Was messing with a updated apk file of a app I use which was taking a long time to install and I figured it got stuck or looping or something. Well I tried stopping it and did a hard reset and boom. Got stuck trying to optimize 1 app. Literally 10min wait and still spinning so in a panic I restarted priv and it kept getting back to the same thing.
    Tried getting to fastload mode and it didn't do anything. Went into some other mode and error message showed. Etc. Couldn't get this thing to do ****. Than it got me thinking I might have to use a autoloader but how if I can't access any options.bootloader seemed useless etc.
    Actually took out my last phone thinking this thing was screwed. Than gave it 1 last try and let it sit in the optimizing thing a couple of minutes on the table and than it started again.
    Holy ****.
    Got me thinking all was lost and I better backup everything and learn how to use this autoloader properly incase something goes down in the future.
    Got lucky
    gebco, FF22 and Aaron Marcinkowski like this.
    04-07-18 06:07 AM
    Mine is doing this as I type this. I only did a hard reset because the Priv was acting a little slow. I reset a couple times a week. I didn't install any new app, but now it is just spinning on the "Android is starting" and "optimizing app 1 of 1". Don't know how long this might take! I also can get to the fast boot mode, but nothing happens. Oh boy, maybe time for a Keyone?
    04-19-18 12:33 PM
    Yes I am also getting the 'optimizing apps' message at startup and it takes about 15 minutes to complete. A few apps updated recently could this be the cause? Priv has also slowed down and battery worse than usual.
    Aaron Marcinkowski likes this.
    04-20-18 06:05 AM
    had issue on spouses priv last night... I've learned it's a known issue on some motorola devices if restarted on a charger... my advice... hard reset and select the shut off device option then hold power volume down till device comes back to the hard reset option and select continue boot. mine went from 1 of 1 to 1 of 6 and 15 mins later turned on. but that's what worked for me...
    04-20-18 12:06 PM
    Mine has been doing this for a while now. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
    04-20-18 01:31 PM
    The only solution was to uninstall whatever app is causing it. That did it for me. And it happened again with a new version of the app I tried again.
    Just let it finish what it's doing and uninstall the app. Not worth keeping it installed if it's gonna cause hell. Maybe the newer versions are made with nougat or oreo in mind.
    04-23-18 03:44 PM
    This just happened to me after updated latest Google apps update ...phone sat there optimizing 1 of 1 and just sat there...about 15 min later ...bang all back to normal! cold sweat ! Last time saw that optimizing was last security update for PRIV received in October!
    Obviously when saw that on the screen there was NO way to remove , add or do anything but just wait.
    04-24-18 08:52 AM
    The only solution was to uninstall whatever app is causing it. That did it for me. And it happened again with a new version of the app I tried again.
    Just let it finish what it's doing and uninstall the app. Not worth keeping it installed if it's gonna cause hell. Maybe the newer versions are made with nougat or oreo in mind.
    What was the app you removed?
    04-24-18 09:03 AM
    This just happened to me after updated latest Google apps update ...phone sat there optimizing 1 of 1 and just sat there...about 15 min later ...bang all back to normal! cold sweat ! Last time saw that optimizing was last security update for PRIV received in October!
    Obviously when saw that on the screen there was NO way to remove , add or do anything but just wait.
    Rico you finally got the March update? I got an STV100-4 and still nothing as of a few days ago
    04-24-18 11:01 AM
    I un-installed Zedge, restart, works perfectly now. re-installed Zedge from Play Store, still works perfectly. noticed battery life seems much better than normal. That being said, I haven't had many texts the last few days, I use Textra (the paid version). Would Textra use more battery? No big deal, still love the Priv.
    05-09-18 06:45 AM
    I un-installed Zedge, restart, works perfectly now. re-installed Zedge from Play Store, still works perfectly. noticed battery life seems much better than normal. That being said, I haven't had many texts the last few days, I use Textra (the paid version). Would Textra use more battery? No big deal, still love the Priv.
    Zedge was the offending app on my Priv and my wife's DTek50, un-installed and they both boot up in record time now.
    06-08-18 10:03 AM
    What was the app you removed?
    True caller
    And after that it happened again with another update of an app I use. Forget which. But as u can see since posting this originally it's been several other kinds of apps of all kinds.
    06-09-18 03:37 AM
    The same here after the system update 3 days ago.
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-09-18 06:03 AM