08-17-15 12:37 AM
    Wonder if the slider would have wireless charging built-in or not. Judging by the edge screen I'm pretty certain that there is a hardware cooperation with Samsung. So why not have their wireless charging technologies built-in too? Seems way more beneficial than the edge screen

Celebrating 70th birthday of ROK � 위대한 여정 새로운 도약
    08-17-15 12:55 AM
    Link please

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-17-15 12:56 AM
    It's cached in Google so I don't know how long it'll last, henced the reason why I took a screenshot instead.

Link anyway.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-17-15 01:02 AM
    Link broken. What happened to your posted pics? Not showing in CB app

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    08-17-15 01:05 AM
    Nevermind post deleted by reddit user

08-17-15 01:06 AM
    It's cached in Google so I don't know how long it'll last, henced the reason why I took a screenshot instead.

Link anyway.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Posted via CB10
    Link is broken, pic doesn't show in the browser nor the CB10 app says it is some wrong attachment or something... perhaps a repost...?

Celebrating 70th birthday of ROK � 위대한 여정 새로운 도약
    08-17-15 01:07 AM
    Nevermind post deleted by reddit user

Did you save it Usman?

08-17-15 01:07 AM
    08-17-15 01:24 AM
    From Reddit.

[Rumor/Unverified]Slider Hands On (self.blackberry)
    submitted an hour ago by BerryThrowaway1
    This morning I got to spend around an hour using the BlackBerry Slider.
    I won't comment on how I saw it for obvious reasons.
    I was told that what I saw was final hardware. The software is feature complete but not final. The device is scheduled to be announced at IFA in Berlin and released later than that pending carrier approval and regulatory certifications. I believe that IFA is in early September.
    The hardware is very nice. The construction seems to take design cues from the Passport Silver Edition. The front-facing speaker ports are like the ones found on the new Passport. I was told that the SE was made to test how certain Slider components would be manufactured by Blackberry's partners. BlackBerry is not leaving anything to chance.
    The slider is a little bit lighter than a Passport - I compared holding one in each hand. The slider mechanism feels sturdy. It doesn't have any side to side flex like the old Torch did. BlackBerry spent a lot of time engineering the slide mechanism. When closed, it feels tight like a slab phone. It takes a little bit of force to open the screen by pushing on the lip where the screen meets the body of the phone by the speakers. The same for closing the screen. The battery was said to be around 3,000 miliamps. It is not user replaceable. There is an SD card slot and a Sim card slot that looks a lot like what is found on Passport, just not in the same location.
    The physical keyboard is like a standard Classic or Bold Keyboard. When the keyboard is opened, the device gets really long. It is not unbalanced though. The keyboard is farther up from the bottom of the device than it is on Passport so easier to type on from what I can tell.
    When closed, there is a physical keyboard that is much like the physical keyboard on the Z30.
    The 5.5" screen is definitely Amoled. The black levels make that clear. It is a gorgeous screen and the curves are better done than on the Galaxy devices, IMO. It feels better in your hand.
    Yes. It runs Android. BlackBerry wants it to feel like Android by using Material Design framework. So the hub looks like Android. Just like BBM on Android looks like Android and not BB10. There seemed to be a deep BlackBerry integration meaning that messaging had many BB10 features. I saw that you can change led colors and vibrations by contact. Android style notifications are still there when you swipe down from the top of the screen.
    BB10 gestures are not present. To get to the hub you need to swipe all the way to the left. I was told that there is another way based on edge notifications on the curved part of the screen.
    Google Play was there. It will apparently release with Lollipop but be upgraded to Android M but this might change. It might release with Android M. Google plans to make a big deal of this phone as part of the Android M launch which focuses on Android at Work.
    I was not allowed to take any pictures.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 01:24 AM
    Love your work guys!

08-17-15 01:51 AM
    From Reddit.

