(Tried to Fix autocorrect error in Title -- "Priv" to "Private" -- Mods please feel free to correct it, as apparently I can't!)

Please post your experiences in AT&T stores starting with the Priv launch. Are phones in stock? On display? Attractively merchandised? Charged and working? Do staff know about the phone? Are they well trained? Positive or negative?

Please provide location and whether it's a company store or licensed reseller location.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 11-06-15 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Mistyped title
    11-06-15 10:48 AM
    AT&T store in North Carolina gets an "A" for their presentation this morning. Nice big promo poster and working phones to play with, sales rep all over the phone, answer any questions and showing how to use features. Was very impressed! Come on Tmo, get this phone in your stable!!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:01 AM
    None on display, had two in stock, I bought one. Sales guy was uninformed and didn't know it ran Android.
    11-06-15 11:03 AM
    At a AT&T licensed reseller store in Montgomery Mall, Bethesda, MD they had a big wall-mounted display sign but no phones on display. Two of the four employees had finished their training on the device. When I expressed interest they were unwilling to open the box for me to see the actual phone!

At a corporate store in downtown Silver Springs, MD, the display sign was up, and a working phone was on display. It had seen a fair amount of attention, based on the number of apps open and notes created. It was running a nice Priv marketing display app, and it was warm to the touch. The staff were aware of the phone and some of its features but we're NOT trained at all.

I LOVED THE PHONE...did not expect to like it so much.
    Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-06-15 05:19 PM
    AT&T Store in Alexandria, VA had a huge display up and a working model. Staff seemed pretty knowledgable about the device.
    11-06-15 05:22 PM
    Went to a company store in Whittier, CA. Rep directed me to a working model next to the Classic. I didn't ask them questions as it was busy in there, but no one was looking at the Priv. Leave the keyboard exposed so people can see it!
    11-06-15 05:24 PM
    It was invisible - just an additional device in the row of phones on display. No special display at all. And no knowledge of the phone in the sales staff. None - "hey, that looks sweet! I think it's an Android phone ...". A joke.
    11-06-15 05:25 PM
    I'm in Indiana and I visited a corporate store. They had a nice display up with a working model below it. I purchased mine around 12pm. The sales rep said I was the fist to buy one.
    11-06-15 05:36 PM
    AT&T Store in San Jose, CA
    Had a nice wall display. Phone was on the far right, one guy was checking it out when I got there, had to wait to play with it.
    Rep said he's excited to see how they do with Android.

Only gripe is that the security tether was wrapped around the top, so could not pull out the keyboard, when I tried to, the alarm went off and the rep moved the tether to attach to the back and I was able to play with the keyboard.

4/5 stars

AT&T Store Experience After Private Launch-img_20151106_121745.jpg
    11-06-15 05:47 PM
    I was at the AT&T in Taylor Michigan this morning and they had a working model on display and a couple of the sale folks really knew a lot about the device and where honestly geeked up about it.

I played with the unit running the demo software and I really love the device and the build quality is excellent and felt great in my hand.

I was going to buy one right there and have have it unlocked so I can use it on T Mobile, but found out because of the carrier agreement they have to wait 60-90 days before they could unlock the device.

I rate the device a solid 9.5 based on my limited exposure and now I sit and wait hoping my pre ordered device will be shipped soon. As of 6PM today, I still haven't received any shipping confirmation from Blackberry.
    11-06-15 06:01 PM
    "Our guide guy hasn't gotten here to set it up yet, but we have them in stock"

Yeeeeah I wanted to play with it no thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:12 PM
    AT&T corporate store in Springfield IL has it in Stock according to AT&T website. I went there at 4:45pm and found no demo unit.

There was no rep available to talk to either. They only had two reps. One at the counter handling a line of customers & the other talking a family through plan options. Stood around for 10 min and left.

Called the "new business" line from the website to inquire about plans (looking at leaving VZW for AT&T) and had to deal with the most laughable IVR interface. It even has keyboard clicking when the machine is interpreting your requests. Took me 13 minutes to reach a representative.

I went into a couple resellers and no luck there either.

I'm just guessing AT&T really isn't interested in new business. If this kind of crappy customer service is usual for them, I think I'll stay with VZW for now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 06:50 PM
    Local store has a slot for a demo unit, but still no phone there. Just an empty peg with a label that says Priv by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 02:46 PM
    I went to a corporate store in a mall in Manchester, NH. I'm here on a business trip. When I went in yesterday, they said the unit would not be up until tomorrow, but they had a spot for it and the advertisement sign was clearly on display.

I went back this afternoon. The demo unit was still missing from the display. The first rep I asked said that "BlackBerry never sent us any." When I told him I was here yesterday, he replied "Oh I wasn't here yesterday, let me check." Basically he lied to me when he just did not know.

