Ditto. Google gave the people lemons and Blackberry made the best lemonade released to date from it. Nuff'said.
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    11-09-15 02:45 PM
    Thanks for the positive review from an Android experienced user.

Funny how most reviews from Android users are overwhelmingly positive while most reviews from BlackBerry users are extremely negative.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    That's because Android users don't know what they're missing by never having used BlackBerry in a dedicated fashion. It's like a toddler figuring out a leap frog pad when we're all on full blown super computers. No need for apps. Just a gimmick and a waste of time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    KAM1138 likes this.
    11-09-15 02:51 PM
    That's because Android users don't know what they're missing by never having used BlackBerry in a dedicated fashion. It's like a toddler figuring out a leap frog pad when we're all on full blown super computers. No need for apps. Just a gimmick and a waste of time.

I think thats kind of ignorant to say. While Im not arguing that most Android users havent used BB10, I dont think many BB10 users actually have gotten the full Android experience either. There are a lot of things that you can only do in Android(widgets for one) that I use all the time. I actually do use a lot of apps on my phone and Ill include snapchat in that. They say people who are very against something they dont know, is because they are afraid of it. Maybe the case?
    11-09-15 03:03 PM
    Thanks for the review, enjoy the phone!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-09-15 03:05 PM
    I think thats kind of ignorant to say. While Im not arguing that most Android users havent used BB10, I dont think many BB10 users actually have gotten the full Android experience either. There are a lot of things that you can only do in Android(widgets for one) that I use all the time. I actually do use a lot of apps on my phone and Ill include snapchat in that. They say people who are very against something they dont know, is because they are afraid of it. Maybe the case?
    Nope I use Android daily. Nexus ten. Hardware sucks has since I've gotten it. OS sucks as well. Wife's lg g3 broke the first week she got hers. She's going to switch back to iPhone and I'll be going back to BlackBerry for as long as they last.

11-09-15 03:09 PM
    Nope I use Android daily. Nexus ten. Hardware sucks has since I've gotten it. OS sucks as well. Wife's lg g3 broke the first week she got hers. She's going to switch back to iPhone and I'll be going back to BlackBerry for as long as they last.

Ok, fair enough. I got nothing. But it sounds like most of your complaints were with the hardware. The iphone is perfect for people who need an easy smartphone.
    11-09-15 03:11 PM
    I think getting the extended care from BlackBerry is a no brainer, especially if the slider mechanism is going to take a lot of abuse. It'll really beneficial in the 2nd year where odds of issues increases.

Posted via CB10
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    11-09-15 03:20 PM
    Ok, fair enough. I got nothing. But it sounds like most of your complaints were with the hardware. The iphone is perfect for people who need an easy smartphone.
    I can't complain about the hardware. It's BlackBerry. But the OS just is horrible

11-09-15 03:23 PM

Funny how most reviews from Android users are overwhelmingly positive while most reviews from BlackBerry users are extremely negative.

I don't think it is funny at all. Android Users are taking a slight step up, whereas Blackberry users are taking a major step down (app selection excepted).

It's amusing to see the attitude of a few posters here that boils down to: If you like the Priv, then your opinion is valid. If you don't, then you're "crying".

Yeah, great examples of being open minded.

Bottom line--If I were an Android User and could upgrade by moving up to BlackBerry--even a small bit of it--I would be happy to do so. But then again--I already did that when I got my Bold 9930, and then Z10, and then Passport. I've already had all that functionality and much more.

KAM
    Last edited by KAM1138; 11-09-15 at 03:43 PM.
    11-09-15 03:25 PM
    So, the last thing I did on my workday on Friday was go to the AT&T store and pick up a new Blackberry Priv. I'm new on the forums here, but not to Mobile Nations. I was with WebOS as long as possible! I LOVED my Palm Pre and Pixi and Hacked Pre 2 to Sprint. After HP killed the mobile OS I loved, I switched to Android because it was the next most open OS and I had become obsessed and dependent on dev support. I had a long list of Android phones as the obsession continued, but I still missed aspects of the Pre and Pixi, including the physical keyboard.

Then something changed. Blackberry leaks showed a physical keyboard in a very svelte device with wireless charging. This was it.

