OK, so it's now out there that ALL versions of Android are vulnerable to another "Stagefright" bug.

Every Android device is vulnerable to newly discovered bugs - CNET

So, of course there are the obvious questions to be answered by Chen and company - especially now that credibility has been sunk along side the Titanic ("an Android OS only if Blackberry can guarantee it's security") - isn't that what Chen said?

Lousy timing to be attacking Apple in ads and have this happen. Foot in mouth disease seems to be common place at Google's security division, and Chen is inheriting the problem by adopting Android.

Yes, of course, Google will attempt to make right - as long as it's in their best interest.

NOW can you release a Priv with the PRIVACY and SECURITY of BB10?!
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-01-15 10:06 PM
    OK, so it's now out there that ALL versions of Android are vulnerable to another "Stagefright" bug.

Every Android device is vulnerable to newly discovered bugs - CNET

So, of course there are the obvious questions to be answered by Chen and company - especially now that credibility has been sunk along side the Titanic ("an Android OS only if Blackberry can guarantee it's security") - isn't that what Chen said?

Lousy timing to be attacking Apple in ads and have this happen. Foot in mouth disease seems to be common place at Google's security division, and Chen is inheriting the problem by adopting Android.

Yes, of course, Google will attempt to make right - as long as it's in their best interest.

NOW can you release a Priv with the PRIVACY and SECURITY of BB10?!
    SHHHHHHH....who cares??? APPS!!!!

But seriously, what will make or break the Priv (other than initial sales) would be the rate of upgrades. And we know that it is not just the Android OEM but the carrier, so it would benefit RIM (I know they changes their name and all but I look at Blackberry as the OS. Guess it's the "first hopped on board in 2005" but I digress) to have quick releases, and those who purchase the phone to buy it carrier unlocked.
    10-01-15 10:16 PM
    OK, so it's now out there that ALL versions of Android are vulnerable to another "Stagefright" bug. ...
    That still leaves the question: Are all phones running Android vulnerable to it?
    10-01-15 10:34 PM
    The joys of Android.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    10-01-15 11:22 PM
    It will probably delay the release of the Priv.
    10-01-15 11:37 PM
    That still leaves the question: Are all phones running Android vulnerable to it?
    You answered your own question.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 01:16 AM
    Now we know why the DTEK icon is essential on your screen
    Your eyes will be glued to it.

Posted via CB10
    Jake2826 likes this.
    10-02-15 01:26 AM
    All the bragging about privacy and security with that ad but the proof is in the pudding.

Can BlackBerry really "secure" android?

I really hope someone does a thorough android vulnerability test on the Priv since there are like a million bugs and hacks and insecurities on android.

This is also the reason why I get really pissed off when some one asks "is blackberry more secure than ios or android without BES/out of the box and etc?"

Well never heard of problems like these on BBOS when it was THE most used OS on the planet NOR BlackBerry 10.

If the Priv is vulnerable to all the typical things android is, despite the grsecurity kernel, blackberry safeguard, DTEK and etc I'm not buying it.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 01:31 AM
    What stood out the most to me was that while discussing OS and security, not one comment mentioned BB10. BlackBerry is no where in the minds of the average consumers.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 01:34 AM
    Well, considering that there were also blackberry firmware updates to to fix stagefright in the android media player, i'd say even if Priv is vulnerable, it won't be any more vulnerable to than current BB10 phones
    10-02-15 01:38 AM
    Well, considering that there were also blackberry firmware updates to to fix stagefright in the android media player, i'd say even if Priv is vulnerable, it won't be any more vulnerable to than current BB10 phones
    http://bgr.com/2015/08/14/google-sta...bility-update/

Apparently stagefright is not so easily patched.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 02:10 AM
    It will probably delay the release of the Priv.
    Or rather.... Chairman Chen will use it as an excuse to delay... when in fact they weren't ready anyway, as usual.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 02:18 AM
    Google patches second round of Stagefright flaws in Android | PCWorld

New Android security problems, can BlackBerry Priv make Android security be than say a Samsung phone?
    10-06-15 07:06 AM
    The biggest Android security problem is the user himself like on every other device and OS.

Posted via CB10
    Omar Alsahli likes this.
    10-06-15 08:39 AM
    The biggest Android security problem is the user himself like on every other device and OS.

Posted via CB10
    How's that? That's like saying the woman who is raped caused it herself. The average person is not a tech, hence all the iPhones. There are millions of people working 24 hours a day trying to come up with ways to steal and scam. All the average person can do is hope that their OS and browser company gets updates to keep up with it. But we find out they are after our personal info too!
    10-06-15 08:45 AM
    How's that? That's like saying the woman who is raped caused it herself. The average person is not a tech, hence all the iPhones. There are millions of people working 24 hours a day trying to come up with ways to steal and scam. All the average person can do is hope that their OS and browser company gets updates to keep up with it. But we find out they are after our personal info too!
    Comparing it to rape.. Holy hell man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-06-15 08:47 AM
    Nothing to see here moving along.

On a relevant note, has there been any indication of how "Vanilla" the Android implementation will be on Priv? Or are they trying to do what blackphone already did?

Could BlackBerry afford to just buy blackphone?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 08:53 AM
    merged threads, seems Google has patched the vulnerability ....
    10-06-15 09:27 AM