I guess I am a little confused as to why everyone is so concerned about the "next" update. I get the monthly security updates, but not the OS. It's not like computer software where things only work on certain OS right?

I guess help me understand why it is such a "concern"
    06-25-17 02:30 PM
    Each OS brings new features and optimizations.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-25-17 02:36 PM
    Each OS brings new features and optimizations.
    Ok, thanks for the info

so Nougat has what that everyone "has to have" ? And the "O" hasn't came out yet right?
    06-25-17 04:33 PM
    Ok, thanks for the info

so Nougat has what that everyone "has to have" ? And the "O" hasn't came out yet right?
    Anything new because a must have, because people like new things.

N came out last fall, and O will be this fall. The rollout process itself can take 0-9 months.
    06-25-17 04:52 PM
    If you used an android device from android 4 to 6 you'd notice just how important os updates are.
    Android 4 was a laggy slow and cumbersome os with terrible standby battery life on most devices. android 5 streamlined it a lot but terrible battery life was still there, but at least the general interface was a lot smoother. Android 6 brought huge standby battery life improvements and full permission controls for apps. Android 7 brought a newer interface for a few things and a bunch of little feature improvements, claimed better battery life too, and split screen support on any device.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    06-25-17 05:06 PM
    It's not looking like we will ever see 7 though. Just security updates from here on until those stop at some point. I bought this phone before I did enough research. I regret it now. It's a good device but there are much better out there at under 400 dollars.
    06-25-17 06:02 PM
    It's not looking like we will ever see 7 though. Just security updates from here on until those stop at some point. I bought this phone before I did enough research. I regret it now. It's a good device but there are much better out there at under 400 dollars.
    I am happy with the phone and with marshmallow ( I take it, it is os6?). I will keep this phone until I have to get rid of it or another slider phone emerges and is a worthy replacement.
    06-25-17 06:09 PM