This is exactly what has annoyed me about Android - but too other ppl that's the customisable aspect that they enjoy.

I've always liked that BlackBerry phones are ready to go with every app I need for full productivity built in. And the idea of having to use a 3rd party mail client especially makes me shake my head. I actually really struggled with that on Windows phone before finally giving up and going back to my Z10.

My phone needs to do email, calendar, text, calls and reminders really well built in. There may be an app for that, but I shouldn't have to be beholden to a 3rd party client for those very basic utilities.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you need a 3:rd party email app?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    aspurrell likes this.
    11-09-15 05:02 AM
    Hey!, it's called a learning curve. If a person knew how to use everything perfectly and exactly as it was intended right out of the box, there would be no point. Same with keyboards. I was a Bold user for a few years, then went to Z10 then Leap and it took several weeks to get a real feel for a virtual keyboard. Can't imagine typing on a physical keyboard anymore. Having said that, I think I want to try out a Priv for a while other than the 20 min in the store I used it. I'm sure the learning curve will again come into effect. Way too many people talking bad about Priv....they were likely all BlackBerry users already. Anyone who was already an avid Droid user has fallen in love with the Priv. Too many uneducated, ignorant people giving their views. Those of us who understand a few things, just shake our heads.

Posted via CB10
    MACKSnare519 and Carbonman1 like this.
    11-09-15 05:55 AM
    Aside from having an overall "grade school" appearance - (colorful and remedial in its display) - it's just different than what most BB10 users are used to. BB10 has a business / no nonsense feel and ease. Anyone who gives it enough time will certainly adapt.
    11-09-15 06:02 AM
    I'm amazed at how uninformed so many people are about how Android works... Opinions are opinions. But when they're based on ignorance(not knowing), is where I have a problem. Learn the phone.

Little things like not realizing that clicking the paperclip icon on Gmail opens up pretty much any app that could possibly have attachments. Adding attachments? C'mon. Smh

Or nit-picking small things like menu button placements and not even realizing one doesn't even need to click the button at the top----just swipe from the left.

Or being so closed-minded to think that maybe a third-party app couldn't carry out a function much better than a feature that's "natively" built-in.

Seriously Android a bad and clunky OS? Lmao What is this 2010? Give yourselves a chance to learn it, just like you all had to get used to BB10.

Anyway, it's nice being back on CrackBerry...
    11-09-15 07:13 AM
    It would be wise for all to remember; some consumers adapt quicker than others. Not all of them are quick to search for videos on how to perform a particular function, or even take the time to 'play' with their device to learn it.

Sad, but true...
    11-09-15 07:37 AM
    Long time Android user here. You guys complaining know that BB10 OS is not very intuitive and quite counter-productive when it comes to my daily work-flow, right? Wait, what?

Exactly. Guys, most of you are long-time BB10 and BB Classic OS users. Switching to Android is not an overnight change. The beauty of Android is you guys can customize it and make it the OS you want it to be. Don't like the hub? Turn it off. Don't like the mail app? Install another one. Don't like the software keyboard? Install another one.

For some, these extra efforts may not be an activity you want to endure, but in over 6 years of using Android, I have made the OS work for me instead of being a slave to how the device / OS wants me to use it.

Yes, BB is new to Android. They've been working on the device for 18 months, but it is not yet perfect. And it'll take time. They need users like you to report the bugs and provide the feedback so that the experience can be refined. I know first-hand that BB is dedicated to pushing out timely updates and fixes to make sure this device succeeds in the field.

#foodforthought
    Only thing Android has ever given me is LAG!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:39 AM
    Exactly. Guys, most of you are long-time BB10 and BB Classic OS users. Switching to Android is not an overnight change. The beauty of Android is you guys can customize it and make it the OS you want it to be. Don't like the hub? Turn it off. Don't like the mail app? Install another one. Don't like the software keyboard? Install another one.
    So it's OK to "customize" Android, yet it's unreasonable to expect folks will use Snap to get apps onto BB10?

"Customizing" Android is just short for saying "it sucks out of the box so you need to waste hours sorting through launchers, file managers and keyboards to make it work sort-of OK".
    1Criz likes this.
    11-09-15 11:06 AM
    Little things like not realizing that clicking the paperclip icon on Gmail opens up pretty much any app that could possibly have attachments. Adding attachments? C'mon. Smh

Or nit-picking small things like menu button placements and not even realizing one doesn't even need to click the button at the top----just swipe from the left.
    The attachment thing - why is there over 100 posts of people struggling to get this to work properly? If Android is so simple, BlackBerry would have had this working months ago during testing, not waiting until after release to fix it.

As for the menu/swipe from the left - that's fine for that ONE menu button, but when you get everything up at the top, out of reach, it negatively impacts usability. Guess what - I like to use my phone while drinking coffee. Menus and other buttons at the bottom of the screen just make more sense.
    11-09-15 11:09 AM
    The attachment thing - why is there over 100 posts of people struggling to get this to work properly? If Android is so simple, BlackBerry would have had this working months ago during testing, not waiting until after release to fix it.

As for the menu/swipe from the left - that's fine for that ONE menu button, but when you get everything up at the top, out of reach, it negatively impacts usability. Guess what - I like to use my phone while drinking coffee. Menus and other buttons at the bottom of the screen just make more sense.
    On Gmail when you click the paperclip icon, two options should show up "Attach a file" and "insert from Drive". Select " Attach a file". From there you can choose any source that's on your device... That's on the Gmail app across the board.

The "hamburger" menu at the top never has to be clicked on, just swipe from the left.
    11-09-15 12:04 PM
    The other day, my mom's Lumia broke from the charging port, so I lent her my Z10. I turned it on and helped her add all her accounts and just setting it up I remembered how much I liked BB10's interface. Android is not complicated but it is different. All platforms have their learning curves, we just need to adapt.
    11-09-15 12:05 PM
    Why do you need a 3:rd party email app?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    On my Lumia 850 I had my work email - which I can't forward - and a Gmail acct. I forwarded the Gmail to Outlook because the basic mail app in Windows is very basic. I couldn't even flag an email on my work acct, much less set up a calendar appt.

When I asked about the lack of functionality over at Windows Central I was told to find an app. I tried one of the apps, but it had ads. The other was okay but a bit laggy. The rest didn't have a lot of reviews and I try to be a bit careful about what apps I put on my phone.

I just think that email in this day and age should be pretty robust out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 05:41 PM
86 ... 234