Buy a new phone support BlackBerry!

That's why iPhone successful...their user Base upgrade to new device every year which means sales = profit for company. imo
    I've had 6 new blackberries in the last 7 years, I feel like I've done my part. Lol

I don't like android so I'm skipping the priv. Hoping and praying for a new full touch high specd bb10 phone sometime in the future.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:57 PM
    Yea to those who say BlackBerry 10 devices lag too, I do notice that.

However, I think - at least from the experience of using Android and BlackBerry devices (legacy included), android phones don't age well whereas the BlackBerry 10 ones do.

The Z10 to me, works like a new phone still.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 10:40 PM
    BlackBerry 10 phones also tend to lag. What about iPhones? They also lag after getting the second update OS. Hang on... iPhone 6 lags on iOS9...
    Posted via CB10
    But BlackBerrys only lag for a day or three after an update, then they're good.
    10-25-15 01:56 AM
    My Passport already lags lol

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    I have had the Passport since day 1 and I have a two-year old z30. Both run the latest BB10 OS version with absolutely no lag.
    I don't have any android apps. I watch live Canadian and BBC TV on all of them, including on my PlayBook, from Japan daily. All work as well as new or better. And I don't allow cookies and ads in my browsers.
    10-25-15 05:49 AM
    It's totally wrong, I tell you. I've been using this laptop I bought in 2002, and when I upgraded it to Win 7, it was a lot slower than when it was new. And now it's not even supported by Win 10! How can a Windows laptop not be supported by Windows? I mean, sure, it's 14 years old, but why should that make any difference?
    10-25-15 02:33 PM
    Chen stated that they are working with Google and that they are starting with 5.1.1 and going beyond as time goes by.

If they are working closely with google maybe the Priv will have the updates like the Moto G/X but lets not forget that every new android version has to be secured be blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 04:56 PM
    I've noticed that with android devices - usually within 2 years time the phones can no longer handle the updates. By that I mean it starts to lag very noticably.
    It varies by device. Some are more future-proof than others.

I recently put Marshmallow on my 2013 Nexus 7 for example, and it works perfectly.
    10-25-15 05:11 PM
    I've noticed that with android devices - usually within 2 years time the phones can no longer handle the updates. By that I mean it starts to lag very noticably.

BlackBerry 10 thus far has only made older devices work better (mostly - aside from some bugs).

Something to consider about BlackBerry "powered by Android"

Posted via CB10
    Inaccurate and way out of date info. My one year only Nexus 6 is faster than ever before with Marshmallow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-25-15 08:06 PM
    My G3 was already lagging since last year and the nexus 10 is also pretty horrid on lollipop.

Out of date? Don't think so.

My OnePlus mind you is still working great but battery life dropped from 8 hrs of OST to 4 hrs with a single update.

Yes my nexus 7 2013 is still as good as ever but the 2012 nexus 7 is basically unusable.

I guess it depends on whether it is a stock Android device or not.

To be fair, my Z30 has WiFi problems after the last update so I guess all OS's are prone to issues with each update.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    10-25-15 08:25 PM
    Inaccurate and way out of date info. My one year only Nexus 6 is faster than ever before with Marshmallow.

My G3 was already lagging since last year and the nexus 10 is also pretty horrid on lollipop.

My OnePlus mind you is still working great but battery life dropped from 8 hrs of OST to 4 hrs with a single update.

Yes my nexus 7 2013 is still as good as ever but the 2012 nexus 7 is basically unusable.

To be fair, my Z30 has WiFi problems after the last update so I guess all OS's are prone to issues with each update.

Edit. Double post please delete

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    10-25-15 08:25 PM

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    You have ancient devices, so yes, your data is out of date.

10-25-15 08:26 PM
    You have ancient devices, so yes, your data is out of date.

The G3 isn't ancient.

The Q5, Q10, and Z10 are ancient and they're working better now than at launch.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    Steelsheen likes this.
    10-25-15 08:27 PM
    The G3 isn't ancient.

The Q5, Q10, and Z10 are ancient and they're working better now than at launch.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    Yes. The old G3 will get slower than the old BB10 devices. Current Android devices will not.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 06:51 AM
    OP.... at least in two years most Android devices will get an upgrade. If your sticking with BB10.... good luck with that.
    10-26-15 08:19 AM
39 12