I had this thought that piggybacks on what Bla1ze said about the conspiracy of John Chen wanting hardware to fail so he can exit hardware to software only.

My thought is, BlackBerry is conditioning/transitioning it's user-base to Android. Why? Well because when/IF they leave the hardware side of things, BB users will already be used to Android and won't cry/complain as much BECAUSE we are already used to the Android OS. BlackBerry will then continue to develop their software Suite and then we can make ANY Android OEM into a BlackBerry.

Everyone wins??

Again, my own thoughts and opinion. Of course this could NOT be BlackBerry's agenda. We will have to wait and see. In the mean time, BUY THE PRIV!
    10-26-15 05:32 PM
    I had this thought that piggybacks on what Bla1ze said about the conspiracy of John Chen wanting hardware to fail so he can exit hardware to software only.

My thought is, BlackBerry is conditioning/transitioning it's user-base to Android. Why? Well because when/IF they leave the hardware side of things, BB users will already be used to Android and won't cry/complain as much BECAUSE we are already used to the Android OS. BlackBerry will then continue to develop their software Suite and then we can make ANY Android OEM into a BlackBerry.

Everyone wins??

Again, my own thoughts and opinion. Of course this could NOT be BlackBerry's agenda. We will have to wait and see. In the mean time, BUY THE PRIV!
    It is actually quite simple. BlackBerry wants to stay in the hardware business in order to support the main part of their business now: software and services, including BES.

BlackBerry found that BB10 was not profitable and has decided to try the much larger Android market.

If the Priv is successful, there will be more Android devices, if not BlackBerry will exit the hardware side of its business and continue with software and services only.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-26-15 05:40 PM
    Ahh okok

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 07:50 PM
    Listen again to the Code/Mobile interview. He wants to secure the Android device and meet all the security certs that are on BB10. That way his enterprise/gov't customers will feel comfortable transitioning to a BB android. Whether that happens with the Priv or the next generation remains to be seen.
    10-26-15 08:00 PM
    I don't believe they want out of hadrware per se but I do believe they and Google do have some sort of understanding that if BB can deliver a bullet proof android device, then they might be getting into bed together. But even if GOOG absorbs BBRY which I believe is probable, there's still room for a BB hardware division within Google
    10-26-15 08:10 PM
    It is actually quite simple. BlackBerry wants to stay in the hardware business in order to support the main part of their business now: software and services, including BES.

BlackBerry found that BB10 was not profitable and has decided to try the much larger Android market.

If the Priv is successful, there will be more Android devices, if not BlackBerry will exit the hardware side of its business and continue with software and services only.
    I'd say that's a good summary

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-27-15 01:24 AM