I was told that what I saw was final hardware. The software is feature complete but not final. The device is scheduled to be announced at IFA in Berlin and released later than that pending carrier approval and regulatory certifications. I believe that IFA is in early September.
    The hardware is very nice. The construction seems to take design cues from the Passport Silver Edition. The front-facing speaker ports are like the ones found on the new Passport. I was told that the SE was made to test how certain Slider components would be manufactured by Blackberry's partners. BlackBerry is not leaving anything to chance.
    The slider is a little bit lighter than a Passport - I compared holding one in each hand. The slider mechanism feels sturdy. It doesn't have any side to side flex like the old Torch did. BlackBerry spent a lot of time engineering the slide mechanism. When closed, it feels tight like a slab phone. It takes a little bit of force to open the screen by pushing on the lip where the screen meets the body of the phone by the speakers. The same for closing the screen. The battery was said to be around 3,000 miliamps. It is not user replaceable. There is an SD card slot and a Sim card slot that looks a lot like what is found on Passport, just not in the same location.
    The physical keyboard is like a standard Classic or Bold Keyboard. When the keyboard is opened, the device gets really long. It is not unbalanced though. The keyboard is farther up from the bottom of the device than it is on Passport so easier to type on from what I can tell.
    When closed, there is a physical keyboard that is much like the physical keyboard on the Z30.
    The 5.5" screen is definitely Amoled. The black levels make that clear. It is a gorgeous screen and the curves are better done than on the Galaxy devices, IMO. It feels better in your hand.
    Yes. It runs Android. BlackBerry wants it to feel like Android by using Material Design framework. So the hub looks like Android. Just like BBM on Android looks like Android and not BB10. There seemed to be a deep BlackBerry integration meaning that messaging had many BB10 features. I saw that you can change led colors and vibrations by contact. Android style notifications are still there when you swipe down from the top of the screen.
    BB10 gestures are not present. To get to the hub you need to swipe all the way to the left. I was told that there is another way based on edge notifications on the curved part of the screen.
    Google Play was there. It will apparently release with Lollipop but be upgraded to Android M but this might change. It might release with Android M. Google plans to make a big deal of this phone as part of the Android M launch which focuses on Android at Work.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much consistent to my experience. Except gestures seemed to work for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 02:04 AM
    Pretty much consistent to my experience. Except gestures seemed to work for me.

Posted via CB10
    That a killer feature, I hope there will be gesture

00stryder and dararede like this.
    08-17-15 02:06 AM
    I won't be surprised if they *release* both.

Which brings up an interesting question. If you could buy either, and not flash them to run the other OS, which would you?

Posted via CB10
    BB10 with Google Play Services.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10  
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-17-15 02:40 AM
    From Reddit.
    [Rumor/Unverified]The device is scheduled to be announced at IFA in Berlin and released later than that pending carrier approval and regulatory certifications. I believe that IFA is in early September.
    Blackberry is not in IFA exhibitors list for now
    08-17-15 02:47 AM
    I'm really seeing forward to this. I'm at the BlackBerry Camp since 2013 starting with a Z10 and now rocking a Passport. I really love BB10, but to be honest, it's just a few things with let me chose BB10 over Android, iOS or even Windows.

1. HUB - seriously I hate (not just "i-don't-like-it-that-much"-hate but just like "I-will-kill-it-everytime-I-have-the-opportunity-to-kill-it"-HATE) to open like twenty-five-thousand Apps to just communicate without doing another job on my phone. I don't get it that there isn't another manufacturer, who's able to just do a basic tool on a _communication_device. Well, at least they have twenty Instagram apps to share their lunch..

2. Gestures - It's so nice and "smoooooth" to navigate with gestures, which are simple and just intuitive. A button-based navigation is a big stuttering between screens due to the fact that you have to do an action to await a reaction of the OS. Gestures just respond directly, which let it seem more fluent.

3. Hardware QWERTZ keyboard - I admit, for a quick respond on the go a virtual on-screen keyboard will do it for the most of us. A short "OK, I'll be there" is not worth to release the overwhelming power of a full QWERTZ keyboard. But I work a lot while I'm on the way to my customers. I have to write mails, organise meetings and sometimes I have to write reports, which can be as long as three pages of a pdf-file.. I don't want to miss my clicky hardware keyboard for this.

