprised why they can't test it themselves and prove it as they received the test unit straight from BlackBerry?
    Thing is the Canadian carrier units (a.k.a. the APAC model) indeed don't have it. They would still come to the same conclusion.
    11-09-15 09:13 PM
    It's carrier locked and carrier dependent on updates! No thanks, I'll take the ShopBlackBerry model.
    Thats cuz you got John Chen VIP Deal 30% off
    nward2010 likes this.
    11-09-15 09:16 PM
    Straight from the recent interview with the President of BlackBerry, he mentioned all carriers will take action on these monthly updates. I'm sure the carriers will agree to it. Most of the time they're only few business days late or a week. There was one point where Rogers released the update before BlackBerry did. I think it was version 10.3.1 for the Passport.

You can unlock it for $20...
    11-09-15 09:16 PM
    Thing is the Canadian carrier units (a.k.a. the APAC model) indeed don't have it. They would still come to the same conclusion.
    I'm surprised no one have the Shop BlackBerry Canadian model to test and verify this conspiracy.
    11-09-15 09:18 PM
    I highly doubt there are two different stv100-1. Someone doesn't know what they are talking about that's for sure. I bet that rep thinks that the Canadian carriers are getting the stv100-1 and therefore...
    11-09-15 11:32 PM
    BlackBerry apparently decided that it was a better move to remove a feature from the Canadian version of the phone to make the device cheaper to produce instead of eating the profit loss or raising the cost of the device in Canada.
    cheaper? Its $900! give me a break for that kind of money it better have all the bells and whistles, this currency conversion is a bunch of political hogwash.
    11-09-15 11:38 PM
    From Rogers:

Answer to Wireless Charging Priv in Canadian Market-priv-wireless-charging.png
    11-10-15 05:04 AM
    From Rogers:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Priv Wireless charging.png 
Views:	280 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	379853
    CDN Carriers got the STV100-3, without wireless charging.

ShopBlackBerry has the STV100-1, WITH wireless charging!
    ezapper2 likes this.
    11-10-15 06:30 AM
    And just to be super picky, they said ShopBlackBerry. What about third party retailers like NCIX and Crackberry's STV100-1...

This is turning into comedy.
    The version at NCIX is the STV100-1

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 06:33 AM
    https://twitter.com/michaelclewley/s...08306155622400

Should have it, regardles the model, as stated in this tweet.
    11-10-15 06:45 AM
    The version at NCIX is the STV100-1

Posted via CB10
    Yes I was just picking at BlackBerry forgetting their other unlocked resellers.

PS: BlackBerry updated their order page to say CrackBerry is an official reseller.
    bluetroll likes this.
    11-10-15 06:46 AM
    So just to be clear, can anyone CONFIRM (100% sure) that orders from shopblackberry *Canada* will have wireless charging?

Has anyone in canada who's recieved thier device from shopblackberry confirm that it comes with wireless charging?
    11-14-15 02:27 PM
    So just to be clear, can anyone CONFIRM (100% sure) that orders from shopblackberry *Canada* will have wireless charging?

Has anyone in canada who's recieved thier device from shopblackberry confirm that it comes with wireless charging?
    YES! Been confirmed 100% long time ago. Read the forum, plenty of threads on this topic.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    11-14-15 02:31 PM
    Hi! Just got my Priv(U.K) Variant and it states in the manual
    About wireless charging:

Some service providers support wireless charging for your device. You can charge your device by setting it on a supported charging mat instead of connecting your device to a charger.
    You can use the following device models with Qi and Power Matters Alliance (PMA) wireless chargers:
    � PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-1 smartphone
    � PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-2 smartphone
    � PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-5 smartphone
    11-14-15 07:17 PM
    So what about STV100-1 units from Amazon? Is it safe to assume they support wireless charging as Amazon doesn't mention it on their product page?
    11-17-15 09:32 AM
    Digital River FINALLY updated the Canadian page to put it back.

ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV
    11-17-15 09:43 AM
27 12