Is it laggy like an android?

Posted via CB10
    That's a generalization if I've ever seen one. BB10 can get really slow and laggy too. I've had it hang on me several times where I could do nothing, not even turn off the screen.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-16-15 11:13 AM
    That's a generalization if I've ever seen one. BB10 can get really slow and laggy too. I've had it hang on me several times where I could do nothing, not even turn off the screen.

Posted via CB10
    It happens on bb10 when you're doing too much at once.
    On Android (samsung, nexus, HTC, sony...etc. Tried them all), swiping between menus and other things makes it stutter, lag or freeze

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:21 AM
    On Android (samsung, nexus, HTC, sony...etc. Tried them all), swiping between menus and other things makes it stutter, lag or freeze

Posted via CB10
    I remember this being common on older devices but not so much on newer ones.

I know the nexus is as stock as you can get with android and I hear it's buttery smooth. I'll admit my note 4 might stutter from time to time but that's because I have a bunch of apps open. It's especially frustrating when trying to open the camera app and it takes a while. I think it's also because of the touch wiz interface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-16-15 12:26 PM
    I remember this being common on older devices but not so much on newer ones.

I know the nexus is as stock as you can get with android and I hear it's buttery smooth. I'll admit my note 4 might stutter from time to time but that's because I have a bunch of apps open. It's especially frustrating when trying to open the camera app and it takes a while. I think it's also because of the touch wiz interface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Touchwiz is always have been one of the culprits when it comes to screen stuttering. The more stock android you use, the more battery you'll get. This why even if BlackBerry made a BB10 like Android interface, I still can't convince myself that it will be just the same BlackBerry battery experience.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    MO3iusONE and kbz1960 like this.
    08-16-15 12:55 PM
    They can't. But they can remove it from future updates.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    "future updates"

Ha! I'm looking forward to that future!

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-16-15 01:01 PM
    Do you know if the Slider is a forked Android or a fully Google Play Store compliant device?

Posted via CB10
    I can't confirm that. The Play Store was there, but that doesn't exactly prove anything.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 01:12 PM
    I feel that BlackBerry is doing the same move as Nokia when they released n900

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-16-15 01:18 PM
    Is it laggy like an android?

Posted via CB10
    No lag at all. But keep it mind that nothing was running and it was a test device.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-16-15 01:21 PM
    No lag at all. But keep it mind that nothing was running and it was a test device.

Posted via CB10
    I understand there's no lag, but what about stuttering when sliding between menus?

Is there any chance you can film the os?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 01:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are there small app icons on the top bar where you see the other icons such as wifi, signal etc.

Also, does the triangle, circles & square buttons occasionally appears when you go to a certain app?

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-16-15 01:33 PM
    I understand there's no lag, but what about stuttering when sliding between menus?

Is there any chance you can film the os?

Posted via CB10
    That's what I meant. I know what you're referring to and there was no signs of that. As I've mentioned before, the experience (effects/animations) felt like BB10.

Only had it for a few moments pttptppt; wouldn't be able to do that. Hopefully I'll get another go in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-16-15 01:44 PM
    That's what I meant. I know what you're referring to and there was no signs of that. As I've mentioned before, the experience (effects/animations) felt like BB10.

Only had it for a few moments pttptppt; wouldn't be able to do that. Hopefully I'll get another go in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    How the icon app? Is it looks like BB10?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-16-15 01:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 02:23 PM
    How the icon app? Is it looks like BB10?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Nope, they looked like Android. In fact, the renders that leaked a couple weeks ago are pretty much bang on to what I saw.
    08-16-15 03:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    I dunno, if running a browser is doing to much at once then maybe BlackBerry needs to ease up on the productivity claim. This is their native browser too BTW.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 03:34 PM
    Where are the Sim Card and SD Card inserted?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 04:11 PM
    Nope, they looked like Android. In fact, the renders that leaked a couple weeks ago are pretty much bang on to what I saw.
    What about the launcher style? Was it more close to the Google Now launcher? Or the BB10 launcher?

Celebrating 70th birthday of ROK � 위대한 여정 새로운 도약
    08-16-15 04:50 PM
    What about the launcher style? Was it more close to the Google Now launcher? Or the BB10 launcher?

This is something i would love to know

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 05:00 PM
    Technically if it is running Android and labeled BlackBerry, it still is a BlackBerry. So this is a valid place for slider posts.

Posted via CB10
    Is this really true? I guess the question is whether you call a phone by its manufacturer or its OS.

Posted from CB10
    08-16-15 05:28 PM
    Touchwiz is always have been one of the culprits when it comes to screen stuttering. The more stock android you use, the more battery you'll get. This why even if BlackBerry made a BB10 like Android interface, I still can't convince myself that it will be just the same BlackBerry battery experience.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    it won't be the same experience period, let alone the battery. it's still an android.
    08-16-15 05:49 PM
    So this means that this phone does not belong under the BlackBerry 10 Hub section of the forums.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 07:36 PM
    So this means that this phone does not belong under the BlackBerry 10 Hub section of the forums.

Posted via CB10
    Can't tell for now... as someone said earlier in this forum, someone in Reddit said that the Slider runs BB10, so we shall see in November

08-16-15 08:13 PM
    That back button is despicable. Hopefully the final product gets rid of it. Terrible waste of space and elevates the keyboard unnecessarily. Side note, keyboard itself looks like but sort of lack the BB10 finish.

Any chance you could "accidentally" upload the hub or home screen in a similar fashion. If not pm me, I promise not to share.
    Posted via CB10
    You know the back button, if real, might just be because this is at the lock screen, as with the numbers showing at the top.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-16-15 10:52 PM
    Is this really true? I guess the question is whether you call a phone by its manufacturer or its OS.

Posted from CB10
    A phone is called by its manufacturer period. Samsung makes windows phones too, it's name isn't in question. HTC makes phone with Windows and Android it's name isn't in question. To call a phone by its OS doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    08-16-15 11:38 PM
    A phone is called by its manufacturer period. Samsung makes windows phones too, it's name isn't in question. HTC makes phone with Windows and Android it's name isn't in question. To call a phone by its OS doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    oddly enough, i'll still be calling that slider an android. if all rumors are true of course.
    08-16-15 11:51 PM
360 ... 910111213 ...