So, these three things are my three good reasons to stay at the BlackBerry Army. I've I'm on a self-build boat for this or shipping with a boat from Google or the OHA or whom ever isn't that important for me.
    Please don't misunderstand me. "Security" and Privacy is important for me. Especially we here at Germany are a little bit weird if it comes to our private data. We wouldn't even tell our own government who we are if we weren't forced to do it. But to be honest. I don't see big security or privacy advantages at BB10 which Android or iOS or Windows don't have.
    In terms of security, BB10 is like the other three OSes. BB10 archive it's security advantages only over BES. But everything BES is securing is data of my company. To be honest, if some industrial spys (or spies?) compromise my phone to get data of my company - It's just not my problem, it's my company's problem. They have allowed to let this data go on my device, so they have the responsibility for this. And as I said, in terms of security of my own data BB10 is not that much better than other OSes, if at all.
    In terms of privacy.. well, on Android you have to take more care of your data, that's for sure. But it's in our hands to gave Google no private data or at least as little as possible. You're able to disable GPS-tracking, WLAN-tracking and all of this crap. You just have to do the right settings at the right places. Do not use Chrome, use another free browser. Do not use Google search but searches which do not track like duckduckgo.com. Do not use Google apps at all besides Google Play for apps and you have it - Google is unable to get your data. Yes, Google now won't work as it could, but these are the disadvantages of privacy. You can choose, more comfortable services or more privacy, it's in your hands. On BB10 BlackBerry takes the decision for you. You don't get any of these services, but you have the possible amount of privacy you're able to get on a mobile device.

I think, most of the problems people point out against Android in this Android vs. BB10 discussion are just half-baked reasons. I won't say that Android is the best or BB10 is the best. And everybody is right who says that Android has a terrible performance due to its java-like construction. But at least give it a shot .. and please, think twice before say something against a thing which isn't correct.

But to come back to the topic. My three main reasons which make me happy seem to become true on this future slider device whether it's Android or BB10 or whatever. So, I'll will definitely buy it. Maybe on day one but at least to Christmas.
    I'm really looking forward to this. A true BlackBerry experience on an Android device which will be massively co-advertised from Google for this whole Android for Work thing - at least in certain circumstances - is a thing I haven't dreamed of to be possible for BlackBerry today.

Maybe this will be a huge step for the turnaround, maybe not. But it's a thing. BlackBerry have to do something.

We will see.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    08-17-15 03:16 AM
    The hypervisor could be programmed to do that since BlackBerry would be programming and coding the Hypervisor. So that isn't a definite. However based on the Upstream podcast, and how horribly John Chen has handled BB10 and hardware, my guess is he is selling out and will do the minimum and just run Android. Never though Mt I would say this, but bring back Mike L or Heins!

Posted via Z30
    I said this from the start, when they were outing heins, Mike wanted to bring the company private. Dell has done wonders since it's gone private, everyone is talking about them. I think Mike would have pushed bb10 but we might never have bbm on cross platforms. He would have also pushed hardware.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 03:22 AM
    I'm really seeing forward to this. I'm at the BlackBerry Camp since 2013 starting with a Z10 and now rocking a Passport. I really love BB10, but to be honest, it's just a few things with let me chose BB10 over Android, iOS or even Windows.

1. HUB - seriously I hate (not just "i-don't-like-it-that-much"-hate but just like "I-will-kill-it-everytime-I-have-the-opportunity-to-kill-it"-HATE) to open like twenty-five-thousand Apps to just communicate without doing another job on my phone. I don't get it that there isn't another manufacturer, who's able to just do a basic tool on a _communication_device. Well, at least they have twenty Instagram apps to share their lunch..

2. Gestures - It's so nice and "smoooooth" to navigate with gestures, which are simple and just intuitive. A button-based navigation is a big stuttering between screens due to the fact that you have to do an action to await a reaction of the OS. Gestures just respond directly, which let it seem more fluent.

