PA, what about PRIV's perfomace?
    Many reviews said that it's luggy sometimes, especially hub
    Hub (so far) has been amazing. I have one email account, facebook, and twitter connected now. It's a solid performer. Really no lag that I can speak to.
    11-10-15 09:03 AM
    Nice review! Now just one question: does the phone get hot under normal use like the initial reviews had stated?
    Mine has gotten warm once when I was quick charging and using Google Maps at the same time. I don't play super intense games on mine (or I haven't yet) so I guess the answer is yes - but it's really not different than any other Android phone, or really anything with a processor and battery. If you use the processor and battery, you can expect it to get warmer.
    11-10-15 09:05 AM
    Enjoy your new Priv. I am getting more and more hesitant on this thing. Passport seems to beat it in my opinion. Maybe not the camera, which I happen to not care. More thoughts need to be done.

Posted via CB10
    This is definitely the nicest Android phone I've used. If you want to use Android - you won't be let down.

Can't speak to switching from BB10. It seems that's where people are not enjoying the experience. I can't help determine how you'll like it if you switch.
    11-10-15 09:10 AM
    After a long time binging (that's right - I bing) I came to this conclusion. It's a bit of a shame.
    Nice things about BBM. It's somewhat encrypted.

It works off of Wi-Fi as well as data, so if you don't have a cell signal, but you do have Wi-Fi, you can still make calls, at least to your BBM contacts.

The video chat, which hopefully will show up on Android, is pretty smooth.

You can get a way to actually communicate with a person without actually giving them your phone number.

Minor things that I find nice at times.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    11-10-15 09:11 AM
    I came over from Android to BB10 earlier this year and felt it was a significant improvement. I didn't hate Android, it was fine, but for what I needed (communication) I felt BB10 was just simply more efficient.

Having said that, I'm not opposed to going back to Android...but I have a hard time seeing my few months old Passport as obsolete. I'm glad the Priv is getting good reviews from Android users. I'm sure it's a great phone. Hopefully it sells well.
    11-10-15 09:13 AM
    I can't figure out how to enable Swiping on the keyboard. It's not working like normal Android keyboards. Can you post how you did that?
    You don't swype on this keyboard, you flick. It gets better and better as it learns your style. After a while, you get where you can almost do whole sentences just flicking words.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    11-10-15 09:14 AM
    I will disagree with the OP concerning the virtual keyboard. Swiping words is a breeze and accurate predictive text the more the smartphone is used, both virtual and physical keyboards.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    My stubby finger(thumb) can't reach the far left side. It(my thumb pad) constantly ends up hitting the enter button moving the cursor down, this is very annoying. It's a two hand phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 09:18 AM
    I can't figure out how to enable Swiping on the keyboard. It's not working like normal Android keyboards. Can you post how you did that?
    11-10-15 09:29 AM
    My stubby finger(thumb) can't reach the far left side. It(my thumb pad) constantly ends up hitting the enter button moving the cursor down, this is very annoying. It's a two hand phone.

Have you tried Swype or Swiftkeys? medic22003 just pointed out that you can't swipe on the Blackberry keyboard. Swiftkeys has the option to resize and place in the corner so it doesn't take up the entire bottom of the screen. I don't know if I'm describing this well, but it makes one handed use for smaller fingers much better because you don't have to reach as far!
    11-10-15 09:35 AM
    Hub (so far) has been amazing. I have one email account, facebook, and twitter connected now. It's a solid performer. Really no lag that I can speak to.
    NIce to hear it. Some reviewers stated that Hub lag comes on deleting a notification.
    The overall performance of Priv? Is fast, or maybe slow some times?
    11-10-15 09:41 AM
    NIce to hear it. Some reviewers stated that Hub lag comes on deleting a notification.
    The overall performance of Priv? Is fast, or maybe slow some times?
    I've literally had no issues with Hub. I don't know if I am putting the load on it that others are, but I love that I can delete junk emails from the notification and they just go away. My only suggestions would be that they would add a "mark as read" option instead of just delete.

