I was hoping for so much more out of phone that was almost $1000 CAD.

- no built in SMS/MMS handler? Are you kidding me? This is such a basic communication feature!

- horrid battery drain (even when Gmail sync is off)

- slow sync times for SMS and emails

- contact names constantly disappearing and showing numbers only

Anyone know if they intend on making the Hub useful anytime soon? The AMA wasn't exactly helpful.
    bp2k7 likes this.
    12-07-15 04:33 PM

- no built in SMS/MMS handler? Are you kidding me? This is such a basic communication feature!

Anyone know if they intend on making the Hub useful anytime soon? The AMA wasn't exactly helpful.
    With the exception of the terrible android sms app, i don't have any of those issues. Did you update all those apps in Google Play?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-07-15 05:38 PM
    This simply isn't true.
    Attached Thumbnails Android Priv Hub confirmed to be borderline useless-screenshot_2015-12-06-13-27-45.jpg   Android Priv Hub confirmed to be borderline useless-screenshot_2015-12-06-13-27-50.jpg   Android Priv Hub confirmed to be borderline useless-screenshot_2015-12-06-13-27-55.jpg   Android Priv Hub confirmed to be borderline useless-screenshot_2015-12-07-15-46-42xxx.jpg   Android Priv Hub confirmed to be borderline useless-screenshot_2015-12-07-15-46-25dd.jpg  

Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-07-15 at 06:03 PM.
    12-07-15 05:45 PM

Did I miss something? None of your gripes have anything to do w the hub??

12-07-15 05:54 PM
    Confirmed by who, you? LMFAO you're opinion doesn't matter. Suck it up butter cup, be a man.

Posted via Priv
    Gatmyer, Spinal, Mecca EL and 4 others like this.
    12-07-15 06:20 PM

There are about 30 threads on this. You could check those before posting, but because I'm feeling benevolent (for which you should feel thankful, perhaps by referring to me as Supreme Leader from now on), the short answer is: yes. Next week there will be an update.

FYI, half of your problems are not normal. I'd recommend looking up "BlackBerry Services Battery Drain," as the effect on the battery by the Hub should be negligible of it's working properly. I also have decent syncing from push with my accounts and no problems with contacts turning into numbers.

That said, I agree with one of your points though. Baked in messaging would be the bees' knees.

Willardv likes this.
    12-07-15 06:29 PM
    Confirmed by who, you? LMFAO you're opinion doesn't matter. Suck it up butter cup, be a man.

Posted via Priv
    LOL.
    Willardv likes this.
    12-07-15 06:34 PM
    Did I miss something? None of your gripes have anything to do w the hub??

Was thinking what you're thinking!?

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-07-15 06:36 PM
    Not that I have any reason to believe or not believe what the OP has to say, but one thing is for sure: i'm glad I'm not one of the early adopters of the Priv. Seems like there are a few issues, from order fulfillment to the hub to low quality hardware in some instances.

Posted via CB10
    Bay 13 likes this.
    12-07-15 06:37 PM
    This simply isn't true.
    This has been the case since I've had my phone. Is yours an unlocked model with the latest update from them?

My phone heats up wildly in conjunction with weird sync misfires but outside of the Hub everything is working as expected.
    Attached Thumbnails Android Priv Hub confirmed to be borderline useless-1061.jpg  
    12-07-15 06:37 PM
    Not that I have any reason to believe or not believe what the OP has to say, but one thing is for sure: i'm glad I'm not one of the early adopters of the Priv. Seems like there are a few issues, from order fulfillment to the hub to low quality hardware in some instances.

Posted via CB10
    No issues on this end. "Confirmed" by me.

Received my monthly update and all running well.
    chopachain and Theicecreamman like this.
    12-08-15 06:06 PM
    @Mark Sb - what's with all the Twitter icons at the top?
    12-08-15 09:18 PM

I know what you are talking about. I had contacted BB Priv Help and they been trying to figure out what is going on. We did the factory restore and it helped but there is a glitch somewhere. The SMS in the hub, don't bother I just use the app direct. I'm waiting for them to fix it. And if anyone tells you are the only one, its BS. There are many threads about the same complaint. Some have found a fix, other others have not. Battery drain, some days its ok but there are days, like yesterday, I had to charge the phone 3 times in one day, yes no exaggeration. I think its a program that gets stuck in a loop. My wife's the day before did the same thing. This is no way a complaint, I like my phone. I just want to fix the issue or solve it.

And my phone heats up and everyone says it is normal. It gets hot enough that I had to put it down. My wife has a case on hers, which I think insults it, so some people don't feel the heat.

Here is a question and if this has happened to anyone else after the factory restore, I lost my option for "bug report" can't do it from the power switch or from settings. Anyone know what happened?
    Brancieri likes this.
    12-08-15 09:31 PM
    Here is a question and if this has happened to anyone else after the factory restore, I lost my option for "bug report" can't do it from the power switch or from settings. Anyone know what happened?
    Possibly. Go to Settings->Dev Options. Is "USB Debugging" toggled on? Only when it's set to "on" can you take a bug report or activate the shortcut.

12-08-15 09:38 PM
    Possibly. Go to Settings->Dev Options. Is "USB Debugging" toggled on? Only when it's set to "on" can you take a bug report or activate the shortcut.

That is what I tried to do, it won't allow the option. Mine is greyed out. As the the option is denied. BB Help couldn't figure it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
    12-08-15 09:41 PM
    That is what I tried to do, it won't allow the option. Mine is greyed out. As the the option is denied. BB Help couldn't figure it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Can you send a screenshot of your Dev Options?

12-08-15 09:56 PM
    Had the same horrible battery issues, tried every recommendation, nothing helped. Returned the phone for a new unit, completely different experience. Battery is awesome, heavy use all day and still have 60% at 7pm. Not sure what happened but possibly some lemons out there. And yes, the HUB sucks. I've switched to Gmail, no turning back now.

12-08-15 09:56 PM
    Is this ok or do you need another one
    Attached Thumbnails Android Priv Hub confirmed to be borderline useless-1449633659033.jpg  
    12-08-15 10:01 PM
    Can you send a screenshot of your Dev Options?

I uploaded the screen shot. This is how my settings are currently without me changing anything.
    12-08-15 10:03 PM
    Hub update for all coming December 12th! Hopefully this fixes complaints.
    Also this OS update helped a lot with battery. I thought it was good before but now even better. No heat issues either.

Posted from my Priv!
    d a elliott likes this.
    12-08-15 10:06 PM
    Is this ok or do you need another one
    Perfect. Stupid question, but question #1: are you connected to a USB (connected to your PC or wall charger)?

12-08-15 10:10 PM
    Hub update for all coming December 12th! Hopefully this fixes complaints.
    Also this OS update helped a lot with battery. I thought it was good before but now even better. No heat issues either.

Posted from my Priv!
    Thanks for the update. I'm waiting for the Hub update also. Is this OS update different from the unlock version from last week?
    12-08-15 10:11 PM
    Perfect. Stupid question, but question #1: are you connected to a USB (connected to your PC or wall charger)?

Neither right now,but soon will need to be 8% BL
    12-08-15 10:12 PM
    Neither right now,but soon will need to be 8% BL
    Plug into computer via USB, pull down notification bar, and tap "Touch for USB options." What is the default setting?

12-08-15 10:18 PM
    Plug into computer via USB, pull down notification bar, and tap "Touch for USB options." What is the default setting?

Sorry but I will have to try when I'm near a computer. But I just updated my wife's Priv and the debug option has changed also. Before the update I was able to send a debug report but now that option has been removed on hers also.
    12-08-15 11:35 PM
34 12