Hello,

With the Priv stuck at Android 6, we are excluded from most innovations in the Android department. For most part, I can live with that. But, what I'm missing really bad is the horizontal card switching carousel introduced with Android Pie aka Iphone-copy gestures&navigation.

Does any of you have any idea on how to bring that to the PRIV?

Thanks alot!

PS Android Pie like gesture control can be achieved by installing an app from XDA developers called "navigation gestures"
    04-02-20 03:22 PM
    Hello,

With the Priv stuck at Android 6, we are excluded from most innovations in the Android department. For most part, I can live with that. But, what I'm missing really bad is the horizontal card switching carousel introduced with Android Pie aka Iphone-copy gestures&navigation.

Does any of you have any idea on how to bring that to the PRIV?

Thanks alot!

PS Android Pie like gesture control can be achieved by installing an app from XDA developers called "navigation gestures"
    There are no feature updates ever coming to Android 6.
    04-02-20 03:49 PM
    That is correct.

But, i meant more something along the lines of the aforementioned navigation gestures app from xda. So, a solution including some shell script magic, sideloaded app or whatever you could cook up, short of rooting the phone (which is, as we all know, not possible with BlackBerry Android phones).
    04-02-20 04:36 PM
    That is correct.

But, i meant more something along the lines of the aforementioned navigation gestures app from xda. So, a solution including some shell script magic, sideloaded app or whatever you could cook up, short of rooting the phone (which is, as we all know, not possible with BlackBerry Android phones).
    Try other Launchers?
    04-02-20 05:46 PM
    Yeah there a a number of launchers out there, and some with some gestures.... but most of those are tied to the newer features in Android. It's a shame that a five year old phone is stuck so far in the past....
    04-03-20 01:50 PM
    I'm sorry of my ignorance. Does the Blackberry Hub stop working when installing a different launcher?
    04-03-20 02:12 PM
    I'm sorry of my ignorance. Does the Blackberry Hub stop working when installing a different launcher?
    Nope. It's just an app like any other.
    anon(5248846) likes this.
    04-03-20 02:26 PM