You can trust me. The slider ins running Android with the 'BlackBerry experience suite '. It is not hypervisor, it is not bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Did you hands on it?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 ftw!!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-09-15 11:09 PM
    You can trust me. The slider ins running Android with the 'BlackBerry experience suite '. It is not hypervisor, it is not bb10.

Posted via CB10
    No offense. When someone says,"you can trust me"......it usually puts up a red flag.

Please go into detail. Thanks.

Sent via Passport!
    08-09-15 11:21 PM
    No offense. When someone says,"you can trust me"......it usually puts up a red flag.

Please go into detail. Thanks.

Sent via Passport!
    You're right. I edited the post. Trust me or not. :-)

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    08-09-15 11:53 PM
    You're right. I edited the post. Trust me or not. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Kind of disappointed that it isn't running the hypervisor.

I'm afraid that the BlackBerry experience will be compromised due to the Android architecture. The hyper productivity, multitasking aspect I will miss. That's something that doesn't sit too well with me.

However apparently Niko over at N4BB heard that if BlackBerry released a line of Android phones that Google would bless BB10 with the GPS.

Here's to hoping.

I read your post in the other forum about the Android Experience suite. Kind of a bummer IMHO.

*I used a friend's Android tablet this weekend. It was quite cumbersome and felt so antiquated.

Sent via Passport!
    08-09-15 11:58 PM
    Kind of disappointed that it isn't running the hypervisor.

I'm afraid that the BlackBerry experience will be compromised due to the Android architecture. The hyper productivity, multitasking aspect I will miss. That's something that doesn't sit too well with me.

However apparently Niko over at N4BB heard that if BlackBerry released a line of Android phones that Google would bless BB10 with the GPS.

Here's to hoping.

I read your post in the other forum about the Android Experience suite. Kind of a bummer IMHO.

Sent via Passport!
    The problem is still the OHA. Google is not able to allow only BlackBerry to break the rules. So, no Google play for bb10. Point. Full stop. End of discussion. It is hard but that a the rules.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 12:04 AM
    Definitely has the same feel. Really did feel like I was using my BlackBerry, but inside Android.

Posted via CB10
    Well...now things are getting interesting
    frazerd likes this.
    08-10-15 12:14 AM
    Definitely runs Android. Can confirm that.

Posted via CB10
    I second that. it definitely runs android
    08-10-15 12:16 AM
    Very interesting indeed.

Looks like BB10 devices will soon be in the same category with my 9900... Legacy devices.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-10-15 12:18 AM
    I second that. it definitely runs android
    F..., that's a bummer!! If they released it with Android, can they still release a BB10 version?

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    08-10-15 12:19 AM
    The problem is still the OHA. Google is not able to allow only BlackBerry to break the rules. So, no Google play for bb10. Point. Full stop. End of discussion. It is hard but that a the rules.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe BlackBerry gets their foot in the door with the Android for work program.

Sent via Passport!
    08-10-15 12:22 AM
    F..., that's a bummer!! If they released it with Android, can they still release a BB10 version?

the thing is, they might not even release it if they cant secure it or lock it down by november. not sure if theres any point to putting bb10 to it, its dying or DOA from the start
    08-10-15 12:22 AM
    the thing is, they might not even release it if they cant secure it or lock it down by november. not sure if theres any point to putting bb10 to it, its dying or DOA from the start
    That doesn't make any sense, what you just posted. The DOA part. So what's BlackBerry going to do then?

BlackBerry just released a DOA SE passport then?

No Android?

Then what? No slider.

Sent via Passport!
    08-10-15 12:24 AM
    That doesn't make any sense, what you just posted. The DOA part. So what's BlackBerry going to do then?

BlackBerry just released a DOA SE passport then?

No Android?

Than what? No slider.

Sent via Passport!
    DOA as in it is unpolished and incomplete when it was launched. now that it has some what matured, it is not going anywhere. The SE PP was an attempt to make more profit with marginal effort. its not my opinion, i am quoting my source.

The slider will be the do or die device for the hardware business. if it fails, im guessing they will go full out software/service
    missing_K-W and eyesopen1111 like this.
    08-10-15 12:29 AM
    DOA as in it is unpolished and incomplete when it was launched. now that it has some what matured, it is not going anywhere. The SE PP was an attempt to make more profit with marginal effort. its not my opinion, i am quoting my source.

The slider will be the do or die device for the hardware business. if it fails, im guessing they will go full out software/service
    What does your source know about John Chen saying he,"will be back with something", to nearly everyone who interviews him is respect to app /ecosystem offerings.

Sent via Passport!
    08-10-15 12:33 AM
    What does your source know about John Chen saying he,"will be back with something", to nearly everyone who interviews him is respect to app /ecosystem offerings.

Sent via Passport!
    didn't ask, i specifically asked about the slider only. but I thought JC answered that with the amazon app store and being able to install apk on the go.
    08-10-15 12:42 AM
    didn't ask, i specifically asked about the slider only. but I thought JC answered that with the amazon app store and being able to install apk on the go.
    I'll be in Waterloo this weekend. Tell your source drinks are on me. We need to talk

Sent via Passport!
    Avenzuno likes this.
    08-10-15 12:46 AM
    You can't have Google Play Services on a device that is not pure Android. Period. Full stop.

Unless the entire OHA agreement gets thrown in the garbage.

Works for me NO ANDROID OS on a Blackberry.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-10-15 12:46 AM
    Technically if it is running Android and labeled BlackBerry, it still is a BlackBerry. So this is a valid place for slider posts.

Posted via CB10
    nobody using any other BlackBerry handset will be able to relate to it nor offer insight as we are not using android. please elaborate on your reasoning.

i guess since it has the BlackBerry logo it gets to stay.. but make it should be made into it's own section. has nothing to do with BlackBerry 10 OS.
    08-10-15 01:38 AM
    Very interesting indeed.

Looks like BB10 devices will soon be in the same category with my 9900... Legacy devices.

Posted from an ME173X
    then you guys will get to rag on us for using said legacy devices. and the cycle continues ;-)
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    08-10-15 01:39 AM
    So a BB10 version of the slider is out of the question? Is BB10 basically dead now with no more new devices? If so, I guess i'm going back to the iphone.
    08-10-15 01:55 AM
    So a BB10 version of the slider is out of the question? Is BB10 basically dead now with no more new devices? If so, I guess i'm going back to the iphone.
    Depends on who's source. Last credible forumer who had a "source", said "lol. BB10 wasn't going anywhere". I believe that.

I know .........sources.

Sent via Passport!
    extisis likes this.
    08-10-15 02:00 AM
    Do you know if it's running the QNX hypervisor? Or is it just a "BlackBerry" skin?

Sent via Passport!
    I really don't know much about the Android OS tbh, all I can confirm is that the version I played with had Android Lollipop.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 02:45 AM
    I really don't know much about the Android OS tbh, all I can confirm is that the version I played with had Android Lollipop.

Posted via CB10
    May have just been an inhouse test device???

08-10-15 03:19 AM
    If BB is gonna offer Android in the coming devices ?.. what about the old devices and their development ? ..

will they be given a option to install android or stick with BB10 ? any idea ?
    extisis likes this.
    08-10-15 04:04 AM
    The first choice, "Google Play Services on an Android-based device", will very likely lead to a third choice - changing to an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-10-15 07:19 AM
360 ... 23456 ...