I've read that Android is too complicated in multiple posts tonight and I honestly don't understand how anyone can say this. I carried both a Passport Silver and a Samsung Galaxy Note for several weeks together and used them both equally. Except for the Hub, there wasn't anything that made the Samsung more difficult to use. You install apps, you open apps, you use apps. Doesn't get much easier than that.

Android is simple and flexible enough that it's used on consumer devices like refrigerators, e-readers, auto entertainment systems, watches, tv sets, etc. so I'm not getting what makes it so difficult for some to use on a phone.
    11-06-15 11:22 PM
    It is compared to iOS and bb10. But u get used to it

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    11-06-15 11:29 PM
    I don't see it as too complicated in use. But I will say when I first tried it after having used BlackBerrys, I felt there were a lot more settings that could be changed and that I needed to learn the ins and outs for. Especially apps themselves on Android tend to have a lot of options that can be customized.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 11:36 PM
    It's different.

Doesn't have the BB10's flow for sure, but user options & customising flexibility is way better than all other platforms.

 Q5 / Z30
    FreshlySqueezed and howarmat like this.
    11-06-15 11:42 PM
    I don't see it as too complicated in use. But I will say when I first tried it after having used BlackBerrys, I felt there were a lot more settings that could be changed and that I needed to learn the ins and outs for. Especially apps themselves on Android tend to have a lot of options that can be customized.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Agreed! I've helped setup my girlfriends Galaxy S4 and the options go on for days. I think it's more of a out of your comfort zone type thing. If we can use a smartphone then it really doesn't matter which os it is, we'll get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    11-06-15 11:43 PM
    Android and complicated??

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:48 PM
    It's not complicated, it's just different. After a month or so you won't even notice anything.
    11-06-15 11:57 PM
    I thought this at first but now getting used to it. BB10 is easier with everything being gesture based as are setting features. But the benefits over all like apps out way that
    I'm getting used to Android. Like I did to iPhone. I still think iPhone is the worst OS

posted from my Priv!
    11-06-15 11:58 PM
    I think a lot of us really mean it's inefficient and archaic when we say complicated (sorry for over generalizing lol).

Navigating bb10 is matter of learning 2-4 swiping motions, and all communications and notifications can always be found in the same, simple, brutally efficient, universally accessible,,, etc,,, hub.

Navigating android is a great deal more cumbersome and the way it handles communications is definitely more tedious and patch-work than BlackBerry 10.

However I still think android is a cool OS - the customization is sweet, great ecosystem, it's so open, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Tinomane, ssbtech and BerryRipe like this.
    11-07-15 12:36 AM
    People are expecting the Priv to be like their trusty BB10 devices. This is where the problem lies. Once they try to learn the OS after more than just 24 hours, most of them will stop complaining.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    11-07-15 12:42 AM
    I wouldn't say its complicated, just different than what we are used to. I've never used an android before but its not as bad as I thought, somethings aren't as efficient as BB10 but you get used to it. Been using mine all day now and getting more familiar and comfortable with both the phone and OS.
    11-07-15 12:51 AM
    It's certainly different. Having to undo almost three years of muscle memory and expectations is tough.
    mania626 and FF22 like this.
    11-07-15 01:44 AM
    somethings aren't as efficient as BB10 but you get used to it.
    Just as some things aren't as efficient on BB10 as they are on android but the thing is android is far more customizable so you could work around it. One thing I don't miss are animations in BB10 delaying inputs
    11-07-15 01:46 AM
    If my 67-year-old dad can handle stock Android (he loves his Nexus 5), anyone can.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-15 02:02 AM
    I think a lot of us are stuck in our ways! Of course moving to a new os is going to be 'complicated' till it becomes familiar.

We better get used to it, I don't think there will be many more, if any, new BB10 phones being released in the future.

Enjoy your Passports etc but your next phone is very likely to be an Android or Apple device.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 02:15 AM
    It's certainly different. Having to undo almost three years of muscle memory and expectations is tough.
    As a musician the concept of muscle memory is bogus. People confuse spatial memory with muscle memory.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by qwerty4ever; 11-10-15 at 02:06 AM.
    11-07-15 02:58 AM
    My Dad is 76 and has no problems with his Android phone (Xperia). For his upcoming birthday, I'm getting him a Priv!
    11-07-15 03:06 AM
    As a musician the concept of muscle memory is bogus. People confuse spatial memory with uncle memory.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    So which one makes me type like a monkey at a typewriter on the physical keyboard?
    11-07-15 03:07 AM
    Not complicated, just different.
    11-07-15 06:21 AM
    So which one makes me type like a monkey at a typewriter on the physical keyboard?
    Your genomic lineage? ;-) On a manual typewriter I used to type like a monkey yet churned out a page per minute.
    11-07-15 07:06 AM
    Long time Android user here. You guys complaining know that BB10 OS is not very intuitive and quite counter-productive when it comes to my daily work-flow, right? Wait, what?

Exactly. Guys, most of you are long-time BB10 and BB Classic OS users. Switching to Android is not an overnight change. The beauty of Android is you guys can customize it and make it the OS you want it to be. Don't like the hub? Turn it off. Don't like the mail app? Install another one. Don't like the software keyboard? Install another one.

For some, these extra efforts may not be an activity you want to endure, but in over 6 years of using Android, I have made the OS work for me instead of being a slave to how the device / OS wants me to use it.

Yes, BB is new to Android. They've been working on the device for 18 months, but it is not yet perfect. And it'll take time. They need users like you to report the bugs and provide the feedback so that the experience can be refined. I know first-hand that BB is dedicated to pushing out timely updates and fixes to make sure this device succeeds in the field.

#foodforthought
    bluetroll, howarmat, Xaiux and 3 others like this.
    11-07-15 07:11 AM
    It is compared to iOS and bb10. But u get used to it

Posted via CB10
    From what demos I've seen, iOS and BB10 seem logically laid out. BB10 especially so. Android seems like a jumbled mess to me.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    11-07-15 07:13 AM
    From what demos I've seen, iOS and BB10 seem logically laid out. BB10 especially so. Android seems like a jumbled mess to me.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully Blackberry refines the Prive in future updates.
    11-07-15 07:16 AM
    Android is simple in every way, ergo, it's popularity among those who are dazzled by millions of apps that light up and make noises.
    deadcowboy likes this.
    11-07-15 07:23 AM
    I've been using Android for years and just switched to BB10 a few months (Passport SE is my first and only BlackBerry so far). However I must say that BB10 user interface -- primarily System Settings -- is far more logical. Android is customizable, that's true, but the non-customizable part is a mess.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-07-15 07:30 AM
86 123 ...