Anybody have suggestions for replacing a Priv? Three criteria.
    1- Not a Samsung
    2- With SD card support
    3- With wireless charging
    I'm completely aware of the DTEK's and the $299 new Priv, but I'm now kinda afraid to buy BB since they seem to be unable honor warranty.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...berry-1091862/

I've tried searching, but Google completely ignores my criteria, open to suggestions.
    11-25-16 09:07 AM
    http://m.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_9-8073.php

http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_v20-8238.php

I don't know if both have wireless charging tho
    11-25-16 09:16 AM
    Chen says that they're going to put out one more pkb device. Perhaps wait for it to come out.
    11-25-16 11:46 AM
    Chen says that they're going to put out one more pkb device. Perhaps wait for it to come out.
    Can't wait, phone is all but unusable. Only reason I've been able to go 3 weeks is bluetooth will answer with out using screen.
    I really like the Priv, (well, until the screen went unresponsive). But if I can't use it, I can't use it.
    I'm just not sure if should buy a cheap burner to get by until BB gets around to honoring the warranty on the Priv, or go ahead and replace it with a good phone, giving up on BB.
    11-25-16 12:10 PM
    I don't know if both have wireless charging tho
    Neither have wireless, and the Mate 9 won't ship till the end of Dec.
    It would be a lot easier to decide what to do if BB would tell us what is going on.
    11-25-16 12:13 PM
    For me it'd be the Pixel/Pixel XL unlocked from Google Store but NO Wireless Charging. Only reason I don't have one is the Blue is out.

I'm confused by wireless charging though. Like the "charger" is plugged in...so what's the difference...your phone is laying down without an actual chord in it?

Fast charging with USB Type C has become super fast. Also with Pixel from Google Store you get Android N out of the box and monthly updates.

I know...I never thought I'd ever recommend an Android yet alone Google Specific but it's nice.
    11-25-16 01:40 PM
    Wireless charging isn't particularly fast, it's just so convenient I hate to give it up. Prob will have to, as most phones have gotten away from it. Due in large part to the higher end devices going to all metal, (or at least a lot of them).
    11-25-16 01:49 PM
    I'm confused by wireless charging though. Like the "charger" is plugged in...so what's the difference...your phone is laying down without an actual chord in it?
    Pretty much: the charging mat and a coil in the phone use induction to charge the battery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_charging
    anon(9733642) likes this.
    11-25-16 02:52 PM
    Correct, the beauty is you never have to mess with wires or plugs.(Except for the very first time)
    Mine are both 45 degree stands, one in kitchen where I charge at night, one on desk. I can use them while charging, and the stand holds them at a good angle to see.
    FF22 and gizmo21 like this.
    11-25-16 06:09 PM
    Anybody have suggestions for replacing a Priv? Three criteria.
    1- Not a Samsung
    2- With SD card support
    3- With wireless charging
    I'm completely aware of the DTEK's and the $299 new Priv, but I'm now kinda afraid to buy BB since they seem to be unable honor warranty.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...berry-1091862/

