you can install 3rd party keyboard for some time on iOS
    True but I remember have issues with th 3rd party vkb remaining the primary vkb within all applications. I believe IIRC 3rd party vkb were prevented from being used within certain apps or password login screens.
    Mind you this was a while ago so it may have changed now.
    07-18-17 04:12 PM
    See here for example. And people enabled most of these features on their older jailbroken devices and proved that they mostly worked fine.
    Blackberry mobile would benefit from somebody doing a jailbreak scheme for that…

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 06:01 PM
    I seriously doubt that the BlackBerry Priv will get Nougat. At the time that the BlackBerry Priv was released in late 2015, it came with Android 5.0 when Google's flagship phone was being released with Android 6.0. From what I remember, it took a long time for the Priv to get Android 6. I believe that once the Priv officially got Android 6 (and not when beta users on the Priv were getting Android 6), Android 7 was being released.

In any event, even Google's own flagship phones (Nexus and Pixel) don't get updates for life so with Android, people shouldn't expect BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile to keep releasing major updates for all their phones.

I think that people think that the "BlackBerry" branded phones will keep on getting updates because when BlackBerry made their own phones and was 100% in control over their proprietary OS (either pre-BB10 or BB10), they released their updates generally to all their phones. Since Android OS is not "controlled" by BlackBerry, I find it is very unlikely for BlackBerry branded phones to receive more than 1 major update.
    07-18-17 08:06 PM
    True but I remember have issues with th 3rd party vkb remaining the primary vkb within all applications. I believe IIRC 3rd party vkb were prevented from being used within certain apps or password login screens.
    Mind you this was a while ago so it may have changed now.
    No idea about that subject, I'm learning it from you. I would assume they would have ironed out those bug at the moment, but can't tell because I never owned an iphone, Just had a iphone 4 for the 2 months my passport went to warranty
    07-19-17 11:12 AM
29 12