Because kingrizz, it is not out yet for any of us to try.....
    Sorry i couldn't resist making this thread in response to kingrizz's one !!

Look I was there when the commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, etc etc - OH and WebOS died.
    Its the right move to use android (hey we dont even know if its true).....Ive only used BB10 for a month or so as I moved form iOS due to the keyboard and battery life (cant charge my phone at work) and Im loving it.

If you take a leaf out of webOS's book - people didnt stay for the awesome hardware or the OS (which was great) - its the apps that matter to most people. Android has them while Blackberry does not.

Im my case, I use my Q10 for messaging and email - its great for that and during work i'm not distracted by games etc. Thats my purpose for buying one. But as I sit here in Japan, I've only seen 2 blackberries being used (pre BB10)- everyone has an iphone or android. Its the apps that are important .
    Sequester#WN and ayngling like this.
    09-06-15 10:32 AM
    Great slogan for the marketing campaign!
    andre3030 and ayngling like this.
    09-06-15 10:35 AM
    One thing I do admit - is that blackberry needs to release that thing right now !
    Just release it or is this the longest pre release build up ever ??
    09-06-15 10:38 AM
    WebOS still lives.. In my heart.. Oh and on LG TVs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    lactose likes this.
    09-06-15 01:14 PM

I'm still waiting (maybe forever!) for LG to make a WebOs phone a la Samsung's Tizen. That would be my phone in 2 years time if BB and BB10 are gone. My Passport will last til then, easy.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-06-15 01:44 PM
    One thing I do admit - is that blackberry needs to release that thing right now !
    Just release it or is this the longest pre release build up ever ??
    No it's not, I remember when Nokia announced the N900 in august 2009 and shipped it in december... they even pushed the shipping date 3 times ^^

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 05:07 PM
    If this does come to fruition, I hope Ubuntu finally makes the phone that they were trying to build. I'd buy that phone in a heartbeat.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    09-09-15 06:39 PM
    No, it does not suck for the OS.

It doesn't suck for its virtual keyboard. It doesn't suck for its physical keyboard. It sucks for having both.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 08:03 PM
    Meh I have mixed feelings. Why I love bb10 so much is because you can play youtube while doing other stuff where as on android and every other device you either need some $10 subscription or you can't do it. Small feature but that feature makes android suck for me
    09-09-15 09:56 PM

Web os and Tizen are the future
    09-09-15 09:57 PM
    Meh I have mixed feelings. Why I love bb10 so much is because you can play youtube while doing other stuff where as on android and every other device you either need some $10 subscription or you can't do it. Small feature but that feature makes android suck for me
    You keep saying this but there's an app that allows you to watch YouTube videos and do other things. It's called viral lite and it's free and works great. Here are some screen shots. The Android Slider DOES NOT Suck !!-uploadfromtaptalk1441857589824.jpgThe Android Slider DOES NOT Suck !!-uploadfromtaptalk1441857607868.jpg

09-09-15 11:00 PM
    Because kingrizz, it is not out yet for any of us to try.....
    Sorry i couldn't resist making this thread in response to kingrizz's one !!

Look I was there when the commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, etc etc - OH and WebOS died.
    Its the right move to use android (hey we dont even know if its true).....Ive only used BB10 for a month or so as I moved form iOS due to the keyboard and battery life (cant charge my phone at work) and Im loving it.

If you take a leaf out of webOS's book - people didnt stay for the awesome hardware or the OS (which was great) - its the apps that matter to most people. Android has them while Blackberry does not.

Im my case, I use my Q10 for messaging and email - its great for that and during work i'm not distracted by games etc. Thats my purpose for buying one. But as I sit here in Japan, I've only seen 2 blackberries being used (pre BB10)- everyone has an iphone or android. Its the apps that are important .
    I agree. Apps are attracted users. I was Android users, found many apps that I like. I don't concern for most secure, so far I used Android, no problem in security.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 11:13 PM
    You keep saying this but there's an app that allows you to watch YouTube videos and do other things. It's called viral lite and it's free and works great. Here are some screen shots. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1441857589824.jpg 
Views:	1440 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	370671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1441857607868.jpg 
Views:	1441 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	370672

I want to use the Web browser not an app, I don't want to have to switch between an app and the browser just to play some songs
    09-10-15 12:20 AM
    I want to use the Web browser not an app, I don't want to have to switch between an app and the browser just to play some songs
    First world problems right there.

