Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
12-13-15 12:45 PM
67 123
tools
    Been thinking of going to Android but from what I've seen on my family members' devices like the Galaxy, android seems way too "busy" for me. I find it almost intimidating to use.

I've been told that the Nexus phones have a "clean" version (?) of Android and it won't be as busy as the Samsung phones.

And the Priv - where does that stand in all of this? Clean or cluttered?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 08:27 PM
    Outside of the included Blackberry apps it's almost stock Google Android.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-09-15 08:39 PM
    Outside of the included Blackberry apps it's almost stock Google Android.
    ^^ This.

Basically it's going to be as cluttered as you make it.
    12-09-15 08:44 PM
    Android can be whatever you want it to be.
    d a elliott and John Doe99 like this.
    12-09-15 09:06 PM
    It's cluttered and fragmented. The good thing is you can make it uncluttered and not fragmented. As previously posted android can be anything you want it to be!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    d a elliott likes this.
    12-09-15 09:12 PM
    Wow, I was expecting everyone to say it was too busy like some of the Samsung phones.

But as for Nexus - is it true they are even "cleaner"?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 09:14 PM
    You could call it cleaner but not as safe or private.
    12-09-15 09:59 PM
    I want it to be free of my carrier's pre installed apps and other bloatware. Is this easy to do?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 10:23 PM
    I want it to be free of my carrier's pre installed apps and other bloatware. Is this easy to do?

Posted via CB10
    I'm using the unlocked version from BlackBerry store. No carrier apps or bloatware here.
    12-09-15 10:42 PM
    Att version has atts bs. I definitely think it is much cleaner than Samsung. I really don't notice att apps. Just get them off your home screen.

12-09-15 10:56 PM
    Not quite true. Samsung take the biscuit on irrelevant apps and immovable system wide rubbish (bloatware). By comparison check NEXUS 6p; brilliant and the even better BB priv..
    12-09-15 11:04 PM
    Not quite true. Samsung take the biscuit on irrelevant apps and immovable system wide rubbish (bloatware). By comparison check NEXUS 6p; brilliant and the even better BB priv..
    but you can get rid of the samsung stuff just as you can get rid of the BB stuff
    12-09-15 11:10 PM
    Android is a cluttered experience in general (imo).

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 11:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this is true.

12-09-15 11:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I never felt that way, maybe because I moved over from Symbian... and Android was very intuitive for me.
    The only thing I would call cluttered was grouping the setting menu in 4.x compared to 2.x and 5.x
    5.x interface seems to be greatly simplified, almost like Google was walking away from the power user style.

On other hand I'm not a big fan of iOS and Apple in general, but I do use an iPad quite often - never liked the GUI tho - too "clean" for my liking
    (I also never paid a penny for the ipad as it was a gift, so you could say my opinion is biased)

Anyway, I think I would call Priv "clean" more than anything else. If it is still too much, you can always disable all bits and bobs in the settings (pop up widgets, productivity tab, etc).
    Last edited by ViggenZ; 12-10-15 at 06:02 AM.
    12-10-15 05:52 AM
    You could call it cleaner but not as safe or private.
    That's not remotely true. Google has access to what you are doing just like it does on every other Android phone.
    12-10-15 06:07 AM
    The "clutter" of Android is the new CB buzz concept.
    donnation and LazyEvul like this.
    12-10-15 06:08 AM
    Not cluttered at all in fact being almost bare android with the blackberry touch. You need to take time to set up your device the way you like it and that's possible with android.
    12-10-15 06:10 AM
    My personal opinion is that ios is the cleanest and simplest. But I don't want an iphone at all! Hence me leaning toward a Nexus.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 06:31 AM
    Part of the reason Android feels so cluttered is the overuse of superfluous animations. They're just so over-the-top and juvenile. My least favorite is when you come to the end of a scrolled page, and you get that blue half-bubble popup. I prefer BB10 and iOS which both have a similar treatment of the edges of a page. This alone could keep me away from Android.

iOS has some annoying animations, but I can easily disable them.

