I've noticed that with android devices - usually within 2 years time the phones can no longer handle the updates. By that I mean it starts to lag very noticably.

BlackBerry 10 thus far has only made older devices work better (mostly - aside from some bugs).

Something to consider about BlackBerry "powered by Android"

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:40 AM
    I've noticed that with android devices - usually within 2 years time the phones can no longer handle the updates. By that I mean it starts to lag very noticably.

BlackBerry 10 thus far has only made older devices work better (mostly - aside from some bugs).

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I generally have to reset the Android to get a refresh, like it's out of the box. Similar to an autoloader, though an ota update from BlackBerry avoids the wipe.
    10-24-15 08:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 phones also tend to lag. What about iPhones? They also lag after getting the second update OS. Hang on... iPhone 6 lags on iOS9...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:44 AM
    Buy a new phone support BlackBerry!

That's why iPhone successful...their user Base upgrade to new device every year which means sales = profit for company. imo
    TommyBB and anon(4233372) like this.
    10-24-15 08:47 AM

That's why iPhone successful...their user Base upgrade to new device every year which means sales = profit for company. imo
    its what I do every year
    10-24-15 08:56 AM
    Sorry OP but every new OS will lag eventually on old devices at some poibt, no matter if it's iOS, Android, BB10, or WP10. This is not something new. And, companies are in the business to make money, not lose. So you can't optimize for every generation. Heck, even your common household electronics are built to stop working after so long.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 09:08 AM
    If I'm honest, ever since 10.3.2, my Classic has been slowing down considerably, and battery life was worse.
    10-24-15 09:17 AM
    Yeah, it's just a way of life in the world of phones and tablets. My ipad is that way, my Samsung notes were that way. IOS is better than standard android but not better than pure android such as found on a Nexus product. We hear the Priv will be close to pure with the exception of their security software. I hope we can delete the BlackBerry software if we choose to do so.
    10-24-15 09:18 AM
    Also not fair to list all android phones as the same ...some like Samsung, LG, htc have their own bloatware/skins vs moto phones with stock Android. I've never owned android but this could affect performance with new updates??

Graduated to zedthirty with priv in my sights
    10-24-15 09:30 AM
    its what I do every year
    Me too! I might be upgrading for the 2nd time this year if the Priv is released where I live in 2015. Call me crazy!
    10-24-15 10:04 AM
    I have ios 9 on a iphone 4s that I bought in 2011 it is still very usable (even though the home button is wearing out) running the most up to date apple software. Same is true with my 2013 nexus 7 running marshmallow I have updated from jellybean- > kitkat -> lollipop-> marshmallow and it is still super smooth.

Posted via CB10
    Xaiux and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    10-24-15 10:13 AM
    My Passport already lags lol

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    10-24-15 10:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    People still keep the same phone after 2 years? Lol
    10-24-15 10:42 AM
    BlackBerry 10 phones also tend to lag. What about iPhones? They also lag after getting the second update OS. Hang on... iPhone 6 lags on iOS9...

Posted via CB10
    iOS lags the less by far. a 5 year old iphone 4 is still usable today...
    10-24-15 11:42 AM
    If it's apple they do... I see a heaps of Iphone 4 and iphone 5 in the streets
    10-24-15 11:43 AM

You hit the nail square on the head, Usman. Apple has no worries releasing a new device every year. They KNOW they'll be selling millions no matter what.

SUPPORT THE COMPANY YOU LOVE.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    10-24-15 11:45 AM
    If it's apple they do... I see a heaps of Iphone 4 and iphone 5 in the streets
    Poor saps
    10-24-15 11:52 AM
    Not everyone upgrades every year or two. I know people who still uses 3-4 year old iPhones and Androids. And some people are still using the Z10. That phone is nearly 3 years old.
    Steelsheen likes this.
    10-24-15 12:11 PM
    Not everyone upgrades every year or two. I know people who still uses 3-4 year old iPhones and Androids. And some people are still using the Z10. That phone is nearly 3 years old.
    I'm still using the Z10 Well, until November 6th
    10-24-15 12:14 PM
    For sure. My comment was tongue and cheek
    10-24-15 12:19 PM
    Poor saps
    Other than poor battery life, they are still pretty usefull phones for people that want some basic functions in a small form factor.
    10-24-15 12:28 PM
    I have long thought it was an android conspiracy to keep you upgrading and renewing your contract, every android I ever owned has become almost unusable a few months before its two year anniversary.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 12:34 PM
    I have long thought it was an android conspiracy to keep you upgrading and renewing your contract, every android I ever owned has become almost unusable a few months before its two year anniversary.

Posted via CB10
    They are pretty sh***y with updating. Also because so many android devices are released the carriers usually hold onto the update so people buy the newer devices with the latest updates. This reason alone is why I tend to always use my iPhone as primary device
    10-24-15 12:56 PM
    I'm still using the Z10 Well, until November 6th
    Z10 here until Verizon releases the Priv. Unless I die first! I'm beginning to wonder which....
    10-24-15 01:39 PM
    Z10 here until Verizon releases the Priv. Unless I die first! I'm beginning to wonder which....
    That's a tough call

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    00stryder likes this.
    10-24-15 01:51 PM
39 12