Take a look at XDA Developers, /r/Android and various Android forums. There is a lot of attention being given to the Priv and most of it is extremely positive other than the name.

Someone said the phone of 2015 may end up being the phone of the year if released this year and other die hard Android fanboys agreed.

This is good! Excitement is brewing

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-16-15 11:20 AM
    It will get botched somehow lol

Posted via CB10
    vanrickman and ryanza like this.
    10-16-15 11:24 AM
    Don't trust fansites.
    10-16-15 11:25 AM
    It will get botched somehow lol

Posted via CB10
    Probably delayed for another year.

Remember... their motto is:
    "BlackBerry - Coming Soon�"

10-16-15 11:25 AM
    Take a look at XDA Developers, /r/Android and various Android forums. There is a lot of attention being given to the Priv and most of it is extremely positive other than the name.

Someone said the phone of 2015 may end up being the phone of the year if released this year and other die hard Android fanboys agreed.

Well nobody has mentioned the price yet... so that's that.
    anon3230140 and ryanza like this.
    10-16-15 11:29 AM
    Price & Benchmarks.... that's what the Android guys "really" get excited about.

Based on what Carphone Wareouse has indicated about the price.... some of the excitement is about to damping down

Still have to really see what the BlackBerry Experience is on the PRIV and how it affects overall performance.... once the phone has been benchmarked and compared to some other Android Devices. Then you'll know where the Android's community lies when it comes to BlackBerry.

But most these guys change their mind every few months as the next big thing gets released...... With January coming and the 820 Processors and CES, BlackBerry has a short window.
    ryanza likes this.
    10-16-15 11:41 AM
    excitement is one thing but that has to translates to sales
    10-16-15 11:41 AM
    I can get it for 6th November with Carphone Warehouse.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-16-15 11:51 AM
    Eh who knows. Maybe this will be the last ever BlackBerry phone and become a collector's item.

BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-16-15 11:57 AM
    Eh who knows. Maybe this will be the last ever BlackBerry phone and become a collector's item.

If this is the last phone from BlackBerry, Passport will become a collectable, not Priv.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-16-15 12:02 PM
    If this is the last phone from BlackBerry, Passport will become a collectable, not Priv.

First and last Android phone from BlackBerry? I would argue it's more collectible. Passport only gets merit as the only one in its form factor.
    Xaiux likes this.
    10-16-15 12:07 PM
    I can get it for 6th November with Carphone Warehouse.

Posted via CB10
    Sweet, good news.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    10-16-15 12:59 PM
    First and last Android phone from BlackBerry? I would argue it's more collectible. Passport only gets merit as the only one in its form factor.
    There are so many other Android phones around, but there are no BB10 phones anymore. And Passport is the last flagship.

10-16-15 01:07 PM
    LG Optimus Vu?
    10-16-15 01:52 PM

Seeing all the topics you're starting it sounds you're the one who's the most excited
    jhimmel likes this.
    10-16-15 02:08 PM
    It's true, the only negatively is here on CrackBerry.

BlackBerry will bolster Android's security and perhaps even start a new "revolution" in creating secure smartphones.
    10-16-15 02:18 PM
    LG Optimus Vu?
    Keyboard.
    10-16-15 02:20 PM
    Moving 5m units in a year on the Android platform should be easy.

Here's what is considered "terrible" in the Android world HTC?s One M9 handset is suffering from terrible sales performance. HTC M9, ~4.5m units is terrible. I can say with utmost confidence that if Chen hits ~4.5m in sales of the Priv, we'll see another BlackBerry handset.

I am also confident in the BlackBerry Priv selling better than the HTC M9.
    10-16-15 02:32 PM

Here's what is considered "terrible" in the Android world HTC?s One M9 handset is suffering from terrible sales performance. HTC M9, ~4.5m units is terrible. I can say with utmost confidence that if Chen hits ~4.5m in sales of the Priv, we'll see another BlackBerry handset.

M9 is bad because of Qualcomm, not really a good example. Itself is a well built phone.
    10-16-15 02:42 PM
    I'm not that confident. Even a lower ranked Android OEM spends alot on marketing, part of the reason why actual profits are low to non-existent even if they sell millions of units. Don't expect mass market ads from BB at all for Priv except perhaps Canada. BB10 will fall to 2M for 2016 and Priv will fill out the rest to meet Chen's 5M goal.
    10-16-15 02:43 PM
    M9 is bad because of Qualcomm, not really a good example. Itself is a well built phone.
    You missed the point. Look at the numbers. You almost have to try to fail to sell just 5m units in Android space. In HTC's case, Qualcomm helped them make that happen.
    I'm not that confident. Even a lower ranked Android OEM spends alot on marketing, part of the reason why actual profits are low to non-existent even if they sell millions of units. Don't expect mass market ads from BB at all for Priv except perhaps Canada. BB10 will fall to 2M for 2016 and Priv will fill out the rest to meet Chen's 5M goal.
    What Android marketing? 95% of Android marketing is done by Samsung, and the other 5% by LG. It is a bit more than anecdotal evidence when every single mall in a city of 2m people has the same adverts, iPhone and Samsung. When was the last time that you were being targeted with an HTC flagship that you didn't happen to search for on Google first?

This phone will sell very well for BlackBerry standards. I am not expecting a brand resurgence.
    10-16-15 02:46 PM

I agree it should....well see when US and Canada pricing is announced how that might affect it
    dejanh likes this.
    10-16-15 02:56 PM
    What Android marketing? 95% of Android marketing is done by Samsung, and the other 5% by LG. It is a bit more than anecdotal evidence when every single mall in a city of 2m people has the same adverts, iPhone and Samsung. When was the last time that you were being targeted with an HTC flagship that you didn't happen to search for on Google first?

This phone will sell very well for BlackBerry standards. I am not expecting a brand resurgence.
    There were TV ad buys in the States for HTC flagship. There wasn't saturation like Samsung but they spend hundreds of millions on ads and no one except Apple is touching that. I expect Priv to be low key even in comparison to HTC or Moto. I'll be pleasantly surprised if an ad shows up in a financial channel like CNBC.
    10-16-15 03:13 PM
    There were TV ad buys in the States for HTC flagship. There wasn't saturation like Samsung but they spend hundreds of millions on ads and no one except Apple is touching that. I expect Priv to be low key even in comparison to HTC or Moto.
    Yep, I saw a few of those too in Canada. Doesn't change anything about my previous statements.
    10-16-15 03:16 PM
    Price & Benchmarks.... that's what the Android guys "really" get excited about.

Based on what Carphone Wareouse has indicated about the price.... some of the excitement is about to damping down

Still have to really see what the BlackBerry Experience is on the PRIV and how it affects overall performance.... once the phone has been benchmarked and compared to some other Android Devices. Then you'll know where the Android's community lies when it comes to BlackBerry.

But most these guys change their mind every few months as the next big thing gets released...... With January coming and the 820 Processors and CES, BlackBerry has a short window.
    But what XDA (specifically) can show us is how to remove Google and/or carrier bloatware and choose what we want to keep. XDA is very informative. Needless to say, they will attempt to root it.
    10-16-15 03:29 PM
73 123