Are all Blackberry 10 devices going to get this new Android/Blackberry OS? Would be cool expecially for the people with a Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 11:19 AM
    I'm not sold on the Android BlackBerry yet. I like the functionality of the hub and I've yet to see anything online that shows the hub.

My day on my BlackBerry is all through the hub and if it's gone....i won't be joining the new evolution of BlackBerry.

I know Chen said he's not giving up on bb10 but from a business standpoint, it wouldn't make sense as he said it's all about the apps.

Being a former Torch owner I love the slider but if it's going to be the same as a Google product, ill stick with what I have or start looking for other phones.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    10-02-15 11:23 AM
    How bout a BlackBerry /Android with BlackBerry Hub?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 11:25 AM
    Are all Blackberry 10 devices going to get this new Android/Blackberry OS? Would be cool expecially for the people with a Passport

Posted via CB10
    Tiny chance for Passport, zero chance for anything else.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    10-02-15 11:25 AM
    Conite I think mostly all Blackberry 10 devices will get Android if this is succesfull due to life cycle. You cannot end the life cycle of the Z30(for example) so soon.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 11:30 AM
    How bout a BlackBerry /Android with BlackBerry Hub?

Posted via CB10
    I'd look at it if it was there. I haven't seen anything yet showing the functionality of the hub and if there is, please show me.

But if it's BlackBerry hardware with keyboard and Android software, secure or not, then to me it's simply an android device and its not going to be something I can work with.

Until then ill use my bb10 until it doesn't work then be forced to go somewhere else. I love the physical keyboard but I've used the Z10 in the past so I can deal with virtual keyboards. But for me it's the hub. It's how my day goes on this device...all through the hub. No hub, ill have to change the way I do things and find another phone to work with.

I've had to start using an iPad recently for some work related apps I can't get anywhere else and it sucks so iOS is out. Don't like / can't work with the Android OS so the only thing really that's out there is Windows phone....but all of that is the last course of action unless BlackBerry comes to the table with hub.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    10-02-15 11:31 AM
    Conite I think mostly all Blackberry 10 devices will get Android if this is succesfull due to life cycle. You cannot end the life cycle of the Z30(for example) so soon.

Posted via CB10
    I couldn't disagree more. It would be a monumental waste of resources.

10-02-15 11:32 AM
    Tiny chance for Passport, zero chance for anything else.

Agree with this -- we've seen evidence of PP running Android.

But even then, I don't think it's as easy as "download-and-install" so I'm half-empty on ANY vestigial BlackBerry having the option to 'switch' to Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 11:34 AM
    The Hub is definitely one of the greatest things BlackBerry ever made

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 11:34 AM
    Agree with this -- we've seen evidence of PP running Android.

But even then, I don't think it's as easy as "download-and-install" so I'm half-empty on ANY vestigial BlackBerry having the option to 'switch' to Android.

Posted via CB10
    It would be good then again allot of people use the passport for work they should not be messing with us like this ha ha

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 11:36 AM