I kept checking and on Friday my AT&T store had the Priv in stock. Picking it up was the last thing I did 'at work' on Friday. The rest of the night I set things up for a full weekend of use. I have a few thoughts so far. We'll start with the disappointments thus far and then get to what I love. I'll tell you right now that there has been a lot of complaining - I don't think it's justified. This is a very nice phone.

The Bad:

The battery has been average. This will get better, but right now it doesn't really hold up after heavy use. Again - this gets better. HTC, ASUS, Samsung, LG, etc. all have battery issues after releases and major updates. It happens. Blackberry will update and improve.

There's something off in the camera. It takes super pictures, but every once in a while the shutter is delayed and I get a pic of whatever I was doing about a second after I thought I had taken the picture.

The on screen keyboard is bad compared to alternatives. Replace it with Swype.

There's a little delay every once in a while when I turn the screen on. Not sure why, but it only turns on to about 10% for a second, then the screen pops up in full.

I can't figure out BBM. Does it do SMS? Right now I'm putting this all on me and not Blackberry.

That's it for what I don't appreciate. It's a short, really picky list. Having used a ton of other Android phones, this is not concerning. I have no experience for Blackberry's in-house OS (besides thinking it was a bit of a copy of WebOS ) but coming from Android phones, I understand these things all happen and it's not a big deal with a device this fresh.

Now can I talk about what I love?

Charging the phone. It's brilliant. First, quick charge. When I need juice, I don't want it to take hours. Now it doesn't. It works. Well. And I am obsessed. Also, it's SO nice having wireless charging back. It doesn't work with all my Qi chargers because of size and location of the charge, but I really feel better about my device taking a wireless charge. The physical plug is going to last much longer.

Dat keyboard, doe! Honestly, I have waited for a long time for any Android manufacturer (literally any - I would have dealt with Touchwiz to have a good physical keyboard) to make a phone with a keyboard that was worth owning. Blackberry did it, and did it really well. The sliding mechanism is tight and solid. I have no concerns right now with how it's going to hold up. I hope it doesn't loosen up and I have no reason to expect it to.

The software is a knockout. Really. Blackberry did a great job making it feel like stock Android with some minimal tools rather than a real hardcore Blackberry first experience. This phone will draw Android users to Blackberry devices. It's a really nice experience. The 'swipe down' on apps with widgets to bring up a widget is brilliant. It's a really good solution to screen and app efficiency (I recommend doing/trying this out with Android Central/Crackberry/Windows Central/iMore apps. It's awesome!). The hub is awesome! Totally. My email stays organized. With Gmail, I'll get a thousand updates and promotions before I notice. Blackberry does a good job keeping on top of those and helping me deal with them efficiently without being annoying.

The hardware is beautiful. The phone looks great. Aesthetics is a personal thing, so I won't dwell too long, but this is a really nice looking device. It's easy to hold thanks to the back of the phone. I haven't had a Blackberry before, but whatever that rubber/plastic/fiberglass stuff on the back is - it's great. The internals of the phone are top specs and the light launcher makes this a really snappy device.

The pictures I get are super. Colors are spot on. It's not like my HTC phones, which would make things warm, or my LG which super saturate. It's just a very nice picture. Perfect for Instagram! OIS is amazing, especially for video. It's really good. It's a lot like magic, but more just great engineering.

There's a lot more to like as I keep playing with the software on this phone. Your main takeaway should be that I love my Priv already (after only one weekend) and if you want it, you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. This is the reaction I remember people used to have back in Blackberry's prime. I don't know that this phone was designed to attract current Blackberry users away from their Blackberry 10 devices because I don't know those at all, but I do know that you will find Android users buying this phone and loving it. So at the very worst, your community is about to grow!
    Nice review! Now just one question: does the phone get hot under normal use like the initial reviews had stated?
    11-10-15 02:41 AM
    Nice review! Now just one question: does the phone get hot under normal use like the initial reviews had stated?
    I can say yes but it does go away. Day five for me, battery still sucks.

11-10-15 06:42 AM
    Will post in every positive thread. I have has such a positive experience with this phone. Also I must have the only Priv in the world with a good battery. The battery life has been outstanding. Either way good to see another positive experience.

Productivity via THE PRIV
    mstrblueskys and wincyUt like this.
    11-10-15 06:48 AM
    I can't complain about the hardware. It's BlackBerry. But the OS just is horrible

I think iPhone ios is the worst of all mobile OS's. I used a iPhone for a few months as my only phone last fall. As did my wife. We both got frustrated by the crappy keyboard and email , calendar integration. Lack of productivity is frustrating.