3. Hardware QWERTZ keyboard - I admit, for a quick respond on the go a virtual on-screen keyboard will do it for the most of us. A short "OK, I'll be there" is not worth to release the overwhelming power of a full QWERTZ keyboard. But I work a lot while I'm on the way to my customers. I have to write mails, organise meetings and sometimes I have to write reports, which can be as long as three pages of a pdf-file.. I don't want to miss my clicky hardware keyboard for this.

So, these three things are my three good reasons to stay at the BlackBerry Army. I've I'm on a self-build boat for this or shipping with a boat from Google or the OHA or whom ever isn't that important for me.
    Please don't misunderstand me. "Security" and Privacy is important for me. Especially we here at Germany are a little bit weird if it comes to our private data. We wouldn't even tell our own government who we are if we weren't forced to do it. But to be honest. I don't see big security or privacy advantages at BB10 which Android or iOS or Windows don't have.
    In terms of security, BB10 is like the other three OSes. BB10 archive it's security advantages only over BES. But everything BES is securing is data of my company. To be honest, if some industrial spys (or spies?) compromise my phone to get data of my company - It's just not my problem, it's my company's problem. They have allowed to let this data go on my device, so they have the responsibility for this. And as I said, in terms of security of my own data BB10 is not that much better than other OSes, if at all.
    In terms of privacy.. well, on Android you have to take more care of your data, that's for sure. But it's in our hands to gave Google no private data or at least as little as possible. You're able to disable GPS-tracking, WLAN-tracking and all of this crap. You just have to do the right settings at the right places. Do not use Chrome, use another free browser. Do not use Google search but searches which do not track like duckduckgo.com. Do not use Google apps at all besides Google Play for apps and you have it - Google is unable to get your data. Yes, Google now won't work as it could, but these are the disadvantages of privacy. You can choose, more comfortable services or more privacy, it's in your hands. On BB10 BlackBerry takes the decision for you. You don't get any of these services, but you have the possible amount of privacy you're able to get on a mobile device.

I think, most of the problems people point out against Android in this Android vs. BB10 discussion are just half-baked reasons. I won't say that Android is the best or BB10 is the best. And everybody is right who says that Android has a terrible performance due to its java-like construction. But at least give it a shot .. and please, think twice before say something against a thing which isn't correct.

But to come back to the topic. My three main reasons which make me happy seem to become true on this future slider device whether it's Android or BB10 or whatever. So, I'll will definitely buy it. Maybe on day one but at least to Christmas.
    I'm really looking forward to this. A true BlackBerry experience on an Android device which will be massively co-advertised from Google for this whole Android for Work thing - at least in certain circumstances - is a thing I haven't dreamed of to be possible for BlackBerry today.

Maybe this will be a huge step for the turnaround, maybe not. But it's a thing. BlackBerry have to do something.

We will see.

Posted via CB10
    The fact that android can't do something as simple as playing a youtube video while your phone is in standby, a different tab, or an app just proves how further ahead bb1 is

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 03:25 AM
    The fact that android can't do something as simple as playing a youtube video while your phone is in standby, a different tab, or an app just proves how further ahead bb1 is

Posted via CB10
    It's not that Android can't, it's that google don't want to implement it in the official youtube app. There are apps in the google play store that allow you to watch/listen to youtube clips in the background.
    08-17-15 03:40 AM
    Blackberry is not in IFA exhibitors list for now
    What if Google show it with android M update? Hmmm

08-17-15 03:42 AM
    What if Google show it with android M update? Hmmm

When is Android M scheduled for a official release?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 05:11 AM
    November for consumer release sounds right from what I remember for Android M. That's the third time I'm hearing Google is going to advertise the phone (from here on CB from different people(maybe same source..)

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 05:54 AM
    From Reddit.

Posted via CB10
    I'm totally fine with the android concept, but not sure how I feel about it literally looking like android. BlackBerry needs to have some differentiation factor from other devices, which is why was really hoping for a well made skin from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 07:04 AM
    Really hope they can leave the swipe features.

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    08-17-15 07:54 AM
    Is there active frames like in BB10??

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    08-17-15 08:02 AM
360 ... 1011121314 ...