Also, some people may not appreciate the aesthetic - it's a bit more like reddit and a lot less like facebook in how beautifully it shows you your information.
    11-10-15 09:57 AM
    There has been a lot of 'crying' on this forum, but I do think it's good for BB10 users to understand that maybe this device isn't catered toward them, but rather as a way to gain a broader user base.
    How dare you make sense!
    mstrblueskys and wincyUt like this.
    11-10-15 10:17 AM
    You came to the wrong parts of this here county talkin about this here virtual keyboard boy!!!

In all seriousness I think you will become fond of the VKB the more you use it, as it really learns what you type in different contextual scenarios and whatnot.

It also supports swipe motions for deleting, special characters, etc.

Seriously dawg its a beast keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    mstrblueskys and wincyUt like this.
    11-10-15 10:23 AM
    Nope I use Android daily. Nexus ten. Hardware sucks has since I've gotten it. OS sucks as well. Wife's lg g3 broke the first week she got hers. She's going to switch back to iPhone and I'll be going back to BlackBerry for as long as they last.

Lol you're comparing a tablet to the phone OS?

Android is not horrible at all. I used BB10, and before that i used BBOS 7.1.

The differences between Android and BB10 are practically non existent compared to the differences between Android and 7.1.

Android on tablets are not a great experience and does not reflect on Android on phones.

While there are some differences between BB10 and Android, jumpng from one to the other shouldnt be that jarring an experience
    11-10-15 01:55 PM
    You came to the wrong parts of this here county talkin about this here virtual keyboard boy!!!

In all seriousness I think you will become fond of the VKB the more you use it, as it really learns what you type in different contextual scenarios and whatnot.

It also supports swipe motions for deleting, special characters, etc.

Seriously dawg its a beast keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    This.
    The BB10 keyboard is one of the best.
    Just needs a couple of minor improvements to be perfect for me.
    1. add a number row.
    2. holding on the fullstop brings up other punctuation mark options
    11-10-15 01:56 PM
    Lol you're comparing a tablet to the phone OS?

Android is not horrible at all. I used BB10, and before that i used BBOS 7.1.

The differences between Android and BB10 are practically non existent compared to the differences between Android and 7.1.

Android on tablets are not a great experience and does not reflect on Android on phones.

While there are some differences between BB10 and Android, jumpng from one to the other shouldnt be that jarring an experience
    Lack of fluidity in the OS, lack of integration, requires awkward screen touches in certain apps or to perform certain functions...no, BB10 and Android are VERY different, and the speed at which I can use a BB10 device can't be matched by an Android device unless it has physical call/end/back buttons.
    11-10-15 02:39 PM
    Lack of fluidity in the OS, lack of integration, requires awkward screen touches in certain apps or to perform certain functions...no, BB10 and Android are VERY different, and the speed at which I can use a BB10 device can't be matched by an Android device unless it has physical call/end/back buttons.
    Saying that, the speed at which some can use Android can not be matched by BB10.
    Like i say there are some differences, and you're one of the few where these differences are major things. Thats ok. I cant say i've come across issues you've claimed. Not sure what you mean awkward screen touches tbh?
    I like BB10, i preferred it. But those differences were minor for me and hasnt really affected the speed at which i use either device
    I hope that BB10 continues and evolves for people like you, and maybe it will evolve into something that can tempt me back.

I'm just hoping this new Blackberry and Android partnership is enough to save Blackberry from Microsoft.
    11-10-15 02:47 PM
    Saying that, the speed at which some can use Android can not be matched by BB10.
    Like i say there are some differences, and you're one of the few where these differences are major things. Thats ok. I cant say i've come across issues you've claimed. Not sure what you mean awkward screen touches tbh?
    I like BB10, i preferred it. But those differences were minor for me and hasnt really affected the speed at which i use either device
    I hope that BB10 continues and evolves for people like you, and maybe it will evolve into something that can tempt me back.

