I'm currently doing part time at a Chase branch in Washington DC and some of you already know that I have 12 Privs on order to give out to colleagues of mine just to renew faith in the BlackBerry brand since they are stuck on iPhones/Samsungs. It was really the only way I could get them to give BlackBerry a chance if I provided them with devices free of charge out of my own pocket.

Well not sure what BlackBerry's marketing team is doing but I have even more colleagues literally begging me to add them on my "free giveaway" list. There seems to be a fever pitch concerning how amazing the Priv is as a device and even more so the fact that BlackBerry is still around. The speculation is there and I'm sure the curiosity has been overpowering.

I really hope I enjoy using the Priv when it comes in this week. The wait is agonizing.

 вιaсĸвεггч® ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    11-08-15 02:10 PM
    Wow you must be rich!

Posted via CB10
    tw1g_007, LazyEvul and 3junior like this.
    11-08-15 03:25 PM
    Hm, are they wanting the device because they like what it offers or cause you're giving away 700 dollar devices?? Lol

Regardless giveaways are good marketing!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:42 PM
    That was so nice of you. I swear they will love it not only because it's free but because its an awesome phone.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv!!!
    11-08-15 03:45 PM
    Your own money or are you in IT @ Chase and are upgrading 12 of your co-workers company provided devices to Priv?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:47 PM
    Hm, are they wanting the device because they like what it offers or cause you're giving away 700 dollar devices?? Lol

Regardless giveaways are good marketing!

Posted via CB10
    I thought the same, but either way very generous. Monetary gifts aside, the fact that you (OP) thought of and want to do this says a lot about your character. You must make a great friend (and BlackBerry's biggest cheerleader in DC other than The President).

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:51 PM
    Wow you must be rich!

Posted via CB10
    OP said he/she works in a bank. All is well until the end-of-month audit. Ha! Ha!
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    11-08-15 04:58 PM
    Give aways are very generous but I think it's more telling how many people are willing to part with their own money to purchase the Priv. I don't know many people who would turn down any free $700 phone.

I think the best strategy is to simply buy two phones and show off your phone to people and then anyone of your close friends or coworkers considering to buy or on the fence you can loan them one to try for a week.

I did that back with the Z10 as I purchased mine on day one and then ended up getting a Red LE for free when they came out.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 05:10 PM
    Add me to the list
    Nice thing to do

CB10•Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    11-08-15 05:49 PM
    Give aways are very generous but I think it's more telling how many people are willing to part with their own money to purchase the Priv. I don't know many people who would turn down any free $700 phone.

I think the best strategy is to simply buy two phones and show off your phone to people and then anyone of your close friends or coworkers considering to buy or on the fence you can loan them one to try for a week.

I did that back with the Z10 as I purchased mine on day one and then ended up getting a Red LE for free when they came out.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    This is a good point. Most of them have splurged on me in other ways so I really don't mind. If it gets a good enough positive feedback, I see it as free promotion for potentially more Priv sales in other Chase departments down the line. I think it's win-win for a solid and unknown BlackBerry device if I cause a chain reaction with well meaning investments.

bluetroll and 00stryder like this.
    11-08-15 06:04 PM
    This is a good point. Most of them have splurged on me in other ways so I really don't mind. If it gets a good enough positive feedback, I see it as free promotion for potentially more Priv sales in other Chase departments down the line. I think it's win-win for a solid and unknown BlackBerry device if I cause a chain reaction with well meaning investments.

Damn man, and you work part-time there?! I'd hate to even ask how much you'd make on a full salary...

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:08 PM
    what? 12 free Privs? part time at chase???
    man i went to school in DC, we should have met! lol
    11-08-15 09:05 PM