Not even going to beat around the bush a full Android phone SUCKS! Sure many agree we INVESTED belief, time, dedication and money in Blackberry 10 whether from developer or standard user! Yes its great now we can enjoy the benefits of an abundance of Android Apps due to the Android runtime BUT we all chose BB10 for a reason!

NO not merely for the Hub! If I wanted a fully Android phone I could not bought a Samsung over two years ago instead of a Z10!!

To a degree we have kept BlackBerry going so again I say If the Slider is confirmed as fully Android even with all the bells and whistles of BlackBerry security not only does it SUCK but when my Z10 dies I will be replacing it with an Iphone... oh yes their devices may be super expensive, semi high spec compared to samsungs, fully uncustomisable (without rooting) at least they stay true to their OS n customer base!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 11:47 PM
    Holy hell kid. I hope this isn't a representation of your average blackberry user right here...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-06-15 12:07 AM
    Holy hell kid. I hope this isn't a representation of your average blackberry user right here...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    And why not? I buy BlackBerry not a piece of BlackBerry e.g. the Hub! I've had a BlackBerry for years and even got a Z10 ( which may I add still love) over the other brands when according the most "BlackBerry were dead "!

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    09-06-15 12:11 AM
    Tools not Toys! "We"

Posted via CB10
    kingrizz and David Tyler like this.
    09-06-15 12:17 AM
    Not even going to beat around the bush a full Android phone SUCKS! Sure many agree we INVESTED belief, time, dedication and money in Blackberry 10 whether from developer or standard user! Yes its great now we can enjoy the benefits of an abundance of Android Apps due to the Android runtime BUT we all chose BB10 for a reason!

NO not merely for the Hub! If I wanted a fully Android phone I could not bought a Samsung over two years ago instead of a Z10!!

To a degree we have kept BlackBerry going so again I say If the Slider is confirmed as fully Android even with all the bells and whistles of BlackBerry security not only does it SUCK but when my Z10 dies I will be replacing it with an Iphone... oh yes their devices may be super expensive, semi high spec compared to samsungs, fully uncustomisable (without rooting) at least they stay true to their OS n customer base!!!
    Corporations exist to make money. If Apple thought Windows 1.0 could make more money long term, they'd go that route.

Apple stays true to its investors. As it should, BTW.

That's how it works. Don't get emotionally invested, and enjoy what you have for what it does now.
    09-06-15 12:18 AM
    Understand obviously however my opinion still stays the same, for BlackBerry to "quit" on their OS if true through the Slider both them and the Slider SUCKS!!

Emotional involvement cannot be helped as pretty sure emotions are also a reason many of us are still with BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-06-15 12:29 AM
    Understand obviously however my opinion still stays the same, for BlackBerry to "quit" on their OS if true through the Slider both them and the Slider SUCKS!!

Emotional involvement cannot be helped as pretty sure emotions are also a reason many of us are still with BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    I feel your pain but nothing you say is going to change anything.
    The reality is that BlackBerry must do what is necessary to keep the company profitable. If abandoning BB10 is one of the ways they think can take the company forward, there is no changing that. The investors will hopefully for once have something to smile about if the Android slider delivers the goods.

The BlackBerry you refer to is dead. Some will argue is has been dead/dying for a few years already. The BlackBerry name will continue and they may very well only be a software company going forward. At best this move to Android may be a last ditch attempt to make some money from the handset business that has been a disaster for several years. I have enjoyed BB10 while it lasted and Android is not even an option for me, so it's time to move on. In the end it's only a phone and you have to weigh your options on what works best for you when choosing your next phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:55 AM
    And why not? I buy BlackBerry not a piece of BlackBerry e.g. the Hub! I've had a BlackBerry for years and even got a Z10 ( which may I add still love) over the other brands when according the most "BlackBerry were dead "!

