After playing with the phone over the weekend, I've used it in a days work. Lots of emails, texts etc.

First, it's pretty lame that they didn't keep the punctuation, similar to the Passport, having it on the top row (or lower part of the screen). This would really make it easier to insert punctuation. What's really bothering me is that the zero is missing from the screen keyboard and when you swipe down twice, showing the numbers, the zero is not only missing, but if you press the zero on the physical keyboard, it turns on Google voice input. Am I missing something here? There really should be a (quick select) way to leave the virtual keyboard on the screen, for punctuation. Plus if you select (in the options) to leave the screen keyboard on when the physical keyboard is open, it still KEEPS the letter there, not numbers or punctuation.

As much as I love the Android apps, maps and toys, using this for work, is becoming a tad bit frustrating. I'm hoping there's a fix for this.

Any fixes, or other keyboards that someone has found to work better without losing the physical keyboard gestures? And other than, the "delete" work or swipe down gesture, what physical gestures does the physical keyboard offer?

Thanks.
    11-09-15 08:01 PM
    After playing with the phone over the weekend, I've used it in a days work. Lots of emails, texts etc.

First, it's pretty lame that they didn't keep the punctuation, similar to the Passport, having it on the top row (or lower part of the screen). This would really make it easier to insert punctuation. What's really bothering me is that the zero is missing from the screen keyboard and when you swipe down twice, showing the numbers, the zero is not only missing, but if you press the zero on the physical keyboard, it turns on Google voice input. Am I missing something here? There really should be a (quick select) way to leave the virtual keyboard on the screen, for punctuation. Plus if you select (in the options) to leave the screen keyboard on when the physical keyboard is open, it still KEEPS the letter there, not numbers or punctuation.

As much as I love the Android apps, maps and toys, using this for work, is becoming a tad bit frustrating. I'm hoping there's a fix for this.

Any fixes, or other keyboards that someone has found to work better without losing the physical keyboard gestures? And other than, the "delete" work or swipe down gesture, what physical gestures does the physical keyboard offer?

Thanks.
    The missing zero... I agree.. it's odd... here's my take:

On the Passport, there are NO numbers on the physical keyboard, right? If you want to type in a string of numbers, you can hit the @123 or swipe down... and off you go entering numbers. But, if you only need to type only ONE number, you can swipe down, and you'll see little letters that denote a numeric shortcut... like "D" will enter "5", right? So...... unlike the Passport the Priv actually has a ZERO key. So if you swipe down... and get to the numerical keypad on-screen thing you'll notice little letters denoting a numeric shortcut. At that point, you can press "D" for "5" and zero is missing because it already exists on the physical keyboard (unlike the Passport). As far as zero bringing up Google voice... it has happened to me... but it must be an app-specific thing because if you're entering a note in Note, it will actually display a zero (0).
    11-09-15 08:26 PM
    Bring back the zero!!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 09:13 PM