Update on my Android Auto experience after a few weeks:

I use Google Maps and Slacker Radio via Android Auto whilst in the car. Usually I set my destination via Google Maps then start the music playing on Slacker Radio before starting my trip. 90% of the time Slacker Radio will stop playing music after about 10 minutes. Google Maps will continue running for another few minutes then App Connect will die on the VW head unit and the Priv will be disconnected. Sometimes the entire VW head unit will appear to reboot. I then have to disconnect the USB cable on the Priv, start Android Auto app and reconnect the USB cable. Google Maps always picks up right where it left off and Slacker Radio needs a track skip to begin working.

Additional Notes:
    • I am in WiFi range when starting my trip. Not sure if the issue is triggered when I leave WiFi. Slacker seems sensitive to switching between WiFi and LTE
    • I have tried several trips where I make sure Android Auto is the only app running when I start. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
    • Usually the issue only happens once per trip but it has occasionally occurred more than once.

Anyone else having similar issues?

DC
    02-19-16 09:20 AM
    Bonjour � tous! Je suis fran�ais et j'aimerais savoir si vous avez des nouvelles quand � la compatibilit� du Priv avec Android Auto ! Je vous en remercie !
    03-19-16 05:37 AM
    I got an email from Google that a new version has been released that fixes connectivity issues. The version is 1.6.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-23-16 03:25 PM
    Excellent news! I don't see the update yet on my phone but I guess it's slowly percolating through the system.

DC
    03-23-16 03:46 PM
    It definitely works better. It connects every time even without the Android Auto App open.

I got a copy off Apk Mirror. http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...lease-release/

03-23-16 06:01 PM
    Does android auto work any differently or better with MM upgrade?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 04:04 PM
    It seems the same for me. It is reliable. I plug it in and it works. It sometimes disconnects but it is easy to reconnect.

The big fix for me came from Google. I don't think MM made any difference.

05-04-16 04:07 PM
32 12