There's interest, almost all positive, on XDA, but not seeing any puddles of urine.
    lift and Technomotive like this.
    10-17-15 11:19 AM
    To each their own, but I honestly think there are other Android devices more exciting than the Blackberry Pervert.
    10-17-15 02:04 PM
    Unproven cause BB never built an android phone. As opposed to other company that have been building them for many years....
    But just consider the buzz surrounding OnePlus. They had never made an Android phone either, and many users gave them a shot over Samsung, LG, etc.
    Xaiux likes this.
    10-17-15 02:09 PM
    Goes to show how money speaks and not so much reputation. BlackBerry has had a good reputation building solid devices but not many seem to care as much when these days it's all about bang per buck in some countries.
    10-17-15 05:01 PM
    But just consider the buzz surrounding OnePlus. They had never made an Android phone either, and many users gave them a shot over Samsung, LG, etc.
    How much the one plus when first came out?
    10-17-15 11:57 PM
    I can get it for 6th November with Carphone Warehouse.

Posted via CB10
    I'm impressed you were one of the first to order the phone. I'm a BlackBerry die heart. The phone is just to big for me otherwise I would do the same. "Maybe" I will buy one for my wife, but she doesn't like changes no matter how much better it is.

Good on you!

PIN 829A
    10-18-15 01:28 AM
    It's true, the only negatively is here on CrackBerry.

BlackBerry will bolster Android's security and perhaps even start a new "revolution" in creating secure smartphones.
    I agree sometimes I think CrackBerry scares more people away from BlackBerry than anything BlackBerry does or says. CB might be its' own enemy.

PIN 829A
    DolemiteDONS and 00stryder like this.
    10-18-15 01:32 AM
    Goes to show how money speaks and not so much reputation. BlackBerry has had a good reputation building solid devices but not many seem to care as much when these days it's all about bang per buck in some countries.
    It is in Thailand.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    10-18-15 05:33 AM
    It is in Thailand.

Bravo! Well done!
    10-18-15 11:49 AM
    I agree sometimes I think CrackBerry scares more people away from BlackBerry than anything BlackBerry does or says. CB might be its' own enemy.

PIN 829A
    This is true.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Mr4aces and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-18-15 02:30 PM
    How much the one plus when first came out?
    Good point

10-18-15 02:30 PM
    Bravo! Well done!
    Thanks, I'm here all week.

10-18-15 02:37 PM
    Building a phone with Android is the easy route, every chinese manufacturer makes one. Blackberry actually made tones of phones running their own OS, that's a big deal.
    This is true too. But even now most of Chinese made phones are still warms up like hot cake, only some begin to learn how to get it right... and they are priced very very competitively.

Things can go wrong in so many places... Battery overheat, weak antenna, underpowered graphics, etc etc. The risk is not that it's hard, but it's the first time.

Remember the underpowered playbook so they can't put BB10 on it?

Not saying they are doomed to fail, on the contrary they are more likely to get it right eventually. Product usually takes generations to mature, it doesn't matter who you are, how easy or difficult it is. Even Apple can screw up Apple Map product, which is not exactly a ground breaking new tech.

All being said and done, Chen is the guy to make the call and he is the guy has all the information relevant to this topic. Who knows, maybe the pricing will be reasonable, or the pricing has to be whatever they set to to make it a profitable business.

Even Silicon Valley is transitioning to be more like Wall Street, what's wrong to care more about profit than adoption ratio?

10-18-15 02:47 PM
    "Unproven phone"

What does this even mean? Can you articulate what BlackBerry needs to do to make this a "proven" phone? I swear CB is the only place where such nonsense gets thrown around. What is proven about any new device that is released? You're not buying a pair of worn-in shoes. Just because people loved the Note series up to Note 5, does not mean that they like the Note 5. A lot of users are pissed of at Samsung for removing the SD card and removable battery, especially the SD card. Those were "proven" phones, no? What difference did it make?
    Can you please tell me of any OEM that make a profit selling phones with Android other than Samsung?
    Let's see 92% of smartphone profits are for Apple, of the remaining 8% a good chunk is Samsung then all the others. To me the 5m units that Blackberry dreams of selling won't generate enough to keep it as a viable oem in the Android space.
    10-19-15 01:19 PM
    Can you please tell me of any OEM that make a profit selling phones with Android other than Samsung?
    Let's see 92% of smartphone profits are for Apple, of the remaining 8% a good chunk is Samsung then all the others. To me the 5m units that Blackberry dreams of selling won't generate enough to keep it as a viable oem in the Android space.
    I guess all the other oem's make Smartphones for free then. Gosh, that's jolly decent of them.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    10-19-15 01:43 PM
    The M9 failed because it was a crappy retread of the M8, Qualcomm had nothing to do with it.
    The M8 was always regarded as a well built phone, with awesome specs and audio. Do you know why it what not a "success?" The camera; that's really it. The camera AND the overheating CPU killed the M9.
    10-19-15 02:00 PM
    Not sure where your profit data came from but with respect to shipments, apple is currently at 15% (down from 12% 3 yrs ago) and Samsung currently about 50% higher than apple. I would certainly not believe profit reports and absolutely not apple's lol. Assuming, like UK guy says, the other manufacturers are not being totally altruistic, then there's money to be made.

ref: http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-market-share.jsp
    10-19-15 02:09 PM
    M9 is bad because of Qualcomm, not really a good example. Itself is a well built phone.
    The M9 didn't sell because it has the worst camera of any of the 2015 flagship phones. I briefly owned an M9 and the camera is ridiculously bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-19-15 02:59 PM
    Not sure where your profit data came from but with respect to shipments, apple is currently at 15% (down from 12% 3 yrs ago) and Samsung currently about 50% higher than apple. I would certainly not believe profit reports and absolutely not apple's lol. Assuming, like UK guy says, the other manufacturers are not being totally altruistic, then there's money to be made.

ref: IDC: Smartphone Market Share 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012
    I was not saying market share but market profits
    Apple Reportedly Raking In 92% Of Smartphone Industry?s Profits
    10-20-15 12:00 PM
    No surprise. I mean if you are married to Google services and are a hacker / developer / smart person you should be exited about BlackBerry and Google working together. No one wants to prevent being hacked more than a hacker / droid / data fisher / war driving / WiFi sniffing android user.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    10-20-15 01:12 PM

ref: IDC: Smartphone Market Share 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012
    How is 15% down from 12%?
    10-20-15 02:50 PM
    meant to say, 14 down from 17 (see link)
    10-20-15 02:54 PM
    And Samsung is having problems at the top end of their line.... They just cut pricing on some of their Galaxy devices, and now it's rumored they have moved up the release of the Galaxy S7 to January.

Which will give the Android FanBoys something else to be excited over... before the PRIV even gets here. (actually sounds like a interesting device based on some of the rumors)
    10-20-15 03:21 PM
73 123