Anyone remember those old scammy RAM boosters for PCs? The box software you'd see at CompUSA or Wal-Mart? What a joke ... Sorry for the OT, but these cleaner apps remind me of that.
    I agree. They never ever worked
    06-01-16 11:04 PM
    But in year a phone is well on its way to being obsoleted! By two years, fagitaboutit! This mentality of BlackBerry is probably what really sunk RIM in many ways. Most normal people want anything they buy to work out of the box! Especially with the constant next best thing mentality that is prevalent with people. If I had bought my Passport when it first came out I'd probably hated it but didn't get back into BlackBerry until just a few months before 10.3 so I endured only a fraction of the angst. Thee main reason I decided that I would not put up with my Priv before returning it was low battery life. If they can ever figure that out I might reconsider. But in reality I have learned I have every App that I could use, less than ten. The only thing I hate about BB OS10 is the terrible lack of video streaming capability! A phone that cannot run Hulu, Netflix nor Amazon Prime in this day and age! Unreal.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yep, I agree with everything. Priv will be obsolete in about 6 months (1 year since its release). But it does bode well for Hamburg and Rome devices. Those devices will be much more polished and nicer.

As much as it sucks for slider fans. It's good news for full touch (99% of the market) and keyboard fans.
    06-02-16 10:41 AM
    Yep, I agree with everything. Priv will be obsolete in about 6 months (1 year since its release). But it does bode well for Hamburg and Rome devices. Those devices will be much more polished and nicer.

As much as it sucks for slider fans. It's good news for full touch (99% of the market) and keyboard fans.
    Even though I'm not happy with the whole blackberry experience BlackBerry Rome looks nice. If the pkb is on par with the Classic and priced correctly, the phone might be a hit.
    06-02-16 12:04 PM

Define "obsolete" because in my mind is this phone will be good enough 2-3 years from now unless we will experience technological breakthrough and phones will be able to run Doom
    06-02-16 01:20 PM
    Define "obsolete" because in my mind is this phone will be good enough 2-3 years from now unless we will experience technological breakthrough and phones will be able to run Doom
    Obsolete as in 1 year. When people start looking at it and think "This phone is old, why would I buy it not?"
    06-02-16 02:37 PM
    i did not almost smash my Priv on purpose, but...

yesterday, i went to place my Priv into my shirts breast pocket - but missed. so, it fell from quite high off the ground, landed right on the corner, then bounced around corners and landed face down on hard street. it ended up totally okay because contrary to how some people consider the Priv be a delicate flower, it is actually quite durable and thanks to the OEM hard shell case, there is zero damage to my Priv

just wanted to share that without start an entire thread that ends up inhabited by crickets just to talk about the durability of the device

i love this thing - its still totally a durable and awesome piece of BlackBerry goodness
    gebco and chrispmoto like this.
    06-02-16 02:57 PM
    there will not be anything mind blowing that will cause me to consider the Priv as old anytime soon and the only real way to innovate now is with battery technology

peek smartphone has come and is now going - i plan to use this device for, at the very least, 2 years, plus i will most likely get both the hamburglur and roman and totally not even think about any other types of devices besides BlackBerry anyway, just like i do now, so there is no possible way for me to be swayed to some sub par brand

i am loyal through thick and thin, sometimes to a fault
    06-02-16 03:01 PM
    nothing sucks about the priv and slider fans are just fine
    06-03-16 03:11 PM
    nothing sucks about the priv and slider fans are just fine
    Hysterical laughter......... SMH, yep the Priv is perfect if are sit at a desk all day and keep it plugged in and don't run music or Nav a few hours. From, I owned one and sent the dang thing back.
    06-03-16 03:47 PM
    Hysterical laughter......... SMH, yep the Priv is perfect if are sit at a desk all day and keep it plugged in and don't run music or Nav a few hours. From, I owned one and sent the dang thing back.
    Whatever, my battery works great all day streaming on Spotify and using Maps for a trip or two.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-03-16 05:05 PM
    Battery life is great for me too. I get double battery life on Priv as opposed to the Classic while using the same apps (more or less). It easily lasts throughout the day and sometimes a day and a half. It's the best battery I've had on a phone.
    06-06-16 05:02 AM
161 ... 567