Posted via CB10
    Grow up... Blackberry is making ONE Android device. There are still other BB10 phones for you to buy.
    09-06-15 12:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's a damn phone... get a grip on yourself.
    09-06-15 12:57 AM
    Android SUCKS naturally... No matters what phone comes with it
    lift, extisis, limabo and 3 others like this.
    09-06-15 01:18 AM
    Android SUCKS naturally... No matters what phone comes with it
    lol havent had the best experiences myself.lol
    09-06-15 03:59 AM
    What the ..... are you talking about. BlackBerry will never have a Android kernel OS platform because all security is gone. They just like ever EMM,MDM vendor,provider etc.

BlackBerry is working on a save Android solution with there own QNX kernel and the use of APK files ,so that you have full apps permission and you can run all the Android apps you wanted minus the google apps.

But they can launch android mobile's with qwerty under a name , like say BlueBerry or GreenBerry. Just everyone know the difference.
    GreenBerry for Android (Social media and Play) BlackBerry (Social media, Play and more Privacy)

Still I like to see a full touch device because the market is bigger and you can get a better battery inside, then the slide or just make the slide part adjustable to chance it with a battery pack so you have a full screen touchdevice without keyboard. I also like the speakers on top and bottum.
    I hope if it will become a full touch the call it the CURVE and with A slider just SLIDER
    09-06-15 05:02 AM
    You should see it that the strategy behind releasing android phone is to up the hardware sales. Clearly, we don�t know yet what's the future of BB10 nor will they go full android since BlackBerry is not dismissing anything at the moment.

However it is the company's decision if they would go full android in the future if the sales dictates so. We can only vent so much of loosing BB10, but BlackBerry couldn't care less of their customers since it's their boat that they are trying to save.

I'm done already from mourning on BB10. And it's time to move forward to some place / platform where I can get better OS & hardware support rather on hoping for something that neighborhood the company can't clarify.
    09-06-15 05:57 AM
    Why buy BB10 in the first place? Half assed vampire ecosystem and brick like underspeced devices.

Did anyone think that was going to be a longterm solution?

I get that many of you dont like Android. That's fine. I personally don't understand the runtime thing. I don't like Iphones, too limited. I surely wouldn't buy some other os that relies on IOS apps. I love Linux systems on PC but would never buy a linux PC knowing that I will be dependent on wine and other buggy workarounds.

Who thought that BB10 was going to thrive reliant on Android apps? Now people are upset? They must have actually thought BlackBerry was going to succeed leaching off google with a runtime?

Heres a thought. BlackBerry should focus on its own os or abandon it. The Venice and Good acquisition seem to indicate that they have made their choice.

!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-06-15 06:18 AM
    If you're so personal about it, you should stage a protest outside the BlackBerry headquarters in Waterloo. Ranting on a forum won't get you anywhere..
    09-06-15 08:10 AM
    Gather the angry pantless mob!
    09-06-15 08:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business.

Blackberry does not owe you anything. It doesn't owe you a particular device design, OS or ecosystem. The company owes it to their shareholders to be the most profitable entity it can.
    Last edited by JohnGrey; 09-08-15 at 10:50 AM.
    Irish Blues likes this.
    09-06-15 08:36 AM
    So many emotions, I can't believe it... did BlackBerry stay true to BBOS customers after releasing BB10? Isn't BB10 a completely new OS? If BlackBerry would announce to build a different OS again (let's name it BB2016) based on Tizen would you then still be upset?

Why do you take Blackberrys right to try it with a different OS that has the highest market share?

Why is BlackBerry not permitted to be the one and only Smartphone manufacturer with Keyboard phones that run Android and sell their services and apps in the Play Store? BlackBerry would fill this niche perfectly.

Technology is all about improvement and change, if you call yourself tech geeks then damn go with the times and stop whining.

PS.: Sticking to keyboard devices is not old school in any way. It's an input method for users who want to write a lot. You could compare it with Tablets and Notebooks.

