Looks sweet. This would make me consider a passport and dials up my interest in the slider even more.
    good luck with that horrible camera
    08-24-15 01:05 AM
    good luck with that horrible camera
    Lol.. except for the front facing camera (on the original one), I think the Passport camera woes were mostly due to software.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 06:54 AM
    BTW, this theory isn't incompatible with the Hypervisor theory. In fact, all what I said may enhance how the Hypervisor works.

QNX Hypervisor

"More options for safe systems

The QNX Hypervisor gives customers another means of protecting critical applications, in addition to QNX Software Systems' existing safety-centric capabilities: the microkernel architecture, adaptive time partitioning technology, the High Availability Manager, a native Android runtime environment, and safety-certified OSs for industrial safety, medical and automotive."
    08-24-15 07:35 AM
    Theory dead.

Posted via CB10
    extisis and Mecca EL like this.
    08-24-15 07:39 AM
    My head hurts, because I don't looking into either jumping to another carrier to get a Passport, getting a z30 for Verizon or finally dumping BlackBerry and getting a Windows phone

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:59 PM
    Hypervisor... Hypervisor...

Hypervisor...

Hypervisor

Posted via CB10
    deptech and Mecca EL like this.
    08-24-15 03:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Please, can someone bring a picture of a duck quacking "Hypervisor"?

BTW, LOL.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-24-15 03:16 PM
    Lol.. except for the front facing camera (on the original one), I think the Passport camera woes were mostly due to software.

Posted via CB10
    no no, i meant that horrible camera on the andro-loaded PP. BB10's looks fine.
    08-25-15 12:06 AM
    no no, i meant that horrible camera on the andro-loaded PP. BB10's looks fine.
    How do you know it's horrible?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 06:46 AM
    How do you know it's horrible?

Posted via CB10
    i take it you didn't see it in the video. take a look.
    08-25-15 08:51 AM
    i take it you didn't see it in the video. take a look.
    There's nothing to see there. All he does is open it, focuses on the camera taking the video, then switches, shows the white table underneath. Not quite sure how anyone can gauge a camera's quality from that.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 09:33 AM
    There's nothing to see there. All he does is open it, focuses on the camera taking the video, then switches, shows the white table underneath. Not quite sure how anyone can gauge a camera's quality from that.

Posted via CB10
    First of all the app doesn't even take up the whole screen, looks grainy, etc etc. Get some glasses. Next.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 09:53 AM
    First of all the app doesn't even take up the whole screen, looks grainy, etc etc. Get some glasses. Next.

Posted via CB10
    Lol... give me a break. Did you not see him being able to adjust apps to fill up the wide screen (by swiping down from the top)? He just didn't do that for the camera app.

You can't judge what the image looks like from a video displayed on your screen, of an image captured by a camera, of an image captured by another camera and rendered on another screen.

Both the refresh rate and resolution disparities between the Passport camera, the Passport screen, the video camera, and your screen will result in both flickering (due to refresh rate differences) and moire artifacts (due to resolution differences between screens and sensors).

And that's not even taking into account compression artifacts introduced by both the video camera hardware and youtube.

So please... before you tell me to get some glasses, why don't you get a clue.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 11:45 AM
    Lol... give me a break. Did you not see him being able to adjust apps to fill up the wide screen (by swiping down from the top)? He just didn't do that for the camera app.

You can't judge what the image looks like from a video displayed on your screen, of an image captured by a camera, of an image captured by another camera and rendered on another screen.

Both the refresh rate and resolution disparities between the Passport camera, the Passport screen, the video camera, and your screen will result in both flickering (due to refresh rate differences) and moire artifacts (due to resolution differences between screens and sensors).

And that's not even taking into account compression artifacts introduced by both the video camera hardware and youtube.

So please... before you tell me to get some glasses, why don't you get a clue.

Posted via CB10
    didn't see the whole video... android bores me. i guess i just don't care much for android or its camera. doesn't impress me. go figure?
    08-25-15 08:42 PM
    Android isn't a boring system. It's just unsafe, if you don't *need* security is quite good, in fact.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    08-25-15 09:28 PM
    Alejandro Nova, true or not, your post has been one of the most interesting I've ever read on crackberry.

Thanks for that and I hope you're right!

Posted via CB10
    Alejandro Nova and Ealaionta like this.
    08-26-15 02:57 PM
    I agree with Big picture. This was a fun read, fact or fiction, believe it or not.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 03:01 PM
    08-26-15 03:07 PM
    Double post
    08-26-15 03:09 PM
    Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 07:08 PM
    OP. You made my day.
    Last edited by 3yE; 08-27-15 at 11:18 AM.
    08-27-15 05:54 AM
    Very interesting read. I don't know how either Os actually works so this was a nice thread to peruse. Hopefully BlackBerry will start commenting on what they are actually doing. Thanks everyone for all the input, information and speculation.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    08-27-15 04:38 PM
    Heard something interesting about this theory. Mark these words.

Interviewer: Asks about the BlackBerry Venice running Android.
    John Chen: Well, I read a leak... that supposedly I would be working on some kind of an Android phone. First of all, remember I mentioned QNX earlier, about the end of a microkernel technology actually came from Linux. A microkernel version of Linux, that's where the security comes in, and there was a lot of input about how you modularize that, and this is why we have the most secure Linux. Turns out Android came from the Linux source, open source. So, it's very easy for us to put together an Android runtime engine, and we did it on the BB10 you know. BB10, BlackBerry 10 actually came from QNX. You could see the foundation is the same, just happens we have the most secure version of that.

Also, we have something else that is not a leak, it's a fact: a MASSIVE upgrade to the BlackBerry 10 Android runtime (the latest 10.3.2 leak). So things are becoming even clearer. Here we have two strong signs pointing to a BlackBerry running a special version of Android powered by a QNX kernel.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    00stryder, Munx and ayngling like this.
    08-30-15 03:14 PM
    My heart can't take much more...

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 05:41 PM
    Heard something interesting about this theory. Mark these words.

Interviewer: Asks about the BlackBerry Venice running Android.
    John Chen: Well, I read a leak... that supposedly I would be working on some kind of an Android phone. First of all, remember I mentioned QNX earlier, about the end of a microkernel technology actually came from Linux. A microkernel version of Linux, that's where the security comes in, and there was a lot of input about how you modularize that, and this is why we have the most secure Linux. Turns out Android came from the Linux source, open source. So, it's very easy for us to put together an Android runtime engine, and we did it on the BB10 you know. BB10, BlackBerry 10 actually came from QNX. You could see the foundation is the same, just happens we have the most secure version of that.

Also, we have something else that is not a leak, it's a fact: a MASSIVE upgrade to the BlackBerry 10 Android runtime (the latest 10.3.2 leak). So things are becoming even clearer. Here we have two strong signs pointing to a BlackBerry running a special version of Android powered by a QNX kernel.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    I really can't imagine Google permitting Blackberry to have such an advantageous over itself (as the seller of stock Nexus devices) and the more popular OEMs. I would love it if you were right but my business sense is calling BS.
    08-30-15 06:14 PM
153 ... 23456 ...