So I just read AC's list of "Most Secure" Android phones, they say Nexus 6 because it is the 1st to receive updates from Google. They rate the Priv 2nd and actually said the Priv usually receives updates BEFORE Google sends them out, and oh yeah, and it has "root of trust", but it is still 2nd???
    Just the other day they said the Nexus phones were the best for modifying and rooting?? Are they on the Google payroll? Conflicting info and love for all things Google/Nexus...and now the Pixel.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 09:41 AM
    i think this is another one of those security perspectives running along the lines of... what's more secure... something 100% locked down, or something that is open to everyone thus allowing a potentially infinite number of people to find flaws/bugs/defects, and in turn allow them to be patched immediately and thus making original state more secure from an overall ...long-game perspective...

I think.... lol

edit#1: and there's something to be said about nexus running android 7 and priv not.
    Last edited by Esgetn2hoT; 10-03-16 at 11:07 AM.
    10-03-16 09:49 AM
    Thing is nexus has nougat now. I'm pretty sure...

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 Phone
    10-03-16 09:56 AM
    I've read that article, BS in my opinion. 6P is not the most secure Android device out there. They just said so because they're biased to their Android devices, for them BlackBerry is a foreigner in Android. Since when will google make a more secure device than BB which is an already established player in that segment.

Even if they give people OS updates before BB, it's irrelevant, what matters is security updates and we match them and even beat them with the security solutions and the hardening. Who patched Quadrooter first?

Why would BlackBerry spend their time and money on making a secure android, if Nexus devices have it already? Ralph Pini said that the move to android cost them so much that they couldn't market the devices later on. When Google worked with BlackBerry on a Secure Android(TM), it was an admission from them that BB's Android is more secure than anything out there.

Its just Android Biased total-BS. You didn't really expect AndroidCentral to say BlackBerry is the most secure one out there, can't just be that easy.
    10-03-16 11:07 AM
    Just the other day they said the Nexus phones were the best for modifying and rooting?? Are they on the Google payroll? Conflicting info and love for all things Google/Nexus...and now the Pixel.

Posted via CB10
    The best for modifying and rooting = the best for security.

Haha. These guys are hilarious.
    10-03-16 11:11 AM
    BS.
    10-03-16 11:19 AM
    Exactly - this alone says so much of why BlackBerry just couldn't get back in the game. It wasn't due to their products I can assure you.

#whatisclassic
    10-03-16 11:20 AM
    So I just read AC's list of "Most Secure" Android phones, they say Nexus 6 because it is the 1st to receive updates from Google. They rate the Priv 2nd and actually said the Priv usually receives updates BEFORE Google sends them out, and oh yeah, and it has "root of trust", but it is still 2nd???

Posted via CB10
    That's right, because Android Central Knows stuff !

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    10-03-16 11:22 AM
    10-03-16 11:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Nexus 6p/5x get monthly updates period, and this is why those two are at the top of the list. The Priv owners out there may or may not be getting monthly updates and there's STILL Priv owners on Lollipop whereas the Nexus 6, 6p, and 5x have Android 7/Nougat. That means that all the scary Android things people read about and post here on CrackBerry including root vulnerabilities are taken care of for Nexus owners, but not for all BlackBerry Priv owners. If the Priv didn't have carrier blocking updates, it could possibly be on par with the Nexus series.

As for rooting, they specifically state the Nexus series was originally intended for developers who back then needed to have root access to be able to develop. Fast forward to today, where rooting is just an aside and not necessary unless owners want full access and know what they're doing. Granted, there are some clowns out there creating malware that tries to get root access, but as long as users aren't going outside the Google Play Store and/or downloading apps that nobody's heard of there's not going to a problem. Also - research your developers, don't just trust them because they have a lot of downloads and/or are highly rated. So while the BlackBerry Android devices can't be rooted, they can have user-installed malware on devices not updated to Android versions with the holes patched. Again, the Nexus outpaces the Priv here, and so is more secure.
    Laura Knotek and Ronindan like this.
    10-03-16 11:54 AM