I've been trying to sort out the issues with my PKB on the Priv and have had no success. Wondering if those of you who have Priv's as well would be willing to do a little test for me by typing out the phrase "all in all" as fast as possible and reporting your results. When I do it, I get "all in AL" Seems to go screwy the most when I'm typing words with repeating letters. Not trying to waste anyone's time here, just want to know if it I need to swap this unit out for a new one. Thanks!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 03:44 PM
    All in all

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    11-11-15 03:45 PM
    OK, cheating a bit here, with my magnificent beast

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    JunkieXP likes this.
    11-11-15 03:45 PM
    All in all
    As fast as possible

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Priv
    jamielall likes this.
    11-11-15 03:58 PM
    This is probably a software bug... try to contact BlackBerry and post on their forums too!
    jamielall likes this.
    11-11-15 04:02 PM
    He was referring to a Priv no? Passport is alot wider and is probably easier.
    11-11-15 04:03 PM
    All in all.

Works okay

Posted via PRIV
    Condoleeza likes this.
    11-11-15 04:05 PM
    Does the Priv have language and prediction settings like the one in BB10? Maybe you should check for a previously stored word/phrase that the keyboard is picking up.
    11-11-15 04:19 PM
    All in all

Posted via my Priv 5.1.1
    11-12-15 10:33 AM
    Does the Priv have language and prediction settings like the one in BB10? Maybe you should check for a previously stored word/phrase that the keyboard is picking up.
    Yes.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-12-15 10:41 AM
    As you know, OP - mine is doing the same. Sometimes I get Al in Al.
    I think the software is just not optimised for the PKB and therefore is slower. I am really speedy on my PKB already and it constantly misses out letters.

I don't think it's a defective unit as this is my second Priv and both of them have done the same.

But who knows, maybe it is?
    11-12-15 10:53 AM
    Is the OP sure he/she is hitting the keys each time?

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 10:59 AM
    Hmm, just did a bit of comprehensive testing on this on mine, and I've noticed that it doesn't seem to happen all the time, but it does happen occasionally. Seems to happen most frequently when I've just started to type, so longer words don't seem to have the issue. Definitely pressing the keys properly and even when not moving my thumbs at all and repetitively pressing the keys over and over, it happens maybe 5% of the time. I'd be willing to bet it's some kind of software bug.
    11-12-15 11:06 AM

I can't speak for the OP, but I know for a fact I am hitting every key.
    And it is not registering.

It's the same if I type 10 'A's' in quick succession. Only 6 register.
    Granted I'm pressing quickly but it is 10 full key presses. On my Classic, I do it at the same speed 10 times - and 10 letters register and appear on screen.

Got to be software issue but some people are telling me their keypads are completely fine and my unit(s) both must be defective.
    11-12-15 11:09 AM
    Mine does the same thing. I would say it happens about 60% of the time when I am starting to type, and maybe 5-10% of the time on average. It's kind of annoying, but I know now to just slow down for the double letters and double check that first word. I'm hoping that it's just a software issue that can be sorted out.
    11-12-15 11:32 AM
    Seems like software to me.
    I think as newer users speed up with the keypad they'll start to notice it. At first I didn't due to being a bit slow as its a smaller PKB than the Classic, but it took no time at all for me to get up to speed and that's when I noticed the delay.

It's crippling my typing! If I wanted to have to check my screen when typing and back spacing to rectify errors I'd use an on screen keypad which is the very reason I choose BlackBerry!
    11-12-15 11:44 AM
    All in all
    As fast as possible

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Priv
    "It's an entirely different kind of flying."
    11-12-15 11:50 AM
    I'm having the same issue, and it is definitely more prominent when starting up a new text etc.
    I tinkered with various settings like disabling prediction, spell check etc. to no avail.

Pretty sure it's software, hopefully next update for BB apps is on its way soon...I'm also waiting for the exFat driver issue to be fixed for 64GB SD cards.
    11-12-15 02:16 PM
    Can the pkb and vkb be controlled separately?

What I mean is. Can you make the physical keyboard operate with no interference from the OS? Like a Torch keyboard? No prediction no substitution no auto correct.

But still have all that on the vkb?

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-12-15 02:26 PM
    Can the pkb and vkb be controlled separately?

What I mean is. Can you make the physical keyboard operate with no interference from the OS? Like a Torch keyboard? No prediction no substitution no auto correct.

But still have all that on the vkb?

You can't unfortunately, no. The only thing you can control for them individually is the strength of he auto correction. So it's factory set is that the physical keypad has a low word correction (presumably due to you hitting the keys you need easier than a VKB) and the VKB is set higher, for obvious reasons!

I have given up trying to tweak settings to speed this up. It just doesn't make a difference. There is a definite lag for quick typers and they will need to address it. Hopefully they do, if not I can't see me keeping the device too long. I know it's a bit drastic, but it's why I choose PKB's, the speed and fluency compared to horrible VKB. If it isn't keeping up, causing typos and me having to keep hitting backspace then it's useless.
    11-12-15 04:54 PM
    All in all
    All in all
    All in all
    AL i
    All in all
    All in all
    All in all
    All in all

11-12-15 05:28 PM
    You can't unfortunately, no. The only thing you can control for them individually is the strength of he auto correction. So it's factory set is that the physical keypad has a low word correction (presumably due to you hitting the keys you need easier than a VKB) and the VKB is set higher, for obvious reasons!

I have given up trying to tweak settings to speed this up. It just doesn't make a difference. There is a definite lag for quick typers and they will need to address it. Hopefully they do, if not I can't see me keeping the device too long. I know it's a bit drastic, but it's why I choose PKB's, the speed and fluency compared to horrible VKB. If it isn't keeping up, causing typos and me having to keep hitting backspace then it's useless.
    If you're able to type quickly on that keyboard then there's hope for you. Because a software update may be all that you need.

For me, the keyboard is just too small for me to type with 2 thumbs like I used to on the Torch. I hit 2 or 3 keys each time. For me it's actually slower than the vkb.

What I really wanted was how the Bold 9900 and Torch 9810 were touchscreen. But the keyboard was mechanical and not enhanced by the software. But what I wanted even more than that was just to have a keyboard I could type on with accuracy and not have to even look.

For me this thing is so disappointing because I'm a slider lover and wanted this thing to work so bad. I may pick this phone up one day when I feel the price is worth a phone with no keyboard. But for right now if I was going to go Android and couldn't have a keyboard there are other Androids with great specs for 400 dollars. And flagships like the Note for 700.

Right now I'm going to sit tight with my Z30 but I'd jump on that Priv for 499.00 right now. Because it is good enough to use without sliding the keyboard open of it wasn't so expensive. I'd pay up right now if I could use that keyboard.

Course I'd be as frustrated as you if the keys were big enough for my hands but that it couldn't keep up with my typing.

Maybe your phone needs to just be reset / software reinstalled? Or maybe you need to visit a Priv at AT&T and see if they all do that and if not then exchange yours? Sounds like this phone could work for you if the software was working right. I'd be happier to turn everything off on the keyboard. The way they have it now it's the same as typing on a vkb.

11-12-15 05:34 PM

Yes I'm hitting the keys each time. It's brutal for me so I'm going to be exchanging the unit tomorrow and hopefully that works.

11-12-15 11:21 PM
    Not sure if this is the problem but are your phones still in the initial sync cycle? The demands on the phone are high in the initial 72 hours and may lead the the lag some of you are experiencing?

Posted via my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2789
    11-13-15 03:18 AM
    All in all all in all all in all in all all in all

11-13-15 03:51 AM
49 12