Anyway, there are apps out there on Android that will let you play videos or YouTube songs in the background. There are also apps that allow you to download a YouTube video or even download it as a music file. Just sayin, android is capable of a lot.

09-10-15 12:32 AM
    First world problems right there.

Anyway, there are apps out there on Android that will let you play videos or YouTube songs in the background. There are also apps that allow you to download a YouTube video or even download it as a music file. Just sayin, android is capable of a lot.

Huge difference between an app and a native feature. This is only a small reason why BB10 is superior to Android as an OS.
    09-10-15 12:52 AM
    Huge difference between an app and a native feature. This is only a small reason why BB10 is superior to Android as an OS.
    So let me get this straight, android is capable of so many features but just because it lacks this one feature that bb10 has, by default bb10 is the superior OS? That's funny.

Oh and you can download Firefox on Android and you're able to play YouTube videos in the background. That's the beauty of Android, don't like the stock browser? Download a different one, don't like the stock music or video player? Download something that works for you. That's the beauty of Android.

Just sayin

09-10-15 12:58 AM
    Another two big features of BB10 that no other os have are:
    1. Native support for dropbox, box and onedrive. You see in the native file manager the whole list of the files that you have in the cloud. Suppose you have 1 tb on onedrive, you can open and save files on it without actually save all of them on the device. Important files or folders can be marked for offline use.
    2. Native smb server. You see the device as a computer on your network, and you can add/edit files wirelessly

Posted via Z10
    09-10-15 01:06 AM
    Another two big features of BB10 that no other os have are:
    1. Native support for dropbox, box and onedrive. You see in the native file manager the whole list of the files that you have in the cloud. Suppose you have 1 tb on onedrive, you can open and save files on it without actually save all of them on the device. Important files or folders can be marked for offline use.
    2. Native smb server. You see the device as a computer on your network, and you can add/edit files wirelessly

Posted via Z10
    I think Google Drive has a similar feature like drop box.

As with number 2, I know there's an app called air Droid that allows you to pair your phone to any computer via WiFi and transfer files back and forth.

I'm not trying to get into an android/blackberry debate on a blackberry forum, I'm sure both operating systems have their plus and minuses.

09-10-15 01:13 AM
    Airdroid??
    I'm talking native networking support!
    You see BB10 on a pc network as it was a windows computer. You can select, for example 3000 files at a time and copy 50 gb at a time, not like Airdroid "manage from a Web browser and copy one file at a time"
    It's much easier and advanced, don't need to install anything, just go to network drives on Windows, osx or Linux and you can see it.
    The same for google drive, on android it doesn't show seamlessly in every single app, but you have to invoke the app
    09-10-15 01:20 AM
    Airdroid??
    I'm talking native networking support!
    You see BB10 on a pc network as it was a windows computer. You can select, for example 3000 files at a time and copy 50 gb at a time, not like Airdroid "manage from a Web browser and copy one file at a time"
    It's much easier and advanced, don't need to install anything, just go to network drives on Windows, osx or Linux and you can see it.
    The same for google drive, on android it doesn't show seamlessly in every single app, but you have to invoke the app
    Ah okay, I get it what you're saying.

Hazo likes this.
    09-10-15 07:38 AM

Please stop advertising your Samsung device. Samsung has the WORST Android customization and theming. It's Samsungs phones that are responsible for people think Android is ugly, laggy and bloated!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 10:05 AM
    Great slogan for the marketing campaign!
    No apps. No distraction. Pure productivity. BlackBerry 10.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    nick903 likes this.
    09-10-15 10:14 AM
    Please stop advertising your Samsung device. Samsung has the WORST Android customization and theming. It's Samsungs phones that are responsible for people think Android is ugly, laggy and bloated!

Posted via CB10
    Not advertising my Samsung, just showing what android is capable of.

09-10-15 10:35 AM
    You're right that most people want apps. An Android phone might sell better because of this. But since you're on CrackBerry, there are fewer people who desire the same applications that others need.

Like others here, I don't like the idea of an Android slider. Will more people who want Snapchat and buy it? Maybe. As a hardcore BB10 fan, will I buy it? Probably not. But like you said, I'll have to wait and formulate a final opinion when it is released.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    09-10-15 11:05 AM
    If it's plain Google Android then I agree it sucks.

QNX kernel android with privacy and security features I'm all in.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 02:54 PM
29 12