hey guys,
    what do you think about android 7 coming to priv?
    07-03-16 07:56 PM
    Probably but it won't be a priority, newer devices will get it first and it won't come til next year.
    07-03-16 08:01 PM
    7? I'd jump up and down if Big Red would release 6!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    07-03-16 08:37 PM
    I'd be happy to eventually get mm on AT&T.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    bennett22 likes this.
    07-03-16 08:44 PM
    Yeah let's just pray 6 comes down the pipes...

07-03-16 08:46 PM
    If those 2 (or 3) new BlackBerry Android devices really do get released, it will all but guarantee we will see Nougat.
    mmcclure0453 and deadcowboy like this.
    07-03-16 09:29 PM
    I guess so. BlackBerry has put their commitment since the first day the PRIV was released thay they will keep it up to date, it's just a matter of time before we meet Nougat as referring to the previous MM it took 5-6 months after the release before BlackBerry pushed it on to the PRIV.

Posted via my PRIV by BlackBerry
    07-04-16 08:52 AM
    I too believe blackberry will be prompt to release for Priv.
    07-04-16 09:14 AM
    Question from a future Blackberry Android device buyer...(once I let go of my Passport) Can you not download OS updates from elsewhere other than your carrier like we do on BB10 using Sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 09:17 AM
    I imagine the split screen could cause some problems with the extended on screen keyboard bar on the priv

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 09:17 AM
    BlackBerry has put their commitment since the first day the PRIV was released
    Putting faith in BlackBerry's stated 'commitments' to a product is a quick way to end up disappointed... Keep in mind, to this date they continue to state with great affirmation that BlackBerry is 'still committed to BlackBerry 10', after all... Look how far that commitment has taken us... Most Androids, without rooting and modding, are good for 2 or 3 OS upgrades tops... So the N upgrade isn't out of the question (Priv going 1st with Lollipop, then to Marshmallow and possibly dying with Nougat). I just wouldn't expect anything more than that...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 07-04-16 at 05:51 PM.
    raino and RyanGermann like this.
    07-04-16 09:20 AM
    Question from a future Blackberry Android device buyer...(once I let go of my Passport) Can you not download OS updates from elsewhere other than your carrier like we do on BB10 using Sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    Autoloaders are available, but unfortunately not interchangeable. For instance, you need the AT&T autoloader for AT&T devices.

With the Priv, there are 4 autoloaders: AT&T, Verizon, TMO, and everything else. That's why it's good not to buy a US carrier-branded device.
    07-04-16 10:01 AM
    With the Priv, there are 4 autoloaders: AT&T, Verizon, TMO, and everything else. That's why it's good not to buy a US carrier-branded device.
    Wait so you can use an STV100-3 autoloader for a shopBB STV100-1 and vice-versa? There are no other model/carrier-specific autoloaders?
    07-04-16 12:48 PM
    Wait so you can use an STV100-3 autoloader for a shopBB STV100-1 and vice-versa? There are no other model/carrier-specific autoloaders?
    Correct. The American carriers are special snowflakes.
    07-04-16 12:50 PM
    hey guys,
    what do you think about android 7 coming to priv?
    Well considering its BlackBerry's Flagship phone right now, Android N will definitely come eventually. Obviously "When" is the real question.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    07-04-16 03:22 PM
    Focus on BlackBerry having a stable MM platform with all carriers and unlocked instead of latest alpha / beta OS versions. Highly unlikely that BlackBerry will ever produce high volume devices, EVER. Target client base for BlackBerry is all for stability, consistency and dependability with base level security.

yvpan1 likes this.
    07-04-16 04:55 PM
    Putting faith in BlackBerry's stated 'commitments' to a product is a quick way to end up disappointed... Keep in mind, to this date they continue to state with great affirmation that BlackBerry is 'still committed to BlackBerry 10', after all... Look how far that commitment has taken us... Most Androids, without rooting and modding, are good for 2 or 3 OS upgrades tops... So the N upgrade isn't out of the question (Priv going 1st with Lollipop, then to Marshmallow and possibly dying with Nougat). I just wouldn't expect anything more than that...

Posted via CB10
    Well, with the specs of the priv, i think it won't go any further than the nougat, we'll be lucky if priv still can make it to the android 8.0 after all but i still believe we'll see the Nougat to come to the priv.

For me, better off bbry to focus On stabilising the MM first before going forward to the Nougat.

07-04-16 06:18 PM
    I'd be happy to eventually get mm on AT&T.

Like all other times when BlackBerry promises stuff and then delivers nothing this is no different. First they messed up the control over OS updates, letting AT&T be in charge. Now that they are liquidating all Priv devices that were to be sold through the AT&T channel BlackBerry said they are working on an update solution as they really can't expect AT&T to give a damn about a failed product. Since then it's just bee silence and no change. BlackBerry drops the ball again.
    07-05-16 12:02 AM
    Well, with the specs of the priv, i think it won't go any further than the nougat, we'll be lucky if priv still can make it to the android 8.0 after all but i still believe we'll see the Nougat to come to the priv.

For me, better off bbry to focus On stabilising the MM first before going forward to the Nougat.

Most Android OEMs typically will support one major OS update on Android, two if you're lucky. They're only required to support updates on devices for 18 months so anything beyond that is up to the OEM.
    07-05-16 12:20 AM
    Most Android OEMs typically will support one major OS update on Android, two if you're lucky. They're only required to support updates on devices for 18 months so anything beyond that is up to the OEM.
    Alright, when PRIV was launched, back in late Aug 2015 it was loaded with the 5.1.1. Then the MM 6.0.1 was pushed recently in May, which is roughly about 7 months after the global debut. If the 18 month's commitment is still valid then rest assured we will see the Nougat. Still 1 more year to go and most of the OEMs will have to test this OS and customise it with their own things before it's pushed to the customers.

Still got plenty of time guys...

07-05-16 12:36 AM
    Alright, when PRIV was launched, back in late Aug 2015 it was loaded with the 5.1.1. Then the MM 6.0.1 was pushed recently in May, which is roughly about 7 months after the global debut. If the 18 month's commitment is still valid then rest assured we will see the Nougat. Still 1 more year to go and most of the OEMs will have to test this OS and customise it with their own things before it's pushed to the customers.

Still got plenty of time guys...

I actually think you'll see Nougat come to the BlackBerry Priv as well, just for the record.
    07-05-16 12:42 AM
    Now that they are liquidating all Priv devices that were to be sold through the AT&T channel
    So you're saying it is Black Berry that is liquidating the AT&T Priv's?
    07-05-16 07:19 AM
    So you're saying it is Black Berry that is liquidating the AT&T Priv's?
    No, AT&T is doing that, clearly. However BlackBerry should have had a method in place to continue to support these devices that is independent of AT&T because they ultimately are responsible for every Priv out in the market.
    07-05-16 10:09 AM
    Android 7? You mean Android Nougat or NG or N?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 10:36 AM
    Android 7? You mean Android Nougat or NG or N?

Posted via CB10
    He's not wrong... yet. Could very well be 7.x. Unless N becomes 6.1 or something.
    07-05-16 11:42 AM
96 123 ...