IPhone is a toy. BlackBerry10 is a business phone mainly. Priv is both!

If you want an all in phone this is it !

posted from my Priv!
    11-10-15 07:00 AM

That's normal because people who have not used BB10 had no clue how good BlackBerry phones are and bb10 people are disappointed by android!
    11-10-15 07:02 AM
    Will post in every positive thread. I have has such a positive experience with this phone. Also I must have the only Priv in the world with a good battery. The battery life has been outstanding. Either way good to see another positive experience.

Productivity via THE PRIV
    Me too for experience. Battery now great !

Re: battery,

1.make sure sync on all emails are set properly and not pulling every second.
    2. Clear recents all the time
    3. Block notifications to all those apps you don't need them for ! ( basically 98% of them)
    4. Turn your screen brightness down.

posted from my Priv!
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-10-15 07:06 AM
    That's normal because people who have not used BB10 had no clue how good BlackBerry phones are and bb10 people are disappointed by android!
    I'm a long time BB10 and brief iPhone 6 user and I am not disappointed at all.
    It is just different and BB10 people just hate change . Very conservative in nature.
    I think it is a way better phone than my Z30 I just dumped for this Priv and not including apps.

posted from my Priv!
    11-10-15 07:09 AM
    Android users are used to constant change and evolution. Blackberry users hold on to the past.

Seriously though, thank you for your review. I'd rather hear honest feedback than constant speculation. Enjoy your new Priv .

Posted via CB10

That's a great observation even when the z10 came out I was mad that it didn't work like my bb7 phones .
    schlemer likes this.
    11-10-15 07:51 AM
    It's a bit of a learning curve for BlackBerry users for some it's big and it is natural to get frustrated and complain. I am in day two and so far so good I'm doing a lot of exploring and trying to find things. I miss bedside mode if anyone knows of an alternative please let me now .

Really enjoying the device

11-10-15 08:00 AM
    Enjoy your new Priv. I am getting more and more hesitant on this thing. Passport seems to beat it in my opinion. Maybe not the camera, which I happen to not care. More thoughts need to be done.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 08:07 AM
    It is just different and BB10 people just hate change . Very conservative in nature.
    I think it is a way better phone than my Z30 I just dumped for this Priv and not including apps.

posted from my Priv!
    Interesting how you're able to discern the motivations and personal nature of everyone who uses BB10. That's a very odd claim.

I don't hate POSITIVE change at all. Changing for its own sake is just inefficient. But what I care about is functionality. MY mobile communications device is a tool, that needs certain functions, and BB10 provides that and works very efficiently. So, while my desire is to have "new and cool" stuff like anyone else, I've never been satisfied with lack of functionality that I've seen in Android (and iOS) devices.

The PRIV Hardware is quite interesting to me, but I'm not sure about the curved screen, nor have I seen anything really demonstrating it being utilized well on the PRIV. Maybe that's out there and I just haven't seen it yet.
    Personally, I think that the small screen on one of those new LG phones seems like a better implementation of that sort of feature.

KAM
    11-10-15 08:19 AM
    PA, what about PRIV's perfomace?
    Many reviews said that it's luggy sometimes, especially hub
    11-10-15 08:26 AM

posted from my Priv!
    Bb10 is the latest OS compared to android or IoS, so it is people on BB10 who actually switched OS more recently...but anyway.
    I thought people who complained about the Priv here were all coming from BB10, not from android.
    11-10-15 08:30 AM
    I will disagree with the OP concerning the virtual keyboard. Swiping words is a breeze and accurate predictive text the more the smartphone is used, both virtual and physical keyboards.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 08:40 AM
    The BlackBerry Priv gets warm when playing intensive games (normal), downloading lots of data or applications (normal), or the device is constantly seeking a data connection (normal). overall the smartphone does not run hot or even warm to the touch beyond the temperature of your fingers/thumbs.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    light_barer likes this.
    11-10-15 08:46 AM
    Swiping words is a breeze and accurate
    I can't figure out how to enable Swiping on the keyboard. It's not working like normal Android keyboards. Can you post how you did that?
    11-10-15 09:01 AM
103 1234 ...