Or even better: Touch only devices are mostly for consuming and keyboard devices are for creating content.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ulferini Schusterotti; 09-06-15 at 09:39 AM.
    Kurdis Blough and Irish Blues like this.
    09-06-15 09:18 AM
    I thought the rumors were that there was going to be a BB10 version as well as an android version? I am of the belief that BlackBerry needs to do something to keep the company rolling. BB10 OS isn't pulling people from other platforms, keyboard or touchscreen.

I'm looking forward to using the android version if it comes to fruition, I miss a few apps I used to have when my company didn't support BlackBerry and excited to have them back.

If you are so true to BlackBerry you wouldn't hate on them for evolving and doing something that a lot of people are excited about. I see a bright future for BlackBerry teaming up with a "BlackBerried" version on android.

Enjoy your iphone.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 09:49 AM
    If you're so personal about it, you should stage a protest outside the BlackBerry headquarters in Waterloo. Ranting on a forum won't get you anywhere..
    Would live to stage a protest but unless I'm mistaken a forum is a place for discussion, right?

You call it a rant I was just voicing my opinion

Posted via CB10
    lift and extisis like this.
    09-06-15 10:02 AM
    I didn't choose BB10 for a reason. I chose BlackBerry for the physical keyboard. Pls don't speak for all of us.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 10:14 AM
    Wow I really don't understand what's the problem with an Android BlackBerry it's got the Hub that you want and the apps that everybody has been wanting for years I don't get the whole Rant about Slider sucking based on rumour Not first hand experience

I used a Z10 and upgraded to a passport silver edition and I say bring on the slider let's not judge before its even been announced

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 10:52 AM
    Wow I really don't understand what's the problem with an Android BlackBerry it's got the Hub that you want and the apps that everybody has been wanting for years I don't get the whole Rant about Slider sucking based on rumour Not first hand experience

I used a Z10 and upgraded to a passport silver edition and I say bring on the slider let's not judge before its even been announced

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. I don't get this animosity towards Android Slider. If BlackBerry 10 had sold in millions, the company would have continued with that. But it didn't. So, they've to pivot and try something else or die off as a company.

I rather have them survive to fight another day. If Android makes them money, they can always resurrect BB10, invest more in R&D etc. But for now, the choice is either die or pivot.

And it's not like they are completely ditching BlackBerry's most attractive features that make BB a BB -- Hub, physical keyboard, flow etc. They are trying to bring as many elements of BB as possible.

I'll buy Android Slider as soon as it's released in White color.
    09-06-15 11:07 AM
    To the OP... pretty simple business principal at play.,,, it is called innovation.... in any business if you do not innovate you die... which is what killed BB.... adding an Android device is an innovation to the company's business model.. innovation is not just creating "something new" but also innovating in your business practices... this is one of the issues facing Apple ... they have come out with basically the same products for the last 4 years and people are starting to notice... soon it will be .. why should I upgrade to what is basically the same product... at least going with an Android slider they create buzz and more importantly.. may give them a shot at staying in the hardware business.. do remember that innovation could be no hardware for Blackberry... in which case the OP whole post is moot... as much as everyone is entitled to their opinion... what I have notices is many are not well informed... the number of juvenile attacks on other platforms is getting rediculous... wonder if the OP every actually used a high end Android for any length of time... My wife owns one.. LG 3G... absolutely great phone.... no lag... runs great.. removable battery etc... so what sucks on it... time for the OP to move on to Apple where all your choices are made for you.. by the way.. I own 2 BB devices... 2 Android devices and 2 Apple devices which I use all the time.. so for me at least... my opinion comes from using my devices over the long term.. not a simple rant...
    09-06-15 11:31 AM
    Would live to stage a protest but unless I'm mistaken a forum is a place for discussion, right?

You call it a rant I was just voicing my opinion

Posted via CB10
    A discussion is good only when it's constructive. The phone is already happening, ranting how you don't like it isn't going to do anything. You're more than welcome to vote with your wallet and take your money elsewhere.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    09-06-15 11:46 AM
124 123 ...