Another rep came from the back room, and when the first rep asked him about a demo unit of the PRIV, he responded with "we have it but it won't boot, something is wrong with the software." I requested to see it anyway so he went to fetch it for me. Low and behold, it was up and running just fine. When I asked if it has been selling well, he said "No, no one buys these phones anymore." He clearly either wasn't trained or was biased and didn't care. After playing around with it I left, frustrated. BlackBerry won't be able to win back market share if the carrier reps don't even bother to sell it.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.2639 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    11-07-15 03:04 PM
    Went to the Aqua Fria store in Phoenix Az to pick up my phone. They had one one display but Fu and attached the security cable in a manner you could not slide the pkb out.

The sales gal, Brittney was a former BlackBerry user and was trained on the Priv.

The store only had 2 phones so I'm glad I grabbed mine early

11-07-15 03:54 PM
    I went to a corporate store in a mall in Manchester, NH. I'm here on a business trip. When I went in yesterday, they said the unit would not be up until tomorrow, but they had a spot for it and the advertisement sign was clearly on display.

I went back this afternoon. The demo unit was still missing from the display. The first rep I asked said that "BlackBerry never sent us any." When I told him I was here yesterday, he replied "Oh I wasn't here yesterday, let me check." Basically he lied to me when he just did not know.

Another rep came from the back room, and when the first rep asked him about a demo unit of the PRIV, he responded with "we have it but it won't boot, something is wrong with the software." I requested to see it anyway so he went to fetch it for me. Low and behold, it was up and running just fine. When I asked if it has been selling well, he said "No, no one buys these phones anymore." He clearly either wasn't trained or was biased and didn't care. After playing around with it I left, frustrated. BlackBerry won't be able to win back market share if the carrier reps don't even bother to sell it.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.2639 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    God. Wth.

Of course they don't buy it if you don't put it out.

On second thought, he should be fired. Why be so rude to someone who obviously might buy it. Call his store and complain.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:37 PM
    I just went into an AT&T store in Silicon Valley. The rep said that they sold all five Privs that they had in Stock yesterday and their demo unit was broke. She then proceeded to go on a rant telling me how great the Priv is. I then showed her my Passport and she said "oh you will love the Priv even more.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:01 PM
    Local store on IH-10 at Huebner, had none out on display, and the manager seemed suprised that I asked for one. But he went and got it out of the back, and fired it up after a couple of attempts to find the power button. It took a long time to boot/get ready for some reason. Felt nice, did not get a chance to play with it. He said that they had no plans to put it out on display or if they did it would be at the back of the store next to the Passport and Classic. He seemed suprised that it was running Android.
    11-07-15 08:19 PM
    One phone on display at the AT&T store in St. Cloud, Minnesota.
    The folks working there seemed very excited about it.
    Personally I really liked it, but now I wait for Verizon to offer it.
    One thing I noticed that seemed a little odd was how sensitive the vkb was. I typically type one handed and when I'd hit the shift key (arrow up) as I moved my thumb to a letter (P) it would type the "L" just from me passing over it, not touching it.
    The kb on my Z 10 is not that sensitive. Maybe it can be adjusted.

11-07-15 08:21 PM
    So I too went out to my local AT&T store in Fullerton CA. (Reseller) and found no demo unit set up and no signs up anywhere. So when the salesperson ask me if he could help me I ask if he had the new Blackberry in stock. Sadly he said no and that I was like the tenth person to come in asking for one. I left feeling good that there is a high interest in this phone..He also told me that they should be getting some in next week.

Posted with a AT&T Passport.
    11-07-15 08:42 PM
    I called the nearest five AT&T stores nearest my zip code and not a single one had any on display or in stock...

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-07-15 09:01 PM
    Picked up a Priv at the local AT&T in Modesto,CA. Brian the rep showed me right where the live demo unit was and the proceeded to show me how to use it and that he was glad to see BlackBerry back in his store. He was a Windows and Android expert, so he gave me some pointers since I have always had BlackBerry's. Overall it was an excellent experience and I was glad to see it.

So far I like the Priv and hope to work more with it this week.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:08 PM
    My atnt store has it on display with a big picture of it on the wall, it was perched right beside a Classic. They had no customers in the store and about five bored reps sitting around so one of them pounced on me soon as I walked in the door. I wanted to dink around with the Priv for a few minutes but i just picked it up and asked him how to open the keyboard and spent around 15 seconds with it and just went to pay my bill. He commented it was the best looking BlackBerry he had ever seen.

I was very happy to see we got no bad attitude about the new BlackBerry here.
    11-11-15 08:19 AM