Unlocked, from Blackberry, less than a year.
    Went through tech/service, they said needed replacement, warranty dept promptly agreed and issued RMA. It's my only phone so I opted for advanced replacement rather than send it off for 2 to 4 weeks.
    They have no devices for replacing, after 3 weeks they still have no idea when they will have devices for replacement.
    The original tech kinda indicated it wouldn't be repaired, but replaced anyway. At least as it is, I can answer calls through bluetooth..
    It's not that they won't honor warranty, they don't have product to honor it with, so therefore they can't.
    See if they'll do a replace with purchase option for the dtek60. Ask if they'll give you the value of a refurbished Priv off the purchase of a new dtek60 and then you can get a new phone. That's what I would start negotiations for. No way would I be waiting 3 to 4 weeks for a replacement device, F that! For some people, their phone is literally their livelihood i.e. they have a business and they use said device day in day out to run their business on the go.

With not having a proper business device on hand for 3 to 4 weeks, you couldn't even quantify the potential profits lose, loss in efficacy and personal time.
    12-22-16 06:35 AM
    You haven't read the thread, (admittedly it's pretty long).
    You cannot talk to anybody at BlackBerry without some sort of case #, if you give them the #, you will be routed to the same dept and same agent, you cannot get past that. You can talk to the agents supervisor, but thats the same thing with a different voice.
    If you try to talk to somebody without giving the case #, you get routed to support, who want IMEI / serial number, which will pop up your case # which will get you routed to the same place, only it took a lot longer.
    BlackBerry will do nothing - if there is anybody at BB who can do anything, they are behind the most effective human firewall I've ever run across.

Reports are, that if you send phone in for repair, it's 2+ months with no resolution.

I ended up buying a new Priv while they were US$299. I looked really hard at other brands, but couldn't approach the specs unless I was willing to pay a whole lot more.
    12-22-16 07:54 AM
    Update---
    6 weeks in, I did get an advance replacement at the 3 1/2 week mark. Got another email from them yesterday, saying they haven't gotten to my device and don't know yet if it will actually be a legit warranty replacement.
    I've seen other reports where people have sent Privs in for repair and are at the 2+ month mark with no resolution.
    12-22-16 08:07 AM
    I'm confused by wireless charging though. Like the "charger" is plugged in...so what's the difference...your phone is laying down without an actual chord in it?
    Yeah it suits some people, but not so good if you travel around a lot. Because the wireless charger isn't usually as small and portable as a plug in charger. Another issue generally is wireless charging is slow. Some people do their wireless charge overnight, but its known that battery charging is one of the riskier activiities, so I dislike charging batteries overnight because I'm asleep while it's happening. The other issue with wireless is every time you pick the phone up to do something it is off the charger so it stops charging, by comparison a conventional charger keeps charging when you pick the device up. And then there is cost, especially if you have more than one place where you want to station a charger. Still, some people say it suits them.
    12-22-16 08:39 AM
    Some people do their wireless charge overnight, but its known that battery charging is one of the riskier activiities, so I dislike charging batteries overnight because I'm asleep while it's happening.
    The phone knows what it's doing, there are zero issues with overnight, or longer charging. There used to be, years ago, but with current batteries and charging circuits, thats history. The phone is even monitoring battery temp while you are asleep, or anytime you are charging, and adjusting charge as needed. The worst thing you can do to a battery now is let it get below 20% before charging, and even that is fairly minor, especially if only done occasionally.
    Your other points are valid, it depends on personal circumstances and preferences. And using wireless doesn't preclude plugging it in. On those very rare occasions when I need to charge before bed time, I will plug it in. And when I travel, I don't pack the wireless.
    Iv'e never had a USB port go bad, even before I started using wireless, but apparently it's fairly common, so constant plugging and unplugging is something to consider, they do wear out. It's a minor point but it is a point.

Personally, I thought it was kinda qimicky, till the 45 degree angled ones came out for less than $30, and I picked one up just to see. Made a believer out of me.
    12-22-16 09:42 AM
    Yeah it suits some people, but not so good if you travel around a lot. Because the wireless charger isn't usually as small and portable as a plug in charger. Another issue generally is wireless charging is slow. Some people do their wireless charge overnight, but its known that battery charging is one of the riskier activiities, so I dislike charging batteries overnight because I'm asleep while it's happening. The other issue with wireless is every time you pick the phone up to do something it is off the charger so it stops charging, by comparison a conventional charger keeps charging when you pick the device up. And then there is cost, especially if you have more than one place where you want to station a charger. Still, some people say it suits them.
    Very good points to using usb charging. I do still like wireless charging. But I definitely see your points.
    12-22-16 09:55 AM
    Update---
    6 weeks in, I did get an advance replacement at the 3 1/2 week mark. Got another email from them yesterday, saying they haven't gotten to my device and don't know yet if it will actually be a legit warranty replacement.
    I've seen other reports where people have sent Privs in for repair and are at the 2+ month mark with no resolution.
    Mine was sent in and I have a replacement device right now. Mine was sent in in November. If they deem my device broken and in need of repair (they said it would cost around 300) I am just going to have to get the broken one back and live with it.

I am using the replacement right now and they haven't emailed me for about two weeks now. I'm really hoping I can just keep the replacement device and be a happy camper.
    12-22-16 05:46 PM
    The phone knows what it's doing, there are zero issues with overnight, or longer charging. There used to be, years ago, but with current batteries and charging circuits, thats history. The phone is even monitoring battery temp while you are asleep, or anytime you are charging, and adjusting charge as needed. The worst thing you can do to a battery now is let it get below 20% before charging, and even that is fairly minor, especially if only done occasionally.
    Your other points are valid, it depends on personal circumstances and preferences. And using wireless doesn't preclude plugging it in. On those very rare occasions when I need to charge before bed time, I will plug it in. And when I travel, I don't pack the wireless.
    Yeah certainly it's possible to use both kinds of charger depending on what you are doing, that's sensible. I think also people forget that battery charging issues are not always about the device, sometimes it's the charger that faults. We had a charger that caused a fire in our London office overnight once and it caused lots of damage. The fire service said it was the charger, not the thing it was charging.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-23-16 04:38 AM
    Battery charging issues are seldom about the device. People will pull a charger out of a drawer, not even look at it, then use a 10' cable that they bought at Wallmart 5 years ago for 99 cent and wonder why the phone won't charge.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    12-23-16 06:18 AM
    Mercury.
    12-24-16 12:47 AM
60 123