And BB10 is the cleanest, though 10.3 brought some really ugly and cluttered UI changes.
    Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 07:39 AM
    Been thinking of going to Android but from what I've seen on my family members' devices like the Galaxy, android seems way too "busy" for me. I find it almost intimidating to use.

I've been told that the Nexus phones have a "clean" version (?) of Android and it won't be as busy as the Samsung phones.

Posted via CB10
    Is this too cluttered for you?

Attached Thumbnails Is Android on Priv "clean " or "cluttered"?-17476.jpg   Is Android on Priv "clean " or "cluttered"?-screenshot_2015-12-10-11-56-36.jpg   Is Android on Priv "clean " or "cluttered"?-screenshot_2015-12-10-11-56-29.jpg  
    12-10-15 10:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not true. My device is clean and far more efficient now. BB10 is too cluttered when i use it now.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-10-15 11:42 AM
    Not true. My device is clean and far more efficient now. BB10 is too cluttered when i use it now.
    You're going to have to explain that one. Bouncing between notifications in the BB10 hub is a breeze. Android has me bouncing between apps.

The active frame system in BB10 is a breeze. Android and iOS have utterly confusing multitasking systems.

The file system integration in BB10 is so simple and useful. It's, again, a breeze.

The quick settings menu in BB10 is uncluttered, clear and clean. The browser is so useful in its design and layout (though it could use an update to meet modern standards).

The gestures in BB10 cannot be mistaken. They just work, and the work in obvious ways that are easy to reproduce without any required precision.

I really like BB10. And Android has none of the above qualities, nor does iOS. Modular operating systems. BB10 is integrated.

I have to admit that 10.2.1 was the best version of BB10 to date. The update, 10.3.X, introduced a lot of UI clutter and ruined the Calendar app. I keep my Q10 on 10.2.1 and marvel at the flow and ease of use. But I use the Classic as my daily driver, Passport went back into its box for now.

Posted via CB10
    HereticHermit likes this.
    12-10-15 11:58 AM
    You're going to have to explain that one. Bouncing between notifications in the BB10 hub is a breeze. Android has me bouncing between apps.

The active frame system in BB10 is a breeze. Android and iOS have utterly confusing multitasking systems.

The file system integration in BB10 is so simple and useful. It's, again, a breeze.

The quick settings menu in BB10 is uncluttered, clear and clean. The browser is so useful in its design and layout (though it could use an update to meet modern standards).

The gestures in BB10 cannot be mistaken. They just work, and the work in obvious ways that are easy to reproduce without any required precision.

I really like BB10. And Android has none of the above qualities, nor does iOS. Modular operating systems. BB10 is integrated.

I have to admit that 10.2.1 was the best version of BB10 to date. The update, 10.3.X, introduced a lot of UI clutter and ruined the Calendar app. I keep my Q10 on 10.2.1 and marvel at the flow and ease of use. But I use the Classic as my daily driver, Passport went back into its box for now.

Posted via CB10
    Notifications in Android is easy. They are all dealt with in the notification panel. Occasionally I may have an app that doesn't allow a quick reply but the apps open automatically, it's hardly a chore and I don't even notice it.
    I use my stock file manager. Simple and powerful. It's plugged into my cloud services so no separate cloud apps needed anymore.
    My quick settings is really clean. A simple row of customisable settings. Probably cleaner then the bb10 version I used.
    Not sure what's you mean about gestured. You can't exactly go wrong tapping either. Anyway I have gestures to pull in what I need when I need it.
    12-10-15 12:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Rest assured there is no bloatware like you get on Samsung devices. The Priv is like the nexus P, clean no bloatware.
    But like other devices, it keeps getting delayed with the system updates.
    Updating is probably the most important thing to do to keep your device clean and uncluttered with all the apps on screen!

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 12-13-15 at 12:55 PM.
    12-10-15 12:31 PM
67 123