I am on the fence of purchasing a PRIV or DTEK60 to give the Android OS a try. I currently use a Samsung tablet for the Android Apps I use and it seems there are constant updates to all apps on the device.

I was wondering if this is the same for Android phones? At times when using my tablet it gets very slow and when checking sure enough there are a ton of apps waiting to be updated.

I am asking this in the PRIV forum since it's the 1st Blackberry Android and was the main one I had my eyes on.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    10-29-16 10:30 AM
    By slow do you mean the performance or your network speed? If it's the speed then you can just turn auto-update off on every android device.
    10-29-16 10:32 AM
    App update is a good thing in my opinion.
    If you don't want to have to check everyday like some of us do, you can turn on the automatic update feature.
    I have ios, Samsung and Priv in my household. Priv are getting all the same android App update from google play like any other android device, but it is also getting the monthly security update on the OS...and that's not something the other android device are getting. The iOS device are just iOS device...they got App update from the App store and OS update from Apple.
    I would still pick the PRIV over any other android device...just becoz of the physical keyboard and the security update.
    The only complain I have with the PRIV is the lack of fingerprint sensor.
    For iOS, it is good if u are not technical and just want a phone that works like all iOS device do, without all the customization a power user can do on an android device.
    10-29-16 10:42 AM
    On the tablet the apps download and I choose when to install. I've had slow downs or app crashes when using and I check and see update waiting for it. I am OK with installing the updates it just seems they are constant. They don't seem as frequently with the apps I use on BB10.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    10-29-16 10:50 AM
    The apps download and you choose when to install? It doesn't work that way. Updates if set to automatic, install in the background. You don't have to do anything. If set to manual you have to click on download and then it downloads, once again installing the update in the background.
    10-29-16 10:53 AM
    I am on the fence of purchasing a PRIV or DTEK60 to give the Android OS a try. I currently use a Samsung tablet for the Android Apps I use and it seems there are constant updates to all apps on the device.

I was wondering if this is the same for Android phones? At times when using my tablet it gets very slow and when checking sure enough there are a ton of apps waiting to be updated.

I am asking this in the PRIV forum since it's the 1st Blackberry Android and was the main one I had my eyes on.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    There are different UPDATES. While I have a Verizon Priv that does not get regular Security or OS upgrades, it gets almost daily updates of some app or other. This morning there were eight (8) new app updates waiting. I have mine set for MANUAL updates, that way I can chose when to upgrade or even if I want to upgrade some apps. I get notices that upgrades are waiting or I can open the Google PlayStore app and chose "My apps" and run through the list and upgrade as I want.
    10-29-16 11:33 AM
    Just turn off automatic updates in the Play Store settings.
    10-29-16 11:35 AM