I'm just hoping this new Blackberry and Android partnership is enough to save Blackberry from Microsoft.
    For me, with the Q10, and the Classic, navigation is frustration free. The motions my fingers have to do are consistent. In Android, with the requirement to use 3rd party apps for a lot of functionality, the touch experience is inconsistent.

There might be a few of us on here that prefer an efficient experience vs one full of "apps", but we exist.
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    11-10-15 03:10 PM
    For me, with the Q10, and the Classic, navigation is frustration free. The motions my fingers have to do are consistent. In Android, with the requirement to use 3rd party apps for a lot of functionality, the touch experience is inconsistent.

There might be a few of us on here that prefer an efficient experience vs one full of "apps", but we exist.
    ahh my point is efficiency for some may not be efficiency for others!
    I find my Android is plenty efficient (though i have set up some gestures i will be honest) for my needs. I tend not to use too many apps. I actually keep less apps on my Android then i did on my Z10.
    Communication used to be the major draw of my phone. Blackberry still does that better then anyone, but Android isnt too far behind. The other key feature i require is a good camera. Blackberry is only just starting to catch up there.
    If we ignore the past year or so and focused on the Priv and to a lesser degree the Passport, i'd say Blackberry are starting to get things right.
    They just need to get consistent releases and appropriate pricing sorted!
    There's room for BB10 in the market, and i'd like to see it stick around and receive the fixes and growth it needs
    DolemiteDONS and mstrblueskys like this.
    11-10-15 03:19 PM
    I am glad you liked it.
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    11-10-15 03:59 PM
    It's too bad this great device is being flogged by people who expect it to work like a Blackberry 10 machine and not an Android.
    DolemiteDONS and wincyUt like this.
    11-10-15 04:14 PM
    'The most refreshing and seemingly genuine Priv reviews are from Android users (many who are former BlackBerry customers), and patient BB10 users who appear to have an openness to adapt, even sacrifice a little familarity for a greater gain.'

Funny how android and isheep users had no openness to adapt to BB10. But apparently that's OK.
    11-10-15 04:50 PM
    Funny how android and isheep users had no openness to adapt to BB10. But apparently that's OK.
    After using WebOS for as long as I could, I thought about going to Blackberry, but it felt a bit silly to try to adopt another fringe OS that (at the time) was seemingly on the decline. I've used Android, Windows mobile (from 7-10), and even iOS. Of the three of those I've settled on Android. I've never had the opportunity to try Blackberry because it's been too expensive when I've looked on Craigslist and Ebay, the hardware seemed primitive for a while, and it's been the least attractive ecosystem to be a part of.

That's not to say that the OS is bad at all - and by the strong reaction from the users, I'm sure it's great. I just decided after putting my energy in learning WebOS and then having to change because it fell off, I was going to go with something more stable in the marketplace.

But back to the point, all I wanted to say by this post is that this is a pretty dang nice phone. I'd argue it's the nicest I've owned. And I'm not the only one who's posted this, but in each convo, it's become a bashing of the fact that it's running Android from Blackberry fans and then a bashing back from the Android fans.

It is okay that Android users have never tried Blackberry OS. And it's okay that Blackberry users don't prefer Android OS. What seems inappropriate is the conduct of both sides in that they're making a wonderful piece of technology the basis for an all out assault on other forum users instead of using it as an opportunity to grow as a community and welcome who may be new users here on Crackberry!

Haha, whoa, that was preachy. And now I feel an overwhelming urge to go dance barefoot to Bon Iver music as I plant my organic garden around my peace labyrinth.
    11-10-15 05:12 PM
    Well done for the review. I think finally the consumers out there that previously little knew about that BlackBerry still existed due to a lack of marketing are finally looking over their products. Hopefully it goes well for Priv, the review was honest and very nice to hear from Android users as well welcoming BlackBerry back in the consumer market. (not only enterprise as it is known).

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    11-10-15 05:30 PM
    Breathe of fresh air, OP!!
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    11-10-15 05:42 PM
103 12345