Please don't return your phones right away. If you are new to Android, it could be because of app issues or anything else draining your battery. Try this app out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nos.dxbs&hl=en You can optimize your phone for best battery use and it will tell you what is eating your battery up in the background.

Also, remember to often use the menu button to clear your apps that are running. This has a big affect on your battery as well.
    ce71 likes this.
    11-09-15 09:29 AM
    I agree... give it it a week to settle in. Then if it doesn't meet your needs, return it.
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-09-15 09:38 AM
    Please don't return your phones right away. If you are new to Android, it could be because of app issues or anything else draining your battery. Try this app out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nos.dxbs&hl=en You can optimize your phone for best battery use and it will tell you what is eating your battery up in the background.

Also, remember to often use the menu button to clear your apps that are running. This has a big affect on your battery as well.
    Right...your life with owning an Android phone is constant app and battery management. I've done it plenty of times before and am glad to see that nothing's changed!
    11-09-15 10:57 AM
    I tried this app. No improvement to performance but it did help me identify the problem "blackberry services" is both draining my batter and causing the phone to get insanely hot.
    The most frustrating part for me is that battery life and heat are the two main reasons I "upgraded" from my Z10. But I've got the same issues but worse because I can't swap in a spare battery.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 01:10 PM
    BTW- screen brightness is turned way down. All background apps and process have been stopped/closed. Turned off email syncing.

11-09-15 01:12 PM
    My Priv literally lasts a good 5 hours. I always make sure to clear the apps being used in the background and all. This sucks for a phone that's suppose to have a 20+ hours of mixed use.
    jberb1984 likes this.
    11-09-15 01:12 PM
    Mine was crap the first day or two. Now it's pretty awesome. This phone , more than any other I've had, has gone from zero to hero. Not sure of its because it's setting up android stuff and blackberry stuff the first days or what. Gsam days I'm averaging 18 hours with 6-1/2 screen on time. Very happy with that
    11-09-15 02:09 PM
    Mine was rough the first few days as well. But now that things have settled in, holy bananas what an awesome phone!

11-09-15 02:12 PM
    I got mine Saturday. Both Saturday and yesterday, I barely put the thing down, so it's no wonder the battery was horrible. Now that I'm back into the normal usage cycle, I charged and unplugged my Priv last night around 11:30pm and it's now 4:15pm today and I'm only at 39%. Not too shabby for my usage.
    11-09-15 02:15 PM
    One question I did have though is around the "tap to wake" option. With my BB10 devices I always turned that option off. Anyone know if it would make much of a difference here? Thanks!

11-09-15 02:17 PM
    Mine was bad first 6 hours but it gets better and better every day. Seems odd to most people why this happens but even BB10 batteries do that..
    Reboot daily as well for first week.

posted from my Priv!
    11-09-15 02:23 PM
    Z10 had this problem big time then BlackBerry sent out fix two weeks after release.

posted from my Priv!
    11-09-15 02:25 PM