I started noticing today a red blinking light, on the front of my priv, just on the left of the blackberry logo (so, not the notification led)
    I am guessing there must be a led on the pcb right besides the front camera or the light sensor, so i can see it blinking through the sensor's window?

I don't know what triggers the blinking. It's mostly in telegram, i get a short blinking at the app opening, and a constant blinking when i am in a telegram discussion. It does not seem to be related to network usage, or camera, i don't get it in others apps. Some short blinkings are seen in play store too.

This is on a azerty shopbb stv100-4 with june update. I don't know if the update triggered it, but i have no memory of seeing that blinking before.

Anyone seeing the same thing?
    06-10-17 05:48 PM
    It's a small, dim, red light that blinks very quickly?

That's the proximity sensor, I think.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-10-17 06:31 PM
    Ah, indeed it seems to stop blinking when i am too far or not in front of the screen. I guess telegram must have some gestures when in chat window then
    FF22 likes this.
    06-10-17 06:36 PM
    Yes correct Thurask it is the proximity sensor. I have telegram and have not had this issue? Check your telegram settings, good luck
    06-11-17 04:52 AM
    This only appears when i use the phone very near from my head, i'd say the trigger is when my eyes are about 20 cm or nearer from the screen. probably the calibrarted distance range for the proximity sensor to analyse gestures
    06-12-17 08:28 AM
    This only appears when i use the phone very near from my head, i'd say the trigger is when my eyes are about 20 cm or nearer from the screen. probably the calibrarted distance range for the proximity sensor to analyse gestures
    Settings > turn Raise to Speak off. With that on, if you put the phone to your head like a phone call and start talking, it records a voice message.
    bartoli likes this.
    06-12-17 08:31 AM
    Settings > turn Raise to Speak off. With that on, if you put the phone to your head like a phone call and start talking, it records a voice message.
    That did the trick thanks! Maybe it will also solve why sometimes telegram started recoring audio and i didn't understand why
    06-12-17 08:37 AM