Hi,

I'm new to the Priv and Android coming from iOS.

The last 2 mornings I could not manage to properly switch off the alarm when it woke me. I know you are supposed to drag the alarm clock symbol onto off.

But I must have when picking up either touched something on the screen or it did not display the right screen. I was on the home screen. The alarm was sounding. So I thought lets go into the alarm clock app and switch the alarm off from there. Did that - alarm was still sounding. In iOS this switches off the alarm. But apparently here the alarm sound is a different process from the alarm app.
    Then thought lets go into the running apps view - did not find any alarm app there. Closed all apps. The alarm was still sounding. pressed all buttons including mute. Did not work - why doesn't pressing mute at least mute a sounding alarm?
    Only option I found was to completely turn off the phone.

Surely there must be a better solution? The only app I have installed that might / could interfere is Twilight, which adjusts the screen colour to the time of day.
    12-11-16 11:18 AM
    Hi,

The last 2 mornings I could not manage to properly switch off the alarm when it woke me. I know you are supposed to drag the alarm clock symbol onto off.

But I must have when picking up either touched something on the screen or it did not display the right screen. I was on the home screen. The alarm was sounding. So I thought lets go into the alarm clock app and switch the alarm off from there. Did that - alarm was still sounding. In iOS this switches off the alarm. But apparently here the alarm sound is a different process from the alarm app.
    Then thought lets go into the running apps view - did not find any alarm app there. Closed all apps. The alarm was still sounding. pressed all buttons including mute. Did not work - why doesn't pressing mute at least mute a sounding alarm?

Surely there must be a better solution? The only app I have installed that might / could interfere is Twilight, which adjusts the screen colour to the time of day.
    Tap on the time on your home screen. Should take you into your alarms screen. Tap the three dots in the upper right corner. Tap settings. Scroll down to volume buttons. Try setting that to dismiss. Then just hit the volume buttons to turn off. I also had that issue when I first got my Priv. Took me awhile to get that swipe function right especially if I'm not really awake.
    12-11-16 12:01 PM
    Hi,

I know if I set an alarm and could not stop it, someone would kill me!!!

Two minutes and counting.

I just set an alarm. I think Alarms have changed under MM. I recall setting a few alarms on my summer vacation to catch flights. I could silence them.

There was/is a rather small window at the top that allows Snooze or Dismiss.

I did first hit the rest of the screen and it did not remove the window or stop the alarm. So that the prompt remained visible.

Alarm clock - unable to switch off alarm-screenshot_20161211-100316.jpg
    12-11-16 12:06 PM
    Thanks for your help! I changed the setting to dismiss on volume key press.
    FF22 and misterabrasive like this.
    12-11-16 02:56 PM
    Yesterday I had the same problem again. the alarm rang but instead of the screen to turn off the alarm, a different app was displayed in the foreground. I think it was ES file manager. Pressing a volume key to switch off the alarm did not work.
    I had to unlock the Priv, start the alarm clock app and disable the alarm by turning it off in there.
    This is not Blackberry"s fault but it is still annoying. Something like that never happened to me in five years of using ios.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    12-15-16 04:44 PM
    Yesterday I had the same problem again. the alarm rang but instead of the screen to turn off the alarm, a different app was displayed in the foreground. I think it was ES file manager. Pressing a volume key to switch off the alarm did not work.
    I had to unlock the Priv, start the alarm clock app and disable the alarm by turning it off in there.
    This is not Blackberry"s fault but it is still annoying. Something like that never happened to me in five years of using ios.
    You might try tracking it down if ES File Manager. Main Settings, Apps, scroll to ES FileManager. See if it is set up as a Default for any action. If so, reset/cancel it. Or make sure it is not another app and not ES.

Good luck.
    12-15-16 05:13 PM
    Thanks! I turned off all notifications for es file manager and at least this morning everything worked as expected.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-17-16 02:15 PM
    Can you not just slide the alarm bar to the right? It shuts mine off.
    12-17-16 04:15 PM