FWIW Priv did beat out S6 to Marshmallow. I guess it's wait and see, but I'm getting a negative vibe from the Beta forums, so have a few others.
    Yeah, I think BlackBerry may be washing their hands of OS updates since they don't really support their own devices any more. I would not be surprised if the Priv never gets Nougat. At best it will be severely delayed.

This is actually one of the key reasons I sold my Priv. Unfortunate really.
    03-01-17 09:31 AM
    Yeah, I think BlackBerry may be washing their hands of OS updates since they don't really support their own devices any more. I would not be surprised if the Priv never gets Nougat. At best it will be severely delayed.

This is actually one of the key reasons I sold my Priv. Unfortunate really.
    That's the problem. It's well in their interest to support the Priv though. I'm not saying this as an owner of a Priv, but rather as a bystander. How can you inspire confidence for your Android software for the new phones and get people to buy it based on a software promise as part of the selling pitch, when you just abandon your first one in just a year?

Media headlines will be all over it when they review the KEYone if they do this, they are setting a bad track record.
    03-01-17 09:50 AM
    That's the problem. It's well in their interest to support the Priv though. I'm not saying this as an owner of a Priv, but rather as a bystander. How can you inspire confidence for your Android software for the new phones and get people to buy it based on a software promise as part of the selling pitch, when you just abandon your first one in just a year?

Media headlines will be all over it when they review the KEYone if they do this, they are setting a bad track record.
    You have to admit that BlackBerry has not inspired much confidence in their ability to commit and deliver over the last 5-7 years. I do not see this as being any different. The media scrutiny does not affect them any more because they are such a minor player in the HW sector, and now officially they are not even in HW any more.
    03-01-17 10:46 AM
    You have to admit that BlackBerry has not inspired much confidence in their ability to commit and deliver over the last 5-7 years. I do not see this as being any different. The media scrutiny does not affect them any more because they are such a minor player in the HW sector, and now officially they are not even in HW any more.
    Well then maybe TCL knows a bit more than we do, they were the ones to plunk money into this licensing deal.
    03-01-17 11:07 AM
    Well then maybe TCL knows a bit more than we do, they were the ones to plunk money into this licensing deal.
    I sure hope so. I just watched a video of the K1 and it seems very nice actually. The UI is buttery smooth, comparable to the Pixel. Maybe there is some promise to this arrangement. Having said that, I am still not plunking $600+ CAD on a mid-range device. BlackBerry needs to get the same software on the Priv.
    03-01-17 11:15 AM
    I sure hope so. I just watched a video of the K1 and it seems very nice actually. The UI is buttery smooth, comparable to the Pixel. Maybe there is some promise to this arrangement. Having said that, I am still not plunking $600+ CAD on a mid-range device. BlackBerry needs to get the same software on the Priv.
    Oh me neither. Marshmallow or Nougat, I still got at least a year left on my Priv, considering I overpaid for it to start with. I'm just pointing out that TCL should and must see this otherwise it will harm their own BB Mobile devices image in the market.

Not overly worried about lack of support for my Priv though, considering Google just phased out 2.3 recently. I mean it's an Android phone.
    bibbula likes this.
    03-01-17 11:19 AM
    Exactly. Without an OS update the Priv will be good for another 2-3 years easily.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 12:54 PM
    Except with the PlayBook
    BB: "Playbook? We never made a Playbook! You must have us confused with RIM!!!!"
    dejanh likes this.
    03-01-17 02:14 PM
    BB: "Playbook? We never made a Playbook! You must have us confused with RIM!!!!"
    Sadly joke can be applied to Priv with BB Mobile. Though DTEK50 and 60 are a bit of a gray area.
    FF22 and dejanh like this.
    03-01-17 02:15 PM
34 12