At this rate we really only will get Marshmellow by the time N drops.

Blackberry is an android OEM now, this is big boy stuff.

So, when N update coming out?

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    03-09-16 01:45 PM
    Right now its only a developmental preview build. The new Android Beta program is a new twist so more people can try out new builds with updates going over OTA for supported Nexus devices.

For Nexus devices production N will drop later in the summer. Android OEMs winter/spring 2017.

Finally split-screen support!
    Last edited by Ment; 03-09-16 at 02:57 PM. Reason: date
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-09-16 02:04 PM

Please tell me you're kidding

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    bluetroll, Rello, Fr3lncr and 2 others like this.
    03-09-16 02:52 PM
    Their developer conference isn't until May. I wouldn't expect RTM type release on Nexus until September or so.

As of right now, only 2.3% of devices have Marshmallow.
    anon(55900) likes this.
    03-09-16 03:08 PM

As mentioned, only a minuscule minority are using Marshmallow (2.3%). Despite the much greater lengths BlackBerry has taken to make it Priv-ready (security and hardening), it is apparently in carrier testing now.

This is no small thing. Blackphone 2 will probably never see Marshmallow.

I don't know what the future will hold, but right now, between Marshmallow development, app updates, and monthly security patches, BlackBerry is bringing its A game.
    03-09-16 03:18 PM
    Don't care. Just want to see Marshmallows!

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-09-16 03:25 PM
    Please tell me you're kidding

Why would I be kidding?

Well I am exaggerating a bit, I know it's way ahead of time to release.

But I sure hope someone at BlackBerry is downloading it, and at least taking a look.

Although I doubt it.

03-09-16 03:30 PM
    As mentioned, only a minuscule minority are using Marshmallow (2.3%). Despite the much greater lengths BlackBerry has taken to make it Priv-ready (security and hardening), it is apparently in carrier testing now.

This is no small thing. Blackphone 2 will probably never see Marshmallow.

I don't know what the future will hold, but right now, between Marshmallow development, app updates, and monthly security patches, BlackBerry is bringing its A game.
    Bla bla bla, so? They told the priv will get android m....they told the PlayBook will get BB10, they told BB10 is not dead.....hehehe.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 03:52 PM
    BlackBerry has always been a year or two behind when it came to specs so it only makes sense that they'll be a year or two behind with android software.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 03:57 PM
    Guys, better for M to be a stable release and have gone through QC and other checks. I think we take it for granted that our 5.1.1 has been relatively trouble-free and stable.

Like I said in another thread, I have bad memories of botched/buggy releases of Eclair, Froyo, and Gingerbread on my previous android/nexus devices.

gizmo21 and gvs1341 like this.
    03-09-16 04:06 PM
    Guys, better for M to be a stable release and have gone through QC and other checks. I think we take it for granted that our 5.1.1 has been relatively trouble-free and stable.

Like I said in another thread, I have bad memories of botched/buggy releases of Eclair, Froyo, and Gingerbread on my previous android/nexus devices.

Haha, well as someone who was bricked by the last security update, I hope QC will be better for MM.
    03-09-16 04:56 PM
    I think it not too unreasonable to expect mm now. It was BlackBerry that said first quarter release. At all least they could throw us a bone and give us an update on their progress.
    03-09-16 05:53 PM
    I think it not too unreasonable to expect mm now. It was BlackBerry that said first quarter release. At all least they could throw us a bone and give us an update on their progress.
    They said first quarter update on the release not 1st quarter release.

chuckiev79 likes this.
    03-09-16 06:10 PM
    They said first quarter update on the release not 1st quarter release.

Yup. They could announce it on March 31st for release in December, and they'd still technically be in time.

But BlackBerry is always late anyway.

03-09-16 06:22 PM
    I'm trying really hard to want to buy a priv, the possibility of not getting marshmallow is a major negative in comparison to a phone with marshmallow out of the box (s7).

With only mentioning an announcement will happen first quarter is pretty loose.
    A date, or quarter when we will get it would at least put some pressure on.

I understand fixing issues with lollipop, but if they were anywhere close to releasing marshmallow would they still be working on fixes(or updates as with the launcher) for lollipop?
    Sounds like it's a ways off to me...
    03-09-16 07:09 PM
    BB will get Marshmallow eventually, Samsung devices are just getting it now so a late March/April time-frame is not horribly bad.
    03-09-16 07:13 PM
    Here's a quick video from technobuffalo about Android N SDK

C'mon blackberry, you have only 1 device now, how hard is it to update it already?
    03-09-16 07:19 PM
    BB will get Marshmallow eventually, Samsung devices are just getting it now so a late March/April time-frame is not horribly bad.
    Blackberry has only 1 device to support at the moment... it's about time. HTC A9 shipped in november with 6.0 already, and HTC isn't doing well either.

Not to mention that Samsung's OS is very customized, Blackberry is very stock'ish
    03-09-16 07:20 PM
    Blackberry has only 1 device to support at the moment... it's about time. HTC A9 shipped in november with 6.0 already, and HTC isn't doing well either.
    BB is also the least experienced with Android. I can see them being very cautious in major platform updates.
    03-09-16 07:22 PM

English please!

Android Nutella will release in 7 months. Most oems will get the update out it in 12-18 months.

Based on every other android release ever made in history

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    03-09-16 07:22 PM
    BB is also the least experienced with Android. I can see them being very cautious in major platform updates.
    Also is one of the least customized ones, unlike touchwiz
    03-09-16 07:24 PM
    Also is one of the least customized ones, unlike touchwiz
    On the UI end. Under the hood it has a whole separate framework, Blackberry Services that interfaces with pretty much every level of Android. BB isn't super late yet. If it comes to end of April and there no date certain I'll join the complaint parade.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    03-09-16 07:29 PM
    If priv had marshmallow out now which is very quick release time (less then 2.5% phones on earth use M)

I still wouldn't update!!!

M is very buggy and unreliable. And nothing wrong with L.

Only thing I want is doze from M. And even then not so much since my battery is nearing 6 hrs sot up from 5 after deleting facebook

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    03-09-16 07:29 PM
    On the UI end. Under the hood it has a whole separate framework, Blackberry Services that interfaces with pretty much every level of Android. BB isn't super late yet. If it comes to end of April and there no date certain I'll join the complaint parade.
    Samsung has a similar security sistem in their OS (AKA KNOX)
    03-09-16 07:30 PM
    Samsung has a similar security sistem in their OS (AKA KNOX)
    Agreed which is why they should be more compared to Samsung updates than OEMs who make fewer modifications and enterprise validation concerns like LG.
    03-09-16 07:42 PM
81 123 ...