Does anyone else face the problem?

My priv is AT&T unlock and already updated June security patch, I have no idea what happen after I upgrade OS to Android M (6.0) I noticed that in beginning battery quite okay but for some months I noticed that 1 day batter is almost empty when I am back home (before I was couple days). So I checked and found that Android OS (most of APP) always "Awake" and it consume battery, please advise.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Android OS always "Awake"-screenshot_20170607-031312.jpg   Android OS always "Awake"-screenshot_20170607-031321.jpg   Android OS always "Awake"-screenshot_20170607-031326.jpg  
    06-07-17 12:26 AM
    Hello recommend you clear the cache in storage and right after! Do a 32 second reboot. holding down Power button during at least that time! I usually clear my cache when it reaches 1Gb level. Good luck
    06-07-17 12:32 AM
    Hi Rico4you,

Thanks for your advice, I did it many times, after reboot it was no Android OS "Awake" for couple hours after that it is the same.
    06-07-17 03:03 AM
    For starters, I'd get rid of that Clean Master. You don't need that.

It's usually (always) and app that's using the Android OS for something and that's what's causing the wakelock. You need to check your apps for the culprit.
    06-07-17 03:06 AM
    For starters, I'd get rid of that Clean Master. You don't need that.

It's usually (always) and app that's using the Android OS for something and that's what's causing the wakelock. You need to check your apps for the culprit.
    But how do you find the culprit? If the Battery App shows Android OS, how do you find the real villain that is driving the Android OS problem?

(as an aside to Mirko, I am finding Bluetooth is using more power which I attribute to the Samsung Gear S3 modules talking between my watch and my Priv)
    06-07-17 09:01 AM
    But how do you find the culprit? If the Battery App shows Android OS, how do you find the real villain that is driving the Android OS problem?

(as an aside to Mirko, I am finding Bluetooth is using more power which I attribute to the Samsung Gear S3 modules talking between my watch and my Priv)
    By checking what's going on in more detail with one of the apps I keep on suggesting for these things, on an almost daily basis now As I said above, apps which hog the Android OS into keeping the phone awake in most cases also use some other resources which can be noticed with SystemPanel (2), Cool Tool, maybe GSam, AccuBattery...

SystemPanel alone is such a powerful tool that you shouldn't need anything else, especially the new version, and especially if you give it permissions to track apps usage.
    It's not exactly that it'll point a finger at the culprit, but it's getting close.
    Now, it might sound as a security issue, but I've come to trust the developer, the old SystemPanel never sent a single byte of data from the phone so... The new one has ads in the free version so I think that's why there's a few hundred KB, I just bought the adfree version so we'll see. But even if there will be some data, I personally trust the guy(s) that the data won't contain anything that it shouldn't; I trust them more than Google in any case, Google probably already knows what brand of toilet paper I use...
    (Btw, @FF22, see what talking to you on a regular basis does to people??? I'm becoming as paranoid as you about protecting my personal data... )

In a rare case it might be some system bug or something that the system is actually doing, but it never was in my experience so I wouldn't even consider that possibility until I've ruled out any chance of it being an app.

Regarding your other point, I'm actually a bit surprised that I never saw the Bluetooth itself as an item it the battery list... Gear S Plugin and/or Samsung accessory service are there regularly with 1 or 2 %, and up to 15-ish after some 5 h of hiking. But IIRC you said you also use BT in your car etc. so in sum your BT radio does more work. If it's under a few %, I wouldn't worry much. If it comes to 5 or 10, then we (you ) might have a bit of a problem.
    06-08-17 01:51 AM
    To comment on Bluetooth: I have a Pebble, so Bluetooth is always on for me, and the one day where I didn't have it with me and Bluetooth off, I didn't see any noticeable change in battery life on the Priv.

The Awake issue: yes, as Mirko said, it'll be an app. I recently discovered one by chance that kept the phone awake (it was, indcidentally, an app for scanning for Bluetooth beacons). As soon as I cleared the app out of the "recents" list, the "awake" stopped. So try to pinpoint the time where the "awake" starts, and see if you remember any app that you used at that time. Then swipe or Force Stop one app at a time and see if the "Awake" stops.

It's a real shame Android does not or cannot track which app originally started a wakelock. Maybe in Android 10 or so...

Stefan
    06-08-17 03:54 AM
    To comment on Bluetooth: I have a Pebble, so Bluetooth is always on for me, and the one day where I didn't have it with me and Bluetooth off, I didn't see any noticeable change in battery life on the Priv.
    Same here... I expected at least a little difference when I bought my Gear but nothing. Except when it's tracking an exercise with GPS, but that's a different matter.
    06-08-17 04:06 AM
    By checking what's going on in more detail with one of the apps I keep on suggesting for these things, on an almost daily basis now As I said above, apps which hog the Android OS into keeping the phone awake in most cases also use some other resources which can be noticed with SystemPanel (2), Cool Tool, maybe GSam, AccuBattery...

SystemPanel alone is such a powerful tool that you shouldn't need anything else, especially the new version, and especially if you give it permissions to track apps usage.
    It's not exactly that it'll point a finger at the culprit, but it's getting close. https://forums.crackberry.com/images...ry/biggrin.png
    Now, it might sound as a security issue, but I've come to trust the developer, the old SystemPanel never sent a single byte of data from the phone so... The new one has ads in the free version so I think that's why there's a few hundred KB, I just bought the adfree version so we'll see. But even if there will be some data, I personally trust the guy(s) that the data won't contain anything that it shouldn't; I trust them more than Google in any case, Google probably already knows what brand of toilet paper I use...
    (Btw, @FF22, see what talking to you on a regular basis does to people??? I'm becoming as paranoid as you about protecting my personal data... )

In a rare case it might be some system bug or something that the system is actually doing, but it never was in my experience so I wouldn't even consider that possibility until I've ruled out any chance of it being an app.

Regarding your other point, I'm actually a bit surprised that I never saw the Bluetooth itself as an item it the battery list... Gear S Plugin and/or Samsung accessory service are there regularly with 1 or 2 %, and up to 15-ish after some 5 h of hiking. But IIRC you said you also use BT in your car etc. so in sum your BT radio does more work. If it's under a few %, I wouldn't worry much. If it comes to 5 or 10, then we (you ) might have a bit of a problem.
    Since I had charged overnight, I could not post a Battery Results screenshot.

BT is using quite a bit of power.

Android OS always "Awake"-screenshot_20170608-220742.jpg
    06-09-17 12:14 AM
    Since I had charged overnight, I could not post a Battery Results screenshot.

BT is using quite a bit of power.
    Hm, now that's a bit much... Are you sure it's the Gear and not your car BT? 'Cause as I've said, it's usually not even in that list for me...
    06-09-17 11:32 AM
    Hm, now that's a bit much... Are you sure it's the Gear and not your car BT? 'Cause as I've said, it's usually not even in that list for me...
    I guess I can disable the connection to the Gear S3 for a day and see if that changes the results.

I guess I am befuddled by System Panel. (g) Too many charts and where do I zero in on the values or info I want to see to determine BT use or what else might be chomping on the battery.
    06-09-17 12:58 PM