I installed Android File Transfer, plug my phone into my Mac and select MTP mode for my USB computer connection in Android (notification menu once connected), but Android File Transfer doesn't recognize the phone...

Anyone know what the problem could be here? This is what it tells me to do in Priv help as well. I followed the steps.
    11-11-15 05:33 PM
    Idk. I think you may have to enable developer settings, and allow USB debugging prior to connecting the phone. Then select the MTP mode etc. This is a pure guess though as I have found this solution online.
    11-11-15 05:56 PM
    Thanks for the tips. Getting a little closer but phone still not getting recognized in MTP mode. Camera (PTP) mode works and so does Mount SD Card to access info on the card...

I am actually very surprised how difficult this is just to get music on the phone following the phone and Google's instructions..

Again, thanks for your help and will keep looking into this.
    kertong likes this.
    11-11-15 06:34 PM
    Mine connected right away.... But then again I'm on Yosemite. Didn't have to change any settings. Just install file manager and plugged it in
    11-11-15 06:37 PM
    Doh, I always feel regret upgrading OS X. Always some headaches. Thanks and sounds like it could be El Capitan
    11-11-15 06:43 PM
    Any idea of the folder structure when you transfer music on an SD card? Maybe if I put my card in the computer and transfer that way and hopefully get the music app to recognize when I put it back into the phone.
    11-11-15 07:05 PM
    for music i bought poweramp a long time ago... searches the phone. I just have a folder on my sd card called 'music' and it's off to the races
    11-11-15 07:07 PM
    Try this one. It's an app 'AirMore'. The link below includes instructions on how to transfer pictures either wifi or USB. I think this can also do the same for music. It seems to be specifically for el capitan too.

Easy Ways to Transfer Photos from Android to Mac
    11-11-15 07:22 PM
    Try this one. It's an app 'AirMore'. The link below includes instructions on how to transfer pictures either wifi or USB. I think this can also do the same for music. It seems to be specifically for el capitan too.

Easy Ways to Transfer Photos from Android to Mac
    Thanks, will give this a try now.

EDIT: Oh geeze, plugged it in and now all of a sudden file transfer works. But there is no music folder on the SD card...Maybe because it was low battery? Now its 80% and just works, but same this happened this morning when it was 40%.
    11-11-15 08:17 PM
    It's not an el captain issue, im running it on mine without issues.

You need that android transfer app/driver on your mac. I had it installed because I had to get it for my note 4. When I plugged my priv in the drives came up.

Posted via Priv
    11-11-15 11:55 PM
    It's not an el captain issue, im running it on mine without issues.

You need that android transfer app/driver on your mac. I had it installed because I had to get it for my note 4. When I plugged my priv in the drives came up.

Posted via Priv
    I've downloaded the android file transfer app, but the app does not recognize the phone. It says that no android device is connected. Do I need to download a separate driver?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-27-15 05:56 PM