"It turns out BlackBerry can make one hell of an Android phone."

"Should you buy it? Absolutely."

Read the review here: BlackBerry Priv Review | Android Central

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 11:29 PM
    The comments of the review were surprisingly positive. Seems like this phone should sell really well
    11-06-15 12:07 AM
    If you read the Gizmondo Review or the Ars technica UK review you could think they were reviewing two totally different phones. So who is right? Since Gizmondo and Ars Technica are the typically paid Blackberry bashers I tend to ignore their so called reviews, but it would be nice from BlackBerry if they would adress the points of these "reviews"

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:41 AM
    I mean, of course Android Central is going to post a good article. Do you think Kevin would let them post something negative?

Joking aside, it is surprising to see how different every review is. There are some like this that are overwhelmingly positive, some that are in the middle, and others that downright bash. It really goes to show how hard it can be to form your own opinion on any phone unless you try it out for yourself. I will be checking it out tomorrow at my local AT&T store.
    Last edited by CarGuy1368; 11-06-15 at 01:47 AM.
    11-06-15 01:33 AM
    If you read the Gizmondo Review or the Ars technica UK review you could think they were reviewing two totally different phones. So who is right? Since Gizmondo and Ars Technica are the typically paid Blackberry bashers I tend to ignore their so called reviews, but it would be nice from BlackBerry if they would adress the points of these "reviews"

Posted via CB10
    Maybe one of them had a semi defective unit? And never bothered to return?
    11-06-15 01:37 AM
    Android Central review excited about the PRIV-img_20151106_014142.png

There's quite a few reviews out!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    I actually think the Ars review is not bad, they generally are balanced with their reviews. Almost sounds more like missing software updates and a bad build with the back cover. Hopefully just a lemon they got.

Gizmodo I chose not to read. I only read Lifehacker to bash their bad hacks and Jalopnik for the comments out of the Gawker Media sites.
    11-06-15 05:31 AM
    I mean, of course Android Central is going to post a good article. Do you think Kevin would let them post something negative?

Joking aside, it is surprising to see how different every review is. There are some like this that are overwhelmingly positive, some that are in the middle, and others that downright bash. It really goes to show how hard it can be to form your own opinion on any phone unless you try it out for yourself. I will be checking it out tomorrow at my local AT&T store.
    Which is rather worrying with the build quality. Software can be fixed over the air but hardware not so much. But I'll reserve judgment until I have first hand experience. I've owned many things with bad reviews and it end up great and I used it for a long time, i.e. my Palm Pre.
    11-06-15 05:33 AM