I've tried searching, but Google completely ignores my criteria, open to suggestions.
    How were they unable to Honor warranty? Are you within one year? I had an issue with mine, went back to my carrier who sent it to BlackBerry and they fixed it under the one year warranty. Have you called the Priv 24 hour support line? How did you purchase your Priv? Unlocked or carrier?
    11-25-16 06:11 PM
    How were they unable to Honor warranty? Are you within one year? I had an issue with mine, went back to my carrier who sent it to BlackBerry and they fixed it under the one year warranty. Have you called the Priv 24 hour support line? How did you purchase your Priv? Unlocked or carrier?
    Unlocked, from Blackberry, less than a year.
    Went through tech/service, they said needed replacement, warranty dept promptly agreed and issued RMA. It's my only phone so I opted for advanced replacement rather than send it off for 2 to 4 weeks.
    They have no devices for replacing, after 3 weeks they still have no idea when they will have devices for replacement.
    The original tech kinda indicated it wouldn't be repaired, but replaced anyway. At least as it is, I can answer calls through bluetooth..
    It's not that they won't honor warranty, they don't have product to honor it with, so therefore they can't.
    11-25-16 06:59 PM
    Unlocked, from Blackberry, less than a year.
    Went through tech/service, they said needed replacement, warranty dept promptly agreed and issued RMA. It's my only phone so I opted for advanced replacement rather than send it off for 2 to 4 weeks.
    They have no devices for replacing, after 3 weeks they still have no idea when they will have devices for replacement.
    The original tech kinda indicated it wouldn't be repaired, but replaced anyway. At least as it is, I can answer calls through bluetooth..
    It's not that they won't honor warranty, they don't have product to honor it with, so therefore they can't.
    Take a look at one plus 3T
    11-25-16 07:05 PM
    Seems odd. They clearly just shipped a whole bunch according to folks on the forum. I ordered mine on Wednesday and it shipped that same evening. Possibly call and speak with management, they have them in stock.
    11-25-16 07:28 PM
    Seems odd. They clearly just shipped a whole bunch according to folks on the forum. I ordered mine on Wednesday and it shipped that same evening. Possibly call and speak with management, they have them in stock.
    Ya something doesn't add up. A BlackBerry employee just tweeted that he supplied 130 Privs to a firm in Toronto.
    11-25-16 07:59 PM
    Tweet
    Attached Thumbnails Alternative to Replace Priv?-13627.jpg  
    11-25-16 08:04 PM
    Because replacement is not fetching any money to the company. So they don't want to care about it.
    11-25-16 08:29 PM
    Plus they don't take from the same stock anyway, just like the CSRs for consumer and enterprise are different. If they took weeks to replace an enterprise device on contract, Blackberry wouldn't have any business customers anymore. Those who pay the big bucks will always get priority service. If BB determines they need to hold back X units to service enterprise warranty replacements, they'll let them turn to dust before consumers get a hold of them.
    Wezard likes this.
    11-25-16 08:35 PM
    Plus they don't take from the same stock anyway, just like the CSRs for consumer and enterprise are different. If they took weeks to replace an enterprise device on contract, Blackberry wouldn't have any business customers anymore. Those who pay the big bucks will always get priority service. If BB determines they need to hold back X units to service enterprise warranty replacements, they'll let them turn to dust before consumers get a hold of them.
    Point being devices are there as regular consumers are buying them right now
    11-25-16 09:06 PM
    We know they have devices. They just don't have any for warranty purposes. I pointed out that devices were there, was told the "packaging was different".
    Maybe they can't do warranty cuz they ran out of boxes?
    11-25-16 09:32 PM
    I'd start with asking are you an app centric person?
    If not, Snag a Lumia 950. It is quite a pleasant device to use.
    And can support those requests above.
    Depending where you purchase, you could just purchase a new backing for wireless charging.
    If I recall correctly AT&T supported it. But It's a bit fuzzy.
    11-25-16 10:14 PM
    Currently very few phones support wireless charging, particularly Samsung but the best phones currently on the market are V20, Pixel/Pixel XL, iPhone 7/7 Plus, Moto Z/Z Force/Z Play, S7 and of course the DTEK60.
    11-26-16 05:11 AM
    Lumia 950
    Thats actually an option, since the financial institutions are starting to return to Win 10, and the ones I need are already there. Pricing is attractive, specs are really good for the price - even has replaceable battery.
    Maybe the WinPhone isn't as dead as I thought.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    11-26-16 06:19 AM
    (cross-post from my input in the "No Warranty Devices" thread)

BTW here is the response when i asked if the replacement device would be new, or refurbished:

The one that we are sending are not refurbished units, and it's not a new unit as well. It is a built-to-new unit or manufactured to be a new unit. Not used by anyone or registered to anyone.

Backlogs are only experienced at the repair facility, but not on the website.
    11-26-16 08:28 AM
    (cross-post from my input in the "No Warranty Devices" thread)

BTW here is the response when i asked if the replacement device would be new, or refurbished:

The one that we are sending are not refurbished units, and it's not a new unit as well. It is a built-to-new unit or manufactured to be a new unit. Not used by anyone or registered to anyone.

Backlogs are only experienced at the repair facility, but not on the website.
    Exactly what I was told yesterday, seems it's now been added to their scripts. I have no idea what it means.
    I suppose if I sent one in with a bad screen, then somebody else sent one in with something wrong in the back side, they take the good screen, mount it on the good back side, and walla, warranty replacement device.
    I have no problem with a refurb, no matter how they choose to describe it, as long as it's in good shape and works. Just get me one, or tell me when you will.

How long have you been waiting?
    11-26-16 08:44 AM
    Thats actually an option, since the financial institutions are starting to return to Win 10, and the ones I need are already there. Pricing is attractive, specs are really good for the price - even has replaceable battery.
    Maybe the WinPhone isn't as dead as I thought.
    I snagged one because of the price. The app gap isnt that massive depending on what you choose.
    Unfortunately, my bank wasn't one of those already in support.
    And I emailed another company to see if they were going to update their app with a simple missed feature.
    The answer was pretty much no and a link to a Windows is dead article from The Verge if I recall correctly.

But, battery life was great for me. Camera was great as well. Comparable to LG devices. Phone is surprisingly very light.Tiles were surprisingly nice as well. I usually like a clean or at least folder setup on the screen. Short cuts similar to that of a blackberry pkb on the app menu.
    Even if you dont like it, its not that big of a financial hit at $300. I used it for about 2 months and besides those little annoyances I wrote above, it was a great experience.
    Try and get a non carrier branded one though. It's pretty much the same price at Microsoft, but you get the continuum dock with it for the extra $100.
    11-26-16 09:26 AM
60 123