Drop dat Nougat on ma PRIV please..
    08-19-16 09:35 PM
    What's the biggest change in this new OS?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    From what I have seen they have trimmed it down, so better performance.
    As far as features: split screen app support, notifications have been improved a bit by looks and quick reply function, VR stuff, and a bunch of other small things. Google it of you like, but I've used the beta on a Nexus and it performs better then M.

It's possible BlackBerry is already working on N for their devices. It would make sense.
    Everytime they move to a new OS they have to port their changes.
    08-19-16 10:26 PM
    It took them 6 or 7 months with mm released already, so with N, probably 12 or 18 knowing blackberry history of missing the boat.

I do not believe it is all BlackBerry. In my neck of the world, it is the carrier. Having owned a factory device versus carrier, I feel I can say that with at least a smidgen of authority. It is about purse strings, really, and mine are usually short.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 11:03 PM
    4th quarter for beta and right near eoy for everyone on factory unlocked.

Guess or sourced somewhere?

08-19-16 11:36 PM

For me it's split screen, better doze and the redesigned notification tray
    08-20-16 12:14 AM
    Blackberry being the first to release patch for bug, we hope it will first to release OS N also.
    08-20-16 12:16 AM
    What's the biggest change in this new OS?

Apparently it's just as secure as BB10, making BlackBerry products redundant. j/k
    08-20-16 12:27 AM
    Guess or sourced somewhere?

Best guess given the amount of work I expect is involved and the observed testing cycle that BlackBerry has historically used.
    08-20-16 06:03 AM
    Blackberry being the first to release patch for bug, we hope it will first to release OS N also.
    Nexus devices will be the first...

Android 7.0 Nougat likely releasing Aug 22 | Android Central
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-20-16 07:48 AM
    I'm not sure if the app doze thing really does anything unless the phone is completely still. It would be great if this feature would work if the phone is in a holster or in a pocket. Otherwise I see no real benefit. Most, I think have their phones on them all the time. Does anyone know if my assumption is true or not?

08-20-16 01:21 PM
    Android is worth a quarter. You owe me a quarter

HA! I got a Priv
    08-20-16 01:30 PM
    I'm not sure if the app doze thing really does anything unless the phone is completely still. It would be great if this feature would work if the phone is in a holster or in a pocket. Otherwise I see no real benefit. Most, I think have their phones on them all the time. Does anyone know if my assumption is true or not?

They changed it in Android N, http://www.androidauthority.com/android-n-doze-678982/

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 01:33 PM
    08-22-16 04:12 PM
    I wonder what BB will do with the notifications now that Android 7.0 features grouped notifications. I really like the way it looks on stock android and would prefer if it was kept this way.
    Last edited by StutterStep; 08-22-16 at 08:06 PM.
    08-22-16 07:10 PM
    For anyone wondering, the Hub seems to be working well in Split Screen; you get the may not be supported message with it been a MM target
    08-23-16 06:19 AM
    I think people need to learn that the first wave of ANY software update is buggy and has many issues .

The 2nd update normally irons and fixes everything.

To answer your question not any time soon. Maybe 6-8 months tops as the software has to be blackberrified if that's a word. I don't ever think the Mercury will be launched with it. That's just how it is .

08-23-16 06:40 AM
    I think people need to learn that the first wave of ANY software update is buggy and has many issues .

The 2nd update normally irons and fixes everything.

To answer your question not any time soon. Maybe 6-8 months tops as the software has to be blackberrified if that's a word. I don't ever think the Mercury will be launched with it. That's just how it is .

That's why they should release it to us beta testers, so we can, you know, test it earlier.
    08-25-